Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sorry -- I'm Not in the Mood . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Sorry -- I'm Not in the Mood . . .
Original Message   Apr 3, 2009 12:51 pm
iRobot's Roomba, an already interesting invention, has had a new spin put on it -- or the likes of it -- by the University of Calgary. They've invented a robotic vacuum that interprets an owner's level of stress by way of transmissions from a headband the little cleaners owner will wear. The transmissions from the headband are electronic assessments of muscle tension. If the transmissions indicate that the robotic vac owner is stressed the robotic vacuum will go elsewhere to clean. If everything's okey-dokey, it hangs around.

I wonder if you have to apologize to it later for keeping it from its work. Link follows.

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-12051.html

Best,

Venson
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Sorry -- I'm Not in the Mood . . .
Reply #3   Apr 5, 2009 12:33 pm
Top of the morning Carmine and M00seUK,

Even newer stuff afoot -- there's a robotic vac out of Hong Kong and manufactured by Lilin International Group Ltd. that has a UV device and an ozonizer (?) included. Link follows.

http://lilin.en.alibaba.com/product/219871828-200571187/Robot_Vacuum_Cleaner_for_Carpet_Use_With_UV_lamp_Ozonizer_Carpet_Cleaner_Vacuum_Cleaner_.html

Best,

Venson
This message was modified Apr 5, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #4   Apr 5, 2009 2:12 pm
Hi Venson:

If i'm not mistaken, a poster here, and I may be guilty, said the iRobot and the UV light was a good match up.  Now its off to fix the washer!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #5   Apr 5, 2009 6:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

If I'm not mistaken, a poster here, and I may be guilty, said the iRobot and the UV light was a good match up.  Now its off to fix the washer!

Carmine D.

Hiya Carmine,

I made mention in another thread that to better ensure real benefit from UV devices by way of a measured and constant application speed that a robotic vac fitted with a UV light might be the ticket. Germ and critter killing ability may suffer during manual of a vacuum with the equipment for all sorts of reasons, especially the user's time constraints or possible impatience that lead to a uneven application of the UV light.

Nonetheless, Oreck's Halo ads agree -- without specifying time frames -- that "x" exposure time is needed for highest intended effectiveness.

Venson
HARDSELL

Reply #6   Apr 5, 2009 7:12 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya Carmine,

I made mention in another thread that to better ensure real benefit from UV devices by way of a measured and constant application speed that a robotic vac fitted with a UV light might be the ticket. Germ and critter killing ability may suffer during manual of a vacuum with the equipment for all sorts of reasons, especially the user's time constraints or possible impatience that lead to a uneven application of the UV light.

Nonetheless, Oreck's Halo ads agree -- without specifying time frames -- that "x" exposure time is needed for highest intended effectiveness.

Venson

Halo should be good with Oreck.  You have to vacuum Verrrryyyyyyy slowly with them.  Still will not deep clean.  Maybe they will kill the germs and leave them in the carpet.
Venson

Reply #7   Apr 5, 2009 7:32 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Halo should be good with Oreck.  You have to vacuum Verrrryyyyyyy slowly with them.  Still will not deep clean.  Maybe they will kill the germs and leave them in the carpet.

Howdy Hardsell,

I agree and think Oreck's business savvy will do far better at selling UV technology than the original maker. However, I'd give the world to finally hear the company say, "You must go slowly go over a square foot of floor for x-minutes to get the expected 90 percent result," just to give the consumer a better idea of what he or she is buying into.

As for dead germ and dust mite carcasses, I guess what counts most is that they can't reproduce thus reducing the damage they're capable of when they alive. But as for most germs and other little invisible critters, you never get all just some.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #8   Apr 6, 2009 7:50 am
Recall if you can that dyson started the whole germ/insect phobia with the blown up life size pixs of the tiny ceatures long before all the other vacuum makers.  Great marketing campaign save for the overkill with the pixs.  ORECK bested dyson at its own game.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #9   Apr 6, 2009 10:40 am
Venson wrote:
Howdy Hardsell,

I agree and think Oreck's business savvy will do far better at selling UV technology than the original maker. However, I'd give the world to finally hear the company say, "You must go slowly go over a square foot of floor for x-minutes to get the expected 90 percent result," just to give the consumer a better idea of what he or she is buying into.

As for dead germ and dust mite carcasses, I guess what counts most is that they can't reproduce thus reducing the damage they're capable of when they alive. But as for most germs and other little invisible critters, you never get all just some.

Venson

DUSTMITES ARE GOOD IN MEATLOAF,KINDA LIKE SALSA,MMM GOOD"""""

REGARDS

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #10   Apr 6, 2009 2:24 pm
mole wrote:
DUSTMITES ARE GOOD IN MEATLOAF,KINDA LIKE SALSA,MMM GOOD"""""

REGARDS

MOLE

Where do you think the expression "mighty good" comes from?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #11   Apr 6, 2009 6:01 pm
Well guys, that settles it! If I ever have a daughter I'm naming her Salmonella.

Venson
HARDSELL

Reply #12   Apr 6, 2009 7:58 pm
Venson wrote:
Well guys, that settles it! If I ever have a daughter I'm naming her Salmonella.

Venson

I thought it was Sam an Ella.  Some old couple who started a disease.
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42