Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 352 - 361 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #352   Mar 20, 2009 9:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Melanie:

Excellent.  Keep us posted.

BTW, Lindhaus is an Italian made brand and top shelf vacuum.  Usually sold by vacuum dealers in upscale areas with wealthy geographics.  Rarely advertised and demoed.  Even dealers that sell, usually keep them boxed.  Excellent filtration, probably better than even MIELE.  They are usally sold exclusively by word of mouth and specifically requested by buyers.

I suspect your local MIELE dealer doesn't carry the RICCAR line, and just the less expensive sister brand Simplicity, so as not to compete with the MIELE.  Just my opinion.

Carmine D.

http://www.govacuum.com/livaclareset.html

Read the above link and you will find that this vacuum is not capable of cleaning the deepest BS from buildings.  The BS has only gotten deeper there.

Trebor

Reply #353   Mar 20, 2009 9:19 am
Melanie and All,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this incident with Catlady's S7 is not trivial. What is on trial is nothing less than whether 'Immer Besser' is still true, or has become just another slogan. No matter how thorough quality control is, a mistake can slip through. I knew a guy who had a faulty Pioneer receiver. The three highest guys in the entire company flew to the states, personally delivered an entire new unit, along with a new LaserDisc player (state of the art at the time) plus every disc availalbe at the time and 500.00 worth of coupons good for Pioneer product. A gold embossed letter offered profuse apologies and THANKS for the opportunity to correct their mistake and for his continued patronage as a Pioneer customer!

How long did it take? Two trips to the dealer. The second only because they were waiting for a more sophisticated piece of testing equipment. They told the customer to expect delivery of a new replacement unit. He did not expect three Japanese executives bowing and scraping at his door. What was the neatest part to him? And I quote, "They showed they really cared about me as a customer. They felt obligated to earn my loyalty and my buisness. The letter and a replacement from the store would have been fine." HE HAS NEVER FORGOTTON THE INCIDENT, and obviuosly neither have I, and it did not even happen to me.

I believe Miele's days, at least in the vac market, as a premium brand are numbered. This kind of seemingly insignificant incident is exactly how it all begins. No one has the guts to just stand up and do what's right. Well meaning people caught in a chain of command are afraid to step out of line and over their designated authority. But it's easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission.

Melanie, I would call MIele myself, and ask them to read this thread. But it will mean more coming from you, the customer. Miele better wake up, their complacency will be the end of them. Trust me, it has already begun. You can see it by the simple fact that the immediate resolution has been in front of them all along, and NO ONE anywhere in the food chain has said, "It's our mistake, sorry, here's a new vac and a pack of bags. Thanks for letting us make this right, Thanks for your business. Don't be a stranger." The cost of the vacuum is not the point. The profit on this vacuum (even at full price) and a secdond one has already been spent in leaving this unresolved for this long. Melanie's time, energy, and money (plus the rep's the dealer's and  MIele's) are being wasted. Every day this goes unresolved strengthens my resolve to steer people away from Miele. That is the terrible and glorious beauty of the internet. People can share their pain, and others can feel it.

Trebor

HARDSELL

Reply #354   Mar 20, 2009 9:48 am
Trebor wrote:
Melanie and All,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this incident with Catlady's S7 is not trivial. What is on trial is nothing less than whether 'Immer Besser' is still true, or has become just another slogan. No matter how thorough quality control is, a mistake can slip through. I knew a guy who had a faulty Pioneer receiver. The three highest guys in the entire company flew to the states, personally delivered an entire new unit, along with a new LaserDisc player (state of the art at the time) plus every disc availalbe at the time and 500.00 worth of coupons good for Pioneer product. A gold embossed letter offered profuse apologies and THANKS for the opportunity to correct their mistake and for his continued patronage as a Pioneer customer!

How long did it take? Two trips to the dealer. The second only because they were waiting for a more sophisticated piece of testing equipment. They told the customer to expect delivery of a new replacement unit. He did not expect three Japanese executives bowing and scraping at his door. What was the neatest part to him? And I quote, "They showed they really cared about me as a customer. They felt obligated to earn my loyalty and my buisness. The letter and a replacement from the store would have been fine." HE HAS NEVER FORGOTTON THE INCIDENT, and obviuosly neither have I, and it did not even happen to me.

I believe Miele's days, at least in the vac market, as a premium brand are numbered. This kind of seemingly insignificant incident is exactly how it all begins. No one has the guts to just stand up and do what's right. Well meaning people caught in a chain of command are afraid to step out of line and over their designated authority. But it's easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission.

