Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
retardturtle1

brushrolls
Original Message   May 27, 2009 4:14 pm
besides dyson...what other vacuum has a brushroll thats as agressive and deep cleaning on padded short pile carpet...panasonic triforce roller,.riccar comrcl..ect.        any and all input and exp.is welcomed.....thank you
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Venson

Re: brushrolls
Reply #1   May 27, 2009 5:00 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
besides dyson...what other vacuum has a brushroll thats as agressive and deep cleaning on padded short pile carpet...panasonic triforce roller,.riccar comrcl..ect.        any and all input and exp.is welcomed.....thank you

Oh c'mon guy, you're in the business? First of all just about any upright or canister with a PN should be able to handle short pile, padding or no. The real challenge is always the ability to get stuff below the surface of medium and high pile carpeting.

I'm sure there'll be debate about this but as regards aggressiveness, a good rule of thumb is to look for a brushroll that is composed of a relatively thick shaft and short bristles and vice versa if you're looking for gentler action. As well, some brands use "stiffeners" at the base of average length bristles to firm them up. It's better to first feel a brushroll to get an idea of how firm or soft its brush strips are. Yet, this is no assurance of good performance if the cleaner's design is not good which is why testing one out before buying is always best.

There are any number of brands that should be able to deliver well on short pile.

Regards,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #2   May 27, 2009 7:26 pm
Don't overlook the manual height adjustment.  A feature always praised by Consumer Reports, and almost standard equipment on all big box retail brand vacuums.  And, I might add finally added to the most expensive bagless sold in the big box stores in the USA.  What took the good engineer so long to figure it out?

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #3   May 29, 2009 8:46 am
ORECK//////////////////
CarmineD

Reply #4   May 30, 2009 8:04 am
mole wrote:
ORECK//////////////////

Hello MOLE:

Good choice.  

Carmine D. 

HankJones

Reply #5   May 30, 2009 10:59 am
Has it been discussed that Dyson brushrolls shave carpet as noted by the American Carpet and Rug Institute?
HARDSELL

Reply #6   May 30, 2009 11:15 am
HankJones wrote:
Has it been discussed that Dyson brushrolls shave carpet as noted by the American Carpet and Rug Institute?

Not that I recall.  I only remember mention of Dyson brush roll not being aggressive like others.  Seems like more aggressive would mean more shaving.
retardturtle1

Reply #7   May 30, 2009 6:15 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Not that I recall.  I only remember mention of Dyson brush roll not being aggressive like others.  Seems like more aggressive would mean more shaving.

i heard that also...that they are hard on carpet....but one would think that on med. pile worn carpet  that the aggressiveness of the dyson roller would act as a carpet rake/restorer...
vacmanuk

Reply #8   May 31, 2009 7:35 pm
Over the most expensive types I've tried the one that I find with the most aggressive brush roll is my tiny Vax Quicklite / Dirt Devil Dynammite; it has a wavy line of beaters set into the brush fixings rather than separate beater bars. I find it too aggressive at times compared to gentler action. Sometimes though its better to have a gentler action on short looped pile though; I find the more aggressive a brush roll is on this type of carpet, the more fraying happens and then it gets destroyed.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42