Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 412 - 421 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #412   Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm
catlady wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I did spend about a year researching vacuums online and trying them out here and there at the Vac Shop and other places such as Sears.  Moslty I just drooled since I didn't have the money to buy then.  However, when I became serious about purchasing a new vaccum (after I received that stimulus check), I went to the Vac Shop several times from late April through May to test the vacuums using cat litter, dog/cat hair, and other things I normally vacuum up at home. 

So you are correct.  Sometimes my memory slips too, and I'm much younger. 

I bought the Miele still in the box.  They put it together for me at the store.  Maybe I should have purchased the one I demo'd.  I wonder if I would have had the same issues?  LOL

Hello:

Let's do a quick synopsis of the chronology of events with the facts and circumstance:  In May 2008, you purchased a NEW in the box 'test' S7 MIELE upright from your local dealer for $600.  Presumably these were never meant for sale to the general public.  But, you snagged one.  The official launch of this new MIELE S7 model was December 2008.  So you were the first to own.  Sometime in late 2008 you were upset [even angry] with the high cost of the MIELE bags and their lack of availabilty.  Questioning whether this was the right purchase for you.  Both  these feelings passed with the official MIELE launch.  An aside, Venson purchased the MIELE Tango in January 2009, after the offcial MIELE launch.

After all things seemingly were going along well with the new MIELE purchase.  But in early March 2009 the hose broke when your husband was using the vacuum during time when you could not vacuum.  You further noted this was really the 3 defect:  With the bag full indicator and handle release not allowing the vacuum to sit upright correctly.  The first, thanks to a MIELE insider here, is a simple fix by the dealer.  The latter was also fixed by the dealer.  However, your local MIELE dealer provided an amatuerish repair with the wrong hose [shorter] and damage to the vacuum housing where the hose connects.  After another 2 weeks, a new, correct MIELE hose arrived at your local dealer and your MIELE S7 is currently in the shop for repair and awaiting pickup.  But you are upset with the residual housing damage done during the repair.  Waffling by your local MIELE dealer prompted you to secure a new housing directly from MIELE with MIELE accepting the cost for the new part.  The houisng and hose repairs will be made by your local MIELE dealer at no charge with some negotiation by all the parties involved [you, MIELE, and your dealer] for a loaner vacuum during the housing repair.

Please fill in the gaps.  Thanks.

Carmine D.

catlady

It's finally over
Reply #413   Mar 24, 2009 1:45 pm
I received a message from my Vac Shop that they have a replacement vacuum waiting for me to pick up.  I'm not sure who/what/why they finally decided to replace it instead of continue to repair it.  Maybe they just wanted me to go away and this was the easist solution.    The person that left the message didn't sound very happy so I'm not sure what transpired.

I should feel relief but I don't.  The main reason is because I know that I no longer have the same relationship with the guys at my Vac Shop and I really have enjoyed dealing with them up until recently.  I hope everyone involved learns from this so another customer doesn't have to deal with the frustration of a situation like this. 

Hopefully this new machine can give me 8 - 10 years of quality vacuuming with routine maintenance.

Melanie

CarmineD

Reply #414   Mar 24, 2009 2:02 pm
MIELE's mantra:  Immer besser!  Forever better.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Re: It's finally over
Reply #415   Mar 24, 2009 2:32 pm
catlady wrote:
I received a message from my Vac Shop that they have a replacement vacuum waiting for me to pick up.  I'm not sure who/what/why they finally decided to replace it instead of continue to repair it.  Maybe they just wanted me to go away and this was the easist solution.    The person that left the message didn't sound very happy so I'm not sure what transpired.

I should feel relief but I don't.  The main reason is because I know that I no longer have the same relationship with the guys at my Vac Shop and I really have enjoyed dealing with them up until recently.  I hope everyone involved learns from this so another customer doesn't have to deal with the frustration of a situation like this. 

Hopefully this new machine can give me 8 - 10 years of quality vacuuming with routine maintenance.

Melanie

Most if not all retailers are happy and smiling as long as you are spending money.  Not so happy when you are not buying.

If they grudgingly pay for THEIR mistake you should care less if you never have to visit there again.

CarmineD

Reply #416   Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Most if not all retailers are happy and smiling as long as you are spending money.  Not so happy when you are not buying.

If they grudgingly pay for THEIR mistake you should care less if you never have to visit there again.

Fortunately, MIELE and the local MIELE dealer do not share the same business attitude as you. 

