Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 445 - 454 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #445   Mar 26, 2009 7:10 pm
catlady wrote:
They replaced it with the same model, the Salsa.  That's fun to say.

Pretty good. Suggested retail is $750.00

Enjoy . . .

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #446   Mar 26, 2009 7:18 pm
Immer Besser!
This message was modified Mar 26, 2009 by CarmineD
Trebor

Reply #447   Mar 26, 2009 9:04 pm
Catlady wrote, "It turns out that Miele replaced my vacuum because the back panel has changed on the new S7's and it would have required additional parts that they weren't sure they could get from Germany to fix the back panel.  In the end it was easier to replace the vacuum."

It sounds like Miele already had changed the design of the back panel prior to the official product launch. The logical move then would have been to exchange all the prototypes that were sold, pro-actively. This is done by companies that are not even German, and don't have clever slogans in a foreign language. 

I am so very, very glad things are ok between you and your vac shop, Melanie. You deserve the new S7, and I hope it does well for you for many, many years.

Trebor 

CarmineD

Reply #448   Mar 27, 2009 7:22 am
Trebor wrote:
Catlady wrote, "It turns out that Miele replaced my vacuum because the back panel has changed on the new S7's and it would have required additional parts that they weren't sure they could get from Germany to fix the back panel.  In the end it was easier to replace the vacuum."

It sounds like Miele already had changed the design of the back panel prior to the official product launch. The logical move then would have been to exchange all the prototypes that were sold, pro-actively. This is done by companies that are not even German, and don't have clever slogans in a foreign language. 

Trebor 

One of the many reasons 'test' [prototypes as they are called now in the new age of vacuum vernacular] models are not for sale to the general public.  Basta! 

Question:  What is the warranty on this new MIELE Salsa? 

Carmine D.

catlady

Reply #449   Mar 27, 2009 8:07 am
CarmineD wrote:
One of the many reasons 'test' [prototypes as they are called now in the new age of vacuum vernacular] models are not for sale to the general public.  Basta! 

Question:  What is the warranty on this new MIELE Salsa? 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I believe the warranty is 1 year parts and 7 years on the motor.

Melanie

CarmineD

Reply #450   Mar 27, 2009 8:24 am
catlady wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I believe the warranty is 1 year parts and 7 years on the motor.

Melanie

Hi:

If you intend to keep this new MIELE, you should verify your 'belief' with your local MIELE dealer.  You may have had this warranty on the original MIELE you bought from your local MIELE dealer in May 2008.  This new MIELE Salsa is a replacement from MIELE corporate which was made about 10 months into your warranty on the original MIELE S7 purchase.  It does not start the warranty clock all over again necessarily unless you confirm this with your local dealer for fact.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #451   Mar 27, 2009 8:31 am
Carmine,

You were in business some years ago. ( Not cracking on your age, my friend,just the facts) Miele did intentionally sell these uprights to the public. That is what made the hesitaion to do the exchange so puzzling.

YOU never sold test models, and as you correctly stated, it was your perogative to abstain from selling them. In this case, Miele ventured into totally new territory, uprights of their own design and manufacture. They opted to sell test models, or prototypes. And, the desired result was achieved. Needed changes were made as a direct result of the program. The only misstep was miscommunication from Miele to their dealers about exchanging them when after the official launch. It's over. Let's hope such a sequence of events does not have to unfold again. My faith in Immer Besser is at least tentatively restored. Let's see what happens as sales of S7's take off.

Trebor

CarmineD

Reply #452   Mar 27, 2009 8:42 am
Trebor wrote:
Carmine,

You were in business some years ago. ( Not cracking on your age, my friend,just the facts) ........

My faith in Immer Besser is at least tentatively restored. 

Trebor

I don't hold your young age against you....and my faith in MIELE and the local MIELE dealer never ever faulted.  Ironically, as I said several times, I never was a new MIELE sales dealer.  Almost 110 years of a family owned, financed, and operated business [4th generation] with vacuum production since 1927 speaks volumes.   IMMER BESSER.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #453   Mar 27, 2009 8:49 am
Trebor wrote:

YOU never sold test models, and as you correctly stated, it was your perogative to abstain from selling them. Trebor

NO.  Not my prerogative.  It's bad business to sell 'test' models.  Why?  They are for 'testing'.  Display. Demo. Advertise.  Not sale.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #454   Mar 27, 2009 12:34 pm
I may be under the wrong impression but I assume the user received a $100 discount from the future purchase price, to buy a 1st edition and then reporting on it. Rather than buying a test model.
Replies: 445 - 454 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42