Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The radical - Dyson, DDM DC22 to launch at VDTA. Pre-filter maintence schedule date - yr. 2016.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The radical - Dyson, DDM DC22 to launch at VDTA. Pre-filter maintence schedule date - yr. 2016.
Original Message   Mar 7, 2009 4:21 pm
~ The DDM DC22 (TurboHead & MotorHead) arrives in the U.S. ~

James Dyson and his team invent another revolutionary vacuum and invent another Dyson only market segment.

• Pre-motor filter to be washed once every seven years.
  • The on/off button lights red when it's time to clean pre-motor filter.
  • The pre-motor filter is large and fits AROUND the motor.

• The DDM is extremely powerful.
  • The DDM can/will outlast its user.
  • The DDM automatically shuts off when airflow is interrupted for more than 10 seconds.
  • The Hepa filter AFTER the motor will never turn black with carbon dust and never needs attention.
  • Controls are in the hose handle.
  • A DC05 MotorHead-like power nozzle.  Telescopic wand.
  • A very cool bare floor nozzle, and very cool full sized attachments (which store on the hose).
Update...
  • Exclusive:  Patented Dyson Digital Motor, very powerful!, unique and strong sounding.  Should/could last a lifetime (your lifetime).
  • Exclusive:  Little or possibly no pre-filter maintenance if bin is emptied as recommended.
  • Exclusive:  Patented Telescopic Wand:  Lightweight, plastic, very strong.
  • Exclusive:  Filtration - Core + Root Technology, w/ 21 high efficiency cyclones.
  • Motor burn out:  If airflow is cut off, if pre-filter clogs (prematurely or after many, many years of use) - motor shuts down and a signal light illuminates.
  • Size:  Small, DC05 - like.  Compacts down via the patented TW.
  • Controls:  In handle, power on/off, hi/lo speeds, brush on/off.
  • Retail:  $799.  Sold exclusively through independent Dyson dealers where the vacuum can be properly demonstrated and it’s benefits explained.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 165 - 174 of 184Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The radical - Dyson, DDM DC22 to launch at VDTA. Pre-filter maintence schedule date - yr. 2016.
Reply #165   Apr 13, 2009 7:58 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,

What’s your motivation?  To bad mouth the DDM DC22 Motorhead only or prove it’s inventions are not improvements?  Can you prove out, not just throw out red-herrings?

Patent offices do not give patent protection for in the public domain u-joints (your descriptor of the DC22 Motorhead’s power nozzle).  Dyson thought of an entirely new way to use a u-joint... to rest it on top of rolling pivots (3 wheels).  His nozzle out-steers anything on the planet and it looks like Dyson already “owns” the pn steerable segment too via his patent protections.

DIB

Who and what determines if patentable inventions are improvements?  Company employees?  Patent lawyers?  Who exactly and how?  Explain it to me.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Re: The radical - Dyson, DDM DC22 to launch at VDTA. Pre-filter maintence schedule date - yr. 2016.
Reply #166   Apr 13, 2009 8:03 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hey Venson,

Tangent?  I thought we were having a friendly debate... where I post of revolutionary [Dyson] inventions and market advancements and you and the non-friendly to Dyson independents shoot Dyson’s forward progress down. 

DIB

Again, help me here.  What makes dyson patent inventions "revolutionary market advancements?"  Who makes the determination and based on what criteria?  Explain it to me.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #167   Apr 13, 2009 8:17 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
It appears that the DC21 is going away soon; many online retailers are labeling it as discontinued. I wonder if this may change the pricing of the DC22 and DC23, and if the DC23 will finally hit the mass retailers (it's now listed on BestBuy.com).

The DDM DC22 is the best kept vacuum secret on the US vacuum market so far.  After the dyson intor at the VDTA, the DDM DC22 should have been launched.  Not yet?  Dyson is having a problem here getting the launch off.  It's stalled in the gate.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #168   Apr 13, 2009 8:54 am
CarmineD wrote:
The DDM DC22 is the best kept vacuum secret on the US vacuum market so far.  After the dyson intor at the VDTA, the DDM DC22 should have been launched.  Not yet?  Dyson is having a problem here getting the launch off.  It's stalled in the gate.

Carmine D.

I would imagine that the indy only dc22  is being watched CLOSELY by the bean counters at the box accounts, Lets face it its really a premium priced piece competing with MIELE, RICCAR, bosch,and even some D.T.D. machines.