Melanie, I would call MIele myself, and ask them to read this thread. But it will mean more coming from you, the customer. Miele better wake up, their complacency will be the end of them. Trust me, it has already begun. You can see it by the simple fact that the immediate resolution has been in front of them all along, and NO ONE anywhere in the food chain has said, "It's our mistake, sorry, here's a new vac and a pack of bags. Thanks for letting us make this right, Thanks for your business. Don't be a stranger." The cost of the vacuum is not the point. The profit on this vacuum (even at full price) and a secdond one has already been spent in leaving this unresolved for this long. Melanie's time, energy, and money (plus the rep's the dealer's and  MIele's) are being wasted. Every day this goes unresolved strengthens my resolve to steer people away from Miele. That is the terrible and glorious beauty of the internet. People can share their pain, and others can feel it.

Trebor

Pioneer should have saved the air fare. Maybe they would not be getting out of the TV market. 
dusty

Reply #355   Mar 20, 2009 10:15 am
Trebor wrote:
You don't want a Radiance. It has far less tool suction and it has an open fan, subject to damage from objects sucked up. Did you try a LIndhaus 2 motor Diamante?

An open fan that is factory tested by feeding over 100 drywall screws thru it while running.  In all the years we've sold the Radiance we've yet to have to replace a fan (not to say it can't happen however) and we have many out for commercial use.  I wouldn't be to quick to discount this machine just because of it's motor configuration.  Another selling point would be the hose is easy to replace :-)

Dusty
dusty

Reply #356   Mar 20, 2009 10:33 am
CarmineD wrote:
I suspect your local MIELE dealer doesn't carry the RICCAR line, and just the less expensive sister brand Simplicity, so as not to compete with the MIELE.  Just my opinion.

Carmine D.

Catlady mentioned her vac shop carries the Simplicity line but didn't mention which model she tried.  From all I've read I wonder if the dealer was less about finding a suitable vacuum for the customer and more about getting rid of a tester vacuum before new stock arrived and would make it harder to sell.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #357   Mar 20, 2009 1:59 pm

dusty wrote:

Catlady mentioned her vac shop carries the Simplicity line but didn't mention which model she tried.  From all I've read I wonder if the dealer was less about finding a suitable vacuum for the customer and more about getting rid of a tester vacuum before new stock arrived and would make it harder to sell.

Dusty

Your comment about the hose replacement on the RICCAR Radiance made me laugh.  I don't know if you read this post of mine from yesterday .  It summarizes my thoughts and feelings about selling "test" models to customers.

"For all the reasons already discussed here and elswhere on threads dealing with new product launches, I never sold a "test" model [read demo and display] to a customer.  Never.  I always recommended that the customer wait until the model was formally released by the brand maker.  I also refused to take orders for customers with deposits.  Even if customers were insistent, as some can often be.  Instead, I would advise when the new product order was expected, and told them to call/return if they were still interested.  No doubt, I lost some sales over 40 plus years.  But business is business and I ran mine my own way."

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #358   Mar 20, 2009 2:42 pm
Hi Melanie,

Don't know if you're tuned in today but I made a most amazing discovery. I've been eyeballing the hose on my S7 for days now trying to get an understanding of how this happened. If your "prototype" matches mine in the hose department, there is a cuff at the end of the hose just where its flexible portion fits onto the swivel neck thatallows the hose connection to pivot up and down at its attachment point on the cleaner's body. It only requires that you grip the little swivel neck with one hand and apply a firm clockwise twist on the hose cuff to remove the hose. Matter of fact there are two small arrows on the hose cuff indicating how to line it up.

I have personally taken mine off and put it on my Tango again with NO problem. If you're cleaner is designed the same as mine there should have been no need for damage of any kind. Tell them this. If they have any doubt it PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Dusty or anyone with a with S7s in stock, please take a look for verification's sake -- if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Venson
Venson

Reply #359   Mar 20, 2009 3:06 pm
Venson wrote:
. . . Dusty or anyone with a with S7s in stock, please take a look for verification's sake -- if you don't mind.

Thanks

Venson

Hi guys, Confirmation accomplished. I checked in with Miele again and per a short conversation with good old Jim I learned that the prototype hose hooks up basically the same as mine does. HOWEVER -- Miele ships replacement hoses for the S7 complete meaning the swivel neck piece I mentioned came attached. The guys who did the work probably did not realize that all they had to do was take the new swivel connection off as described and attach only the replacement hose.

Best,

Venson
This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #360   Mar 20, 2009 4:14 pm
dusty wrote:

Dusty

dusty

Reply #361   Mar 20, 2009 5:17 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi guys, Confirmation accomplished. I checked in with Miele again and per a short conversation with good old Jim I learned that the prototype hose hooks up basically the same as mine does. HOWEVER -- Miele ships replacement hoses for the S7 complete meaning the swivel neck piece I mentioned came attached. The guys who did the work probably did not realize that all they had to do was take the new swivel connection off as described and attach only the replacement hose.

Best,

Venson

Kudos to your for noticing this...not so much to the Authorized Miele Repair center.  How disappointing.

Dusty
Replies: 352 - 361 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42