Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Tacony Moves All Canister Vacuum Production to the USA

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Tacony Moves All Canister Vacuum Production to the USA
Original Message   Apr 22, 2009 3:06 am
First surfacing at the VDTA, news that Tacony will move all production of vacuums including the canisters to the USA.  Hearing the same from RICCAR/SIMPLICITY dealers.  The canns that were made in Korea, then China, are headed to the St. James Missouri for building.  I suspect Tacony will expand to accomodate the new production.  Any news form others on this move by Tacony?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 23, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Venson

Re: Tacony Moves All Vacuum Production to the USA
Reply #1   Apr 22, 2009 10:15 am
Howdy Carmine,

Thanks for the heads-up. I did come across a press release issued August of last year on the Tacony site. Tacony acquired Mac Moldings assets and signed a long-term employment agreement with Mac's former owner.

This must have been part of the plan for U.S. production. Link to PDF follows.

http://www.tacony.com/news/

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #2   Apr 22, 2009 12:47 pm
Thanks Venson.  Looks like a plan.  Apparently Tacony, privately held, must have done well in 2008 in order to expand production operations and bring all vacuums in house.  Like to see that label on the RICCAR/SIMPLICITY vacuums [painted on the front of the uprights]:  Made in the USA.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #3   Apr 22, 2009 2:40 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Venson.  Looks like a plan.  Apparently Tacony, privately held, must have done well in 2008 in order to expand production operations and bring all vacuums in house.  Like to see that label on the RICCAR/SIMPLICITY vacuums [painted on the front of the uprights]:  Made in the USA.</p><p>Carmine D.

Hi again,

There was also a release stating that Tacony acquired a sewing machine concern as well. I hope this means at least a little ease to the job situation here. Will this affect pricing? The greater plan may be to take-out Miele. I noticed that the top-of-the-line Riccar

An article per Business Week Online asks if Riccar can beat out Miele -- http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/apr2006/id20060427_567693.htm

Riccar displays it boldly on its home page.

Venson
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #4   Apr 23, 2009 3:48 am
The title should read ".....will be moving canister vacuum production to the USA.  They have talked about moving the canister production to the U.S. for a few years now.  It takes a long time to move/change production.  Just ask anyone on the auto assembly line how long it takes to change over.  They are now giving it six months.

There has been new coverage from St. Louis Ch 4 news about Tacony Corp.  I saw it a week or two ago.  It was on Youtube.  It is now on both Riccar and Simplicity sites
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #5   Apr 23, 2009 3:55 am
Venson wrote:
  The greater plan may be to take-out Miele. I noticed that the top-of-the-line Riccar

An article per Business Week Online asks if Riccar can beat out Miele -- http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/apr2006/id20060427_567693.htm

Riccar displays it boldly on its home page.

Venson

Boy, this is really old.  I think I remember discussing it on the old forum.
CarmineD

Reply #6   Apr 23, 2009 6:44 am
Mike_W wrote:
The title should read ".....will be moving canister vacuum production to the USA. 

Agreed. Point well made/taken.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #7   Apr 23, 2009 6:46 am
Mike_W wrote:
Boy, this is really old.  I think I remember discussing it on the old forum.

Yes, and I posted it.  It was before Venson's tenure here.  In all honesty, I typically go back on the site here and reread the posts.  It's interesting to see how attitudeds and perspectives change in the posts over time. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Re: Tacony Moves All Canister Vacuum Production to the USA
Reply #8   Apr 23, 2009 5:24 pm
Here's the site for the YouTube Tacony video.  Enjoy!

http://www.simplicityvac.com/

Carmine D.

vacomatic

Re: Tacony Moves All Canister Vacuum Production to the USA
Reply #9   Jun 1, 2009 9:07 pm
Thanks for link CarmineD.
Good to see Tacony has figured out how to profitably make Vacuums here in the USA.
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42