Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Airmuscle™ technology - Dyson’s DC28... A floating head on steroids.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   May 14, 2009 5:50 pm
This message was modified May 15, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 97 - 106 of 106Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
dusty

Reply #97   Aug 6, 2009 6:48 pm
In a purely unscientific study...of the 8 uprights I have in for repair at the moment all but one are set on the lowest carpet setting.  The one that's not is set to "bare floors"

Dusty
HARDSELL

Reply #98   Aug 6, 2009 8:12 pm
dusty wrote:
In a purely unscientific study...of the 8 uprights I have in for repair at the moment all but one are set on the lowest carpet setting.  The one that's not is set to &quot;bare floors&quot;<BR><BR>Dusty

Sounds like they might not be Dysons.
dusty

Reply #99   Aug 6, 2009 8:51 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Sounds like they might not be Dysons.

No, not Dysons. Samsungs, Bissells, Hoovers and Eurekas.

Dusty
DysonInventsBig

Reply #100   Aug 6, 2009 10:04 pm
dusty wrote:
In a purely unscientific study...of the 8 uprights I have in for repair at the moment all but one are set on the lowest carpet setting.  The one that's not is set to "bare floors"

Dusty

Dusty,

I remember about a 1 1/2 yrs. ago or so you posted most vacuums that come in for repair come in with height adjustments set to the lowest position.  THANKS.

DIB

dusty

Reply #101   Aug 6, 2009 11:22 pm
Hi DIB,

To be fair, Carmen also pointed out that as performance drops customers will tend to lower the height thinking it will work better which I have no doubt is also true.  I do believe the majority however, and this is from watching customers as they try vacuums in the store, have a tendency to drop the height to it's lowest assuming that it's the best setting. In store, I can correct them but unfortunately if they are buying from a big box they will never be told...but that's why we sell belts :-)

Dusty
retardturtle1

Reply #102   Aug 6, 2009 11:56 pm
dusty wrote:
Hi DIB,

To be fair, Carmen also pointed out that as performance drops customers will tend to lower the height thinking it will work better which I have no doubt is also true.  I do believe the majority however, and this is from watching customers as they try vacuums in the store, have a tendency to drop the height to it's lowest assuming that it's the best setting. In store, I can correct them but unfortunately if they are buying from a big box they will never be told...but that's why we sell belts :-)

Dusty

hi dusty

So whats your method of ajustment on a slide height adjuster....and i agree that most come in with the lowest  setting....so low that the brushes have curved. or bearings melted roller ends......my local bbox has the worst cust serv....so you better know all about what you want/need....cause your on your own.

turtle1

dusty

Reply #103   Aug 7, 2009 12:02 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi dusty

So whats your method of ajustment on a slide height adjuster....and i agree that most come in with the lowest  setting....so low that the brushes have curved. or bearings melted roller ends......my local bbox has the worst cust serv....so you better know all about what you want/need....cause your on your own.

turtle1

With the handle out of the upright position and the height adjust on it's highest level we have the customer drop the height down until they hear a change of pitch as the brush starts to hit the carpet.  We get them to try vacuuming at that setting and if they're not feeling it's doing the job the drop it down no more than one more level.

Dusty
retardturtle1

Reply #104   Aug 7, 2009 12:12 am
dusty wrote:
With the handle out of the upright position and the height adjust on it's highest level we have the customer drop the height down until they hear a change of pitch as the brush starts to hit the carpet.  We get them to try vacuuming at that setting and if they're not feeling it's doing the job the drop it down no more than one more level.

Dusty

Thanks....im on the right track.  but im always open to a diff approach. if you got a way to do something better ill sure try it.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #105   Aug 7, 2009 8:20 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Dusty,

I remember about a 1 1/2 yrs. ago or so you posted most vacuums that come in for repair come in with height adjustments set to the lowest position.  THANKS.

dusty wrote:
Hi DIB,

To be fair, Carmine also pointed out that as performance drops customers will tend to lower the height thinking it will work better which I have no doubt is also true.  I do believe the majority however, and this is from watching customers as they try vacuums in the store, have a tendency to drop the height to it's lowest assuming that it's the best setting. In store, I can correct them but unfortunately if they are buying from a big box they will never be told...but that's why we sell belts :-)

Dusty

DIB:

You never fail to prove/reprove what I have know about you for years here: You have a complete lack of getting it/forgetting the crux of the matters during the thread discussions.  Thank goodness Dusty suffers fools more easily than me.  Thank you Dusty.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 7, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #106   Aug 7, 2009 8:36 am
PS DIB:

You once commented on my voluminous posts here in such a short period of time of doing so.  You didn't get it there either.  It's stating and restating the obvious over and over ad infinitum to the likes of you who can't/won't comprehend plain and simple English. 

Then again James/dyson, your leaders, are just as bad.  Witness the recent thread discussions with floating self-adjusting dyson vacuum heads and exobitant outlandish hand held prices for lackluster performing products.  

Carmine D.

Replies: 97 - 106 of 106Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42