Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Midnight madness at Sears . . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Midnight madness at Sears . . . .
Original Message   May 10, 2009 10:31 am
Hi,

For those interested, Kenmore and Dyson lovers alike, Sears just sent me an email announcing a Mother's Day sale. As I was hatched this vednture is of no particular interest to me but might serve well for others looking for vacuum bargains.

Check it out . . .

Venson
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Midnight madness at Sears . . . .
Reply #1   May 10, 2009 4:12 pm
Hi Venson:

I can't recall the last time I saw a SEARS newspaper/TV sales ad.  Probably since the 2008 Holiday Season.  Seen a K-Mart ad here and there but very infrequently.  Certainly not as consistently as in past good retail times.  I presume SEARS/K-Mart is saving the marketing money and plowing it back into its operations, which have been suffering for some time now from the economic tsunami.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   May 10, 2009 6:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

I can't recall the last time I saw a SEARS newspaper/TV sales ad.  Probably since the 2008 Holiday Season.  Seen a K-Mart ad here and there but very infrequently.  Certainly not as consistently as in past good retail times.  I presume SEARS/K-Mart is saving the marketing money and plowing it back into its operations, which have been suffering for some time now from the economic tsunami.

Carmine D.

Hiiya
Carmine,

I too have seen little of sales fliers from Sears in thew mail or on my doorstep. Though annoying, I am beginning to prefer sales info coming via eamil -- getting rid of it is just a click away. The little paper sales circulars, menus, etc., that are already turning up everyday kind of get on my nerves. (I wouldn't mind so much of all that junk kept the mailman from fitting the bills in too.)

Anyway . . . take into account too that the world is changing its way of doing things and that consumers may be gently being nudged in a new direction. Once you click on the link in an email you're at the store's website anyway so why not buy right then and there? As long as you know the product you wish to buy or are willing to try, if a vendor's return policy is convenient, some online shopping may save a lot of running around and gas money.

I think its common knowledge that CR now has links to purchase sources for recommended products.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #3   May 11, 2009 1:05 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiiya
Carmine,

I too have seen little of sales fliers from Sears in thew mail or on my doorstep. Though annoying, I am beginning to prefer sales info coming via eamil -- getting rid of it is just a click away. The little paper sales circulars, menus, etc., that are already turning up everyday kind of get on my nerves. (I wouldn't mind so much of all that junk kept the mailman from fitting the bills in too.)

Anyway . . . take into account too that the world is changing its way of doing things and that consumers may be gently being nudged in a new direction. Once you click on the link in an email you're at the store's website anyway so why not buy right then and there? As long as you know the product you wish to buy or are willing to try, if a vendor's return policy is convenient, some online shopping may save a lot of running around and gas money.

I think its common knowledge that CR now has links to purchase sources for recommended products.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

Wholeheartedly agree.  Newspapers are becoming scarce as a source of information by today's computer savvy readers.  But there is a caveat.  As long as SEARS competitors, [ BEST BUY, JC Penny, Macy's, KOHL's, Target, Wal*Mart, COSTCO, LOWE's, HOME DEPOT, etc ] are still advertising on TV and newspaper supplements in the dailies and weekends, especially for holiday sales, not doing so leaves SEARS at a disadvantage to the others.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #4   May 11, 2009 2:17 pm
On topic is the email I just received from the local Ford dealership where my dear Wife purchased her 2008 Ford.  It refers the reader to its on-line specials with a click.  After the click, it welcomes the reader to its current newspaper ad with the specials appearing in the local papers.  Interesting connection of both media.

Carmine D. 

Venson

Reply #5   May 22, 2009 10:23 am
Hi,

Sears is doing 15-percent off on all floor care items today and tomorrow.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #6   May 22, 2009 12:47 pm
Venson:

If I'm not mistaken, SEARS offers an additional 5 percent off if you use their credit card for the purchases. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42