Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Redesigned Kenmore Canister

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vaclov

New Redesigned Kenmore Canister
Original Message   May 23, 2009 1:46 am

I like this style better when compared to the current. I know the canister itself  probably has the same mechanics as the current TOL models but interesting none the least.
This message was modified May 23, 2009 by vaclov
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: New Redesigned Kenmore Canister
Reply #1   May 23, 2009 2:08 am
gotta say i agree...looks higher end all the way....id like to see one in riccar white.....with a triforce motor in it .....then id say its go time!
CarmineD

Reply #2   May 23, 2009 7:17 am

Description

Low Monthly Payment. Click here to see what your monthly payment would be with your Sears card.

Kenmore Canister features technology such as Quiet Guard for reduced noise levels. Also features easy to use touch controls to operate variable power and bare floor settings.

• Quiet Guard Sound Package for quieter operation
  • Electronic Touch controls including bare floor, variable power
  • Infrared Dirt Sensor tells you when imbedded dirt is removed to prolong carpet life
  • Lightweight telescopic wand with light for comfort and easy above floor cleaning
  • Pet Powermate motorized attachment is ideal for cleaning pet hair from furniture
  • Upper and Lower Quick Releases for convenient attachment of onboard tools
  • Exclusive Stair Grip enables vacuum to rest on staircase for easy stair cleaning

Here's the specs/features for the new SEARS canister line.  Surprise surprise, SEARS even uses the specialty term: Pet!  What do you know?  Genius or goof, DIB?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #3   May 23, 2009 2:13 pm
Hi,

I just read something where the Kenmore was referred to as
the common man's vacuum cleaner. I staunchly believe it is. What's amazing is that since my childhood, latter '50s to now, Kenmore keeps popping up with -- if not a new idea -- at least a new look.

The little mini electric power nozzle has been with Kenmore for years and years and, correct me if I'm wrong, Kenmore/Whirlpool was at the forefront for onboard attachment feature. (Electrolux tool saddle not forgotten). Kenmore/Whirlpool also started out with regular power nozzles well before they caught on with other manufacturers.

Venson
Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #4   May 23, 2009 6:39 pm
I think that the new one, the power nozzle especially looks cheaper and more tacky than it's predecessors.  II fear it's only a matter of time before Sears starts using TTI instead of Panasonic and LG for their canisters.  Anyone know who is making the current non-direct drive Progressive uprights? 

Thanks

CarmineD

Reply #5   May 23, 2009 8:44 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi,

I just read something where the Kenmore was referred to as
the common man's vacuum cleaner. I staunchly believe it is. What's amazing is that since my childhood, latter '50s to now, Kenmore keeps popping up with -- if not a new idea -- at least a new look.

The little mini electric power nozzle has been with Kenmore for years and years and, correct me if I'm wrong, Kenmore/Whirlpool was at the forefront for onboard attachment feature. (Electrolux tool saddle not forgotten). Kenmore/Whirlpool also started out with regular power nozzles well before they caught on with other manufacturers.

Venson

Hi Venson et al:

If I recall correctly, Consumer Reports quite regularly states that SEARS/KENMORE sells the majority of new canisters purchased every year in te USA.  Almost 50 percent of the new cann sales market every year consistently goes to SEARS in most recent years.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #6   May 24, 2009 8:36 am
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
I think that the new one, the power nozzle especially looks cheaper and more tacky than it's predecessors.  II fear it's only a matter of time before Sears starts using TTI instead of Panasonic and LG for their canisters.  Anyone know who is making the current non-direct drive Progressive uprights? 

Thanks

• Quiet Guard Sound Package for quieter operation
  • Electronic Touch controls including bare floor, variable power
  • Infrared Dirt Sensor tells you when imbedded dirt is removed to prolong carpet life
  • Lightweight telescopic wand with light for comfort and easy above floor cleaning
  • Hi Vacuumfreeeke:

I excerpted the first 4 bullets of the features for the new [redesigned] SEARS KENMORE cann.  All have been staples from HOOVER models for many years, and long before TTI.  First is the hush mode from the HOOVER EmPower.   A popular seller among big box retailers since 2003 and still.  The second from the HOOVER Z since 2005: Digi-Touch controls.  Not a popular seller but excellent feature for the times.  Third from the HOOVER WT since 1989, HOOVER's signature vacuum model for the end of the 20th Century.  Fourth from the HOOVER constellations going back to the early 50's. 

Innovative technology is of no value to society as a whole unless it is made useful, sensible and affordable in people's daily lifes and endeavors.  SEARS/KENMORE does this by tapping into the wherewithal and ingenuity of others.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 24, 2009 by CarmineD
    Venson

Reply #7   May 24, 2009 8:49 am
    CarmineD wrote:
    Hi Venson et al

If I recall correctly, Consumer Reports quite regularly states that SEARS/KENMORE sells the majority of new canisters purchased every year in te USA.  Almost 50 percent of the new cann sales market every year consistently goes to SEARS in most recent years

Carmine D.

Good morning Carmine,

I certainly believe it and can't figure out why it appears nobody else does. There seems to be an underlying feeling that just about everybody has a grand on hand to run out and buy a vacuum that will last forever. Sear's Kenmore makes no such promises but the public has enough faith in Sears to believe what they get will carry them for a reasonable amount of time.

What I'd like to know more of is how the company's acquisition strategy works since Sears itself does not manufacture the appliances it sells. It must take a lot of intelligence and intuition plus sensitivity to the marketplace and public wants to get it right most of the time.

Talk all you want about this and that brand vac, Kenmore has a track record that's not to be sneezed at. My only gripe is that they have still not changed the hose latch.

Best,

Venson
    CarmineD

Reply #8   May 24, 2009 2:13 pm
    Venson wrote:
    Good morning Carmine,

I certainly believe it and can't figure out why it appears nobody else does. There seems to be an underlying feeling that just about everybody has a grand on hand to run out and buy a vacuum that will last forever. Sear's Kenmore makes no such promises but the public has enough faith in Sears to believe what they get will carry them for a reasonable amount of time.

What I'd like to know more of is how the company's acquisition strategy works since Sears itself does not manufacture the appliances it sells. It must take a lot of intelligence and intuition plus sensitivity to the marketplace and public wants to get it right most of the time.

Talk all you want about this and that brand vac, Kenmore has a track record that's not to be sneezed at. My only gripe is that they have still not changed the hose latch.

Best,

Venson

Hello Venson:

I suspect due to SEARS' long history of success and time in USA retail, that appliance companies [vacuum makers includede] are chomping at the bit to strike "long term" contracts and business arrangements with SEARS for letting SEARS "tap" into their resources, both people and products.  It's a win win for all.  SEARS guarantees exclusivity with their business partners [companies] and the companies get "free" and "extra" money to boot. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
    Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42