There is no guarantee that it will take off,even at the dyson faithful indy stores. It will be marketed by the box stores at wholesale and the indys get screwed again.

NOTHING NEW GOING ON HERE,MY  FRIENDS.

REGARDS

MOLE

Venson

Reply #169   Apr 14, 2009 4:27 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Are you unhappy with the steering on the S7?  It has a lot of steering slop...  is this slop a drawback for you?<BR><BR>DIB
Hi DIB,

I'm as happy as can be with my Tango -- looks mighty pretty and works darn good.

As for steering, that's the least of my concerns. It's cleaning ability that is my main concern. The "steering" is nice in that I find it useful in tight spaces. If I need to turn 90-degrees or whatever this way or that all that's required is a twist of the wrist.

I clean as I go. If I'm doing an area of floor and want to tend to nearby shelves or window sills, etc., the hose whips right out and tools are in easy reach. Task done, I put the hose in place again and the snap the attachment back onto the body of the cleaner. The S7's swivel has enhanced my manner of cleaning in that where I'd usually swing an entire upright around for a change of direction or to move in closer to walls or heavy objects there is now less effort.

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #170   Apr 14, 2009 6:09 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Are you unhappy with the steering on the S7?  It has a lot of steering slop...  is this slop a drawback for you?<BR><BR>DIB
Venson wrote:
Hi DIB,

I'm as happy as can be with my Tango -- looks mighty pretty and works darn good.

As for steering, that's the least of my concerns. It's cleaning ability that is my main concern. The "steering" is nice in that I find it useful in tight spaces. If I need to turn 90-degrees or whatever this way or that all that's required is a twist of the wrist.

I clean as I go. If I'm doing an area of floor and want to tend to nearby shelves or window sills, etc., the hose whips right out and tools are in easy reach. Task done, I put the hose in place again and the snap the attachment back onto the body of the cleaner. The S7's swivel has enhanced my manner of cleaning in that where I'd usually swing an entire upright around for a change of direction or to move in closer to walls or heavy objects there is now less effort.

Venson

Hello Venson,

Glad to hear steering has benefits for you too.  Changing directions is a bonus over the 1884 sweeper (vacuuming) way.  FYI, your vacuum sacrifices pick-up for steering and is more Dyson-like than you realize or care to admit.

DIB

Venson

Reply #171   Apr 14, 2009 6:33 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hello Venson,<BR><BR>Glad to hear steering has benefits for you too.  Changing directions is a bonus over the 1884 sweeper (vacuuming) way.  FYI, your vacuum sacrifices pick-up for steering and is more Dyson-like than you realize or care to admit.<BR><BR>DIB

How does it sacrifice pick-up?

Venson
Trilobite

Reply #172   Apr 17, 2009 12:59 pm
Venson wrote:
How does it sacrifice pick-up?

Venson

Ignore his ridiculous remarks.

The UK consumer magazine, "Which?", gave the Miele S7 a glowing report. Excellent pick-up performance over various floor types, and quieter than the Dysons too.

Venson

Reply #173   Apr 17, 2009 1:07 pm
Trilobite wrote:
Ignore his ridiculous remarks.</p><p>The UK consumer magazine, &quot;Which?&quot;, gave the Miele S7 a glowing report. Excellent pick-up performance over various floor types, and quieter than the Dysons too.

Hiya Trilobite,

How are you? I know, I know. I only asked because I've been in need of cause for a little humor lately.

Best,

Venson
Trilobite

Reply #174   Apr 17, 2009 1:26 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya Trilobite,

How are you? I know, I know. I only asked because I've been in need of cause for a little humor lately.

Best,

Venson

Not bad at all, thank you. How are you, yourself?

How do you find the Miele? Is it easy to manoeuvre? Does it follow a straight line as you push it forward? Does it raise the carpet pile properly, like the old Hoovers did?

Although I don't possess an S7, the thing that appeals to me most is the variable suction control. I don't understand why  the likes of Hoover UK and Electrolux make powerful uprights
that can't have their power turned down for delicate materials. There aren't even any suction / air-bleed regulators. The only other upright that I've recently seen was a
Morphy Richards, but they don't get a good report.

I've been watching the forum for a little while. Some of the humour here is dry to say the least; almost bordering upon the acidic.

Replies: 165 - 174 of 184Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42