Immer besser!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #417   Mar 24, 2009 3:35 pm
catlady wrote:
I received a message from my Vac Shop that they have a replacement vacuum waiting for me to pick up.  I'm not sure who/what/why they finally decided to replace it instead of continue to repair it.  Maybe they just wanted me to go away and this was the easist solution.    The person that left the message didn't sound very happy so I'm not sure what transpired. </p><p>I should feel relief but I don't.  The main reason is because I know that I no longer have the same relationship with the guys at my Vac Shop and I really have enjoyed dealing with them up until recently.  I hope everyone involved learns from this so another customer doesn't have to deal with the frustration of a situation like this.  </p><p>Hopefully this new machine can give me 8 - 10 years of quality vacuuming with routine maintenance.</p><p>Melanie

Hi Melanie,

Be glad. It took a little time but you've a got a brand new vacuum coming to you. Just be sure to get a clear explanation as to the length of warranty and what is or is not covered. I'd think that parts for the test models are sparse and that its all around simpler and easier just to let you have a new, improved one. I'd also be sure to either go online to register the new cleaner or mail in the registration card supplied.

As for your relationship with the dealership, they'll get over it. You're in no way to blame. What is most important, is that hopefully they will learn to think a little harder next time round instead of jerry-rigging an expensive new machine. You'll be dealing with them anyway as you'll need to get bags and filters eventually.

What I do suggest is this -- Be gracious. When you arrive at the shop, give them your nicest, brightest smile and tell them you're delighted with the good news they sent. Also, politely thank them for having helped work things out. You may raise an eyebrow at this kind of approach but this is not an issue about winning. It is about being given a satisfactory solution to a problem. Enjoy the new machine.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #418   Mar 24, 2009 3:52 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Melanie,

Be glad. It took a little time but you've a got a brand new vacuum coming to you.....
Best,

Venson

I'd add:  Rejoice and be glad.  By my calculations, MIELE delivered a brand new vacuum for you to pick up in just 20 calendar days [including weekends].  For a new model that officially launched in the USA in early December 2008 and just a couple of months old by all formal standards of measure.  You used a 'test' model for almost 10 months at MIELE's expense [save a few days for repairs] and now have a brand new in trade for yours.  It doesn't get much better than this.   

Immer besser!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #419   Mar 24, 2009 4:39 pm
CarmineD wrote:
You used a 'test' model for almost 10 months at MIELE's expense [save a few days for repairs] and now have a brand new in trade for yours.  

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Actually, this "test" thing is new to me. I have only been aware of finally released vacuums being sold to the public in past. Is this a regular practice or only done on occasion? What manufacturers do this often?

Thanks,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #420   Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm
Hello Venson:

I can't speak about the specifics of MIELE because I was never a MIELE dealer.

But industry wide, at least for the 4o plus years of my professional vacuum store experience, 'test' models were a common occurence.  Just for one brand, HOOVER, because most are familiar with it and its models I can recall having the following in my store months before the launch:  HOOVER floor washer; HOOVER lark broom; HOOVER rug shampooer; HOOVER Dial and Power Dial; HOOVER Porta Power; HOOVER portable canister just to name a few from the 50's, 60's, and 70's.  These, much like the MIELE S7 were brand new floor care products.  Never before on the market.

Here's what happens.  You learn from your reps that a new model[s] is/are on the horizon.  You get a call from the rep that he/she along with the branch/regional managers plan to visit your store with the new model for a store demo.  It happens.  Sometimes I would invite other vacuum store owners/operate too.  We provide feedback to the muckety mucks.  In return, they leave the model[s] in my store to create interest and buzz among the customers.  You may have it for several weeks, months etc. before the official product [s] launch.  Customers who see and want to buy can place orders pending the the new model arrivals.  I never took deposits.  Always told my customers when they would arrive and come back if they were still interested.  In some cases, I even loaned the 'test' models to my best customers while their vacuums were being repaired and awaiting pick up.  Usually customers who I had an ongoing business relationship with and I sensed woul be a likely buyer for the product.

I never sold the 'test' models even if customers insisted.  And some did.  That's not their purpose.  Strictly to advertise, display, demo and 'test' the new product.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner, It's finally over!
Reply #421   Mar 24, 2009 6:35 pm
Melanie,

I am so very pleased for you. I am pretty sure of what happened. A few Miele dealers who are prepared to due business in this e-commerce world called and complained and probably insisted Sally and JIm and everyone in customer care at Miele log on and read the thread here. And the message sunk in. While I do not know with certainty, It would not surprise me in the slightest that your vac shop owner was gvien the choice of replacing you vacuum or losing his dealership. But the message got through, and you have a new vacuum. I'm sure everyone on their end has only one regret, and that is that they did not just swap out the vacuum at the first sign of trouble, but we take our victories where we can.

Trebor

Replies: 412 - 421 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42