Original Message   Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Dyson Japan

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 150 - 159 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Reply #150   May 25, 2010 6:08 pm
Venson wrote:
Here in New York, regardless of wage offered, the problem is the gathered and still growing throng.  Last interview -- one adminidtrative position with 300 applicants vying for it.  Thus, I have to give Dyson a few points for enthusiasm and blind ambition. 

You know what they say, "When the going gets rough the tough go shopping."  Let's see if it's true.

Venson

Did someone say R-E-C-O-V-E-R-Y?  Let's recap.  The stock markets in European countries, including the UK FTSE, are down 20-30 percent this year.  Greece is the exception, it's down 45 percent.  But its got the population of Los Angeles and the GDP of Ohio.  Won't bring down the global economy.  May cause the other Euro-countries to bail out of the euro and go back to their own currencies.  Didn't we discuss this back in 2000?  BTW, the US DOW is down 1000 points so far in the month of May and the month is not over yet.

On a good note, the CEO of Quiznos is opening 600 new restaurants and employng 7500 more people.  Already has 4000 restaurants in the US.  But, of course, soup and a sandwich for $5 with kids eating free are economic staples.  $700 vacuums?  Well...suffice to say they are not staples.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #151   May 25, 2010 7:47 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Did someone say R-E-C-O-V-E-R-Y?  Let's recap.  The stock markets in European countries, including the UK FTSE, are down 20-30 percent this year.  Greece is the exception, it's down 45 percent.  But its got the population of Los Angeles and the GDP of Ohio.  Won't bring down the global economy.  May cause the other Euro-countries to bail out of the euro and go back to their own currencies.  Didn't we discuss this back in 2000?  BTW, the US DOW is down 1000 points so far in the month of May and the month is not over yet.

On a good note, the CEO of Quiznos is opening 600 new restaurants and employng 7500 more people.  Already has 4000 restaurants in the US.  But, of course, soup and a sandwich for $5 with kids eating free are economic staples.  $700 vacuums?  Well...suffice to say they are not staples.

Carmine D.

HI Carmine

If i may...what is it this vacuum has over a panasonic/kenmore  mcg381 or the fuller fbc1,,,,,both at $119 .....a $581 diff?....i will say i do like the full sz can from dyson....but nothing about it is worth the price.....what am i missing and please give me the specs on this $700 wonder.

turtle

CarmineD

Reply #152   May 25, 2010 8:02 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI Carmine

If i may...what is it this vacuum has over a panasonic/kenmore  mcg381 or the fuller fbc1,,,,,both at $119 .....a $581 diff?....i will say i do like the full sz can from dyson....but nothing about it is worth the price.....what am i missing and please give me the specs on this $700 wonder.

turtle

The marketing mantra is "less is more."  In this particular case, it's:  A lot less is a lot more.  I'd buy the $120 pano/SEARS cann and/or FB1 and use the rest for eating out for the year at Quiznos.  For $10 plus kids eating free, a family [husband and wife and the kiddies] can dine on soup and sandwiches 58 times.  That's one day a week for a year with a few special occasions thrown in for good measure. 

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #153   May 25, 2010 9:58 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The marketing mantra is "less is more."  In this particular case, it's:  A lot less is a lot more.  I'd buy the $120 pano/SEARS cann and/or FB1 and use the rest for eating out for the year at Quiznos.  For $10 plus kids eating free, a family [husband and wife and the kiddies] can dine on soup and sandwiches 58 times.  That's one day a week for a year with a few special occasions thrown in for good measure. 

Carmine D.

I couldnt agree more.....nothing about it says more.....period. $700 worth of what is where...no kiss on this one....wonder how many are gonna line up to get the shaft on this one.

Where does this unit kill the pansc/fb1..is it the massive airflow/suction of the 26? a cannister for a small living space ...indeed.....looking forward to seeing it go head to head with the rest.

turtle 

Venson

Reply #154   May 26, 2010 3:39 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

This is so much the reason why decent performing but less expensive vacuums are needed.  Indeed, let's not think narrow -mindedly.  There should be expensive, gold plated cleaning macvhines for those that have the wherewithal to drop nice amounts of cash without feeling much pain.  But those finding themselves with less and less fun money, despite goverrnment give-aways and so-called incentives, will find no relief by way of our local utility supplier, the landlord, the supermarket or at the gas pump.

Less expensive vacuums  like the Navigaator and such, that offer at least a few years warranty time are going to start looking really good again.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #155   May 26, 2010 7:56 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
I couldnt agree more.....nothing about it says more.....period. $700 worth of what is where...no kiss on this one....wonder how many are gonna line up to get the shaft on this one.

Where does this unit kill the pansc/fb1..is it the massive airflow/suction of the 26? a cannister for a small living space ...indeed.....looking forward to seeing it go head to head with the rest.

turtle 

The FB1 is a nice buy with nice features for $109.  Fuller Brush FBCC-1 Bagged Canister Vacuum

• 10 amp Motor
  • Attachments Included:
  • Crevice tool, Dust Brush, Upholstery Nozzle & Carpet Floor Nozzle
  • Chrome Steel Telescopic Extension wand
  • 6' Electric hose with Switch in handle
  • Automatic Cord Rewind
  •  1 Year Warranty

This message was modified May 26, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #156   May 26, 2010 8:05 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

This is so much the reason why decent performing but less expensive vacuums are needed.  Indeed, let's not think narrow -mindedly.  There should be expensive, gold plated cleaning macvhines for those that have the wherewithal to drop nice amounts of cash without feeling much pain.  But those finding themselves with less and less fun money, despite goverrnment give-aways and so-called incentives, will find no relief by way of our local utility supplier, the landlord, the supermarket or at the gas pump.

Less expensive vacuums  like the Navigaator and such, that offer at least a few years warranty time are going to start looking really good again.

Venson

Hi Venson:

If it were gold plated at $700, I would be tempted to buy.  Gold is $1200 plus an ounce now.  It would be worth that price as an investment in precious metals not precious vacuums.

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #157   Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am
Thanks Carmine for the 26 news. Any word on the weight of this thing?
CarmineD

Reply #158   Oct 25, 2010 12:57 pm
Acerone wrote:
Thanks Carmine for the 26 news. Any word on the weight of this thing?

Hi Acerone: 

According to the dyson web site it weighs in at a lean mean 12 pounds with 160 air watts.......BUT I supect this is without the hose, wand and power tool attached on board.  These accessories will easily add a few more pounds for hauling around.  Still at this weight even with the accoutrements DC26 qualifies as a compact and/or mini-canister. 

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #159   Oct 25, 2010 4:05 pm
I saw it! I saw it! LOL in person today at Bestbuy. That's one small vacuum. The only issue I have is the size of the head. It's have the size if the 23 turbin head. I hope it comes with an optional head for normal vacuuming. I don't have 2 hrs of my time vacuuming my house with the mini head.
Replies: 150 - 159 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42