Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
retardturtle1

tandem air...
Original Message   May 17, 2009 4:25 pm
in riccars tandem air vaccum...while the direct-air motor turns the brushroll and cleans the carpet..does the clean -air motor provide any additional suction or cleaning power at the brushroll chamber...or is it only used to help filter the air out of the vac...im about to start project (franken vac 8925) .just trying to figure some stuff out b4 i start....any help, knowledge ,ideas, is more than welcome....and  appriciated
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Venson

Re: tandem air...
Reply #1   May 17, 2009 4:43 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
in riccars tandem air vaccum...while the direct-air motor turns the brushroll and cleans the carpet..does the clean -air motor provide any additional suction or cleaning power at the brushroll chamber...or is it only used to help filter the air out of the vac...im about to start project (franken vac 8925) .just trying to figure some stuff out b4 i start....any help, knowledge ,ideas, is more than welcome....and  appriciated

Hi,

The tandem-air (two different fan systems) can be used together for carpeting cleaning with extra oomph provided by the machine's clean-air motor. The same cleaner can be used with only the direct air-motor running to provide suction and of course to drive the brushroll.

Two suction motors in a standard-size household upright vac is a unique idea I have only seen used by Riccar/Simplicity. When you've got your plan worked out please send pictures!

Best,

Venson
retardturtle1

Re: tandem air...
Reply #2   May 17, 2009 6:12 pm
not a problem on the pics....do you think i should concentrate all suction thru the one inlet...at one end or one inlet for the dir-air mtr ,,and at the other end an inlet for the clean air mtr...that meet as one at the entrance of the bag.,,and could i use 2 in pvc pipe in place of the rectangular kind thats used in dir-air systems.....and thank you for your reply....
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42