Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Bissell Digi-Pro 6900 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Bissell Digi-Pro 6900 . . .
Original Message   Apr 27, 2009 8:19 am
Hi,

Does anyone have current info on the Bissell Digi-Pro canister (Model 6900)? It's been around for a few years now and is still on the shelves so I must assume there's something to it. Reviews I've read are generally favorable save for issues regarding design and availability of bags and belts.

Venson
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Bissell Digi-Pro 6900 . . .
Reply #1   Apr 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Hi Venson:

I can't recall this BISSELL canister model ever being reviewed by Consumer Reports.  Wonder if you/others know if it was and when?  Is it a sourced vacuum for BISSELL?  Seems I heard or read that somewhere but not sure of the accuracy.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #2   Apr 28, 2009 8:04 pm
The specs for the BISSELL Digi-Pro which has been available since 2004:

Description

Motorized rotating brush lifts deep down dirt while gently grooming the carpet; fingertip control turns off for bare floors. Lets you adjust the power to clean draperies, upholstery, area rugs, bare floors, carpets, and more. Captures over 99.9% of dust mites, pollen, and ragweed. Wand quickly extends and hose rotates 360 , making it easy to clean hard-to-reach places. 360 swivel rotation caster and large, easy glide wheels make it easy to maneuver around furniture and from room to room.

Details

Main Features
Manufacturer Sku6900 
BrandBissell 
Product LineDigiPro 
Model6900 
Vacuum TypeCanister 
Performance Features
Capture TypeBagged 
Cleaning Width13 in 
Cord StorageRetractable 
Number Of Attachments
Accessories IncludedCrevice Tool, Dusting Brush 
Design Features
ColorRed 
Edge CleanerWith Edge Cleaner 
Rotating BrushesWith Rotating Brushes 
Carpet Height AdjustmentWith Carpet Height Adjustment 
HeadlightWith Headlight 
Power Features
Motor Power12 AMPS 
Self-PropelledSelf-Propelled 
Additional Features
Filtration TypeHepa 
Control TypeHandle 
Bare Floor Cleaning SettingWith Bare Floor Cleaning Setting 
Dimensions
Weight21.3 lbs 
dusty

Reply #3   Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am
Hi Venson,

We've carried the Samsung 8913 which is the same as the Digi-Pro for a couple of years now.  Nice machine, easy to use and reasonably quiet.  Only problems we see are broken hoses (they don't swivel at the handle end and tend to split) and snapped pn necks.  Neither has been a major issue considering the amount we've sold.  I will say the powerhead is poorly designed for use on very low carpet...it tends to suck down and cause strain on the belt.  If the carpet has any kind of depth then it works like a charm.

Dusty
Venson

Reply #4   Apr 29, 2009 4:08 pm
dusty wrote:
Hi Venson,<BR><BR>We've carried the Samsung 8913 which is the same as the Digi-Pro for a couple of years now.  Nice machine, easy to use and reasonably quiet.  Only problems we see are broken hoses (they don't swivel at the handle end and tend to split) and snapped pn necks.  Neither has been a major issue considering the amount we've sold.  I will say the powerhead is poorly designed for use on very low carpet...it tends to suck down and cause strain on the belt.  If the carpet has any kind of depth then it works like a charm.<BR><BR>Dusty

Thanks Dusty.

Venson
Venson

Reply #5   Apr 29, 2009 4:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:</p><p>I can't recall this BISSELL canister model ever being reviewed by Consumer Reports.  Wonder if you/others know if it was and when?  Is it a sourced vacuum for BISSELL?  Seems I heard or read that somewhere but not sure of the accuracy.</p><p>Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Thanks for the specs you posted. I "think" it was reviewed by CR maybe a year or two back and as I recall they didn't rave about it. Matter of fact, that was the thing that got me wondering if it could be all that bad and still showing up at the stores. However, per Dusty's input and keeping the budget-minded in mind, sounds like a keeper.

Venson
Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #6   Apr 29, 2009 9:45 pm
I've always thought it to be a rather attractive machine.  I like those stats... self-propelled, huh?  I've never seen a self-propelled canister... which part is self-propelled?  The power nozzle or the canister base?

snort
CarmineD

Reply #7   Apr 30, 2009 7:33 am
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
 which part is self-propelled?  The power nozzle or the canister base?

snort

Neither.  It's the cord retraction on the rewind that's self-propelled.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #8   Apr 30, 2009 7:37 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Thanks for the specs you posted. I "think" it was reviewed by CR maybe a year or two back and as I recall they didn't rave about it. Matter of fact, that was the thing that got me wondering if it could be all that bad and still showing up at the stores. However, per Dusty's input and keeping the budget-minded in mind, sounds like a keeper.

Venson

Thanks Venson.  I must have missed the CR review. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 30, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42