Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > which Mieles are made in China?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

which Mieles are made in China?
Original Message   Feb 26, 2009 12:18 pm
I was surprised to learn that my Miele canister is made in China.  I have the Miele Plus.  I was looking at the sticker on the machine after awesome cleaning session with Mr. Miele and noticed in very small letters that it is made in China.... but some of the components come from Germany and others come from China.  Are any Mieles made in Germany, or is that just where the company is headquartered?  I don't love the vacuum any less, just thought that was interesting.  Maybe things made in Germany aren't that great anyway... .My Rowenta Surflline iron has been a disappointment for quite some time!
Replies: 2 - 11 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: which Mieles are made in China?
Reply #2   Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm
Hi VF,

How's it going. I've checked both my Capricorn and the new upright. Both say made in Germany.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #3   Feb 27, 2009 6:53 am
Venson, if I recall correctly, purchased both MIELE-s from his local vacuum store and paid dearly.  V-F, bought his from a flea market for $15, and may/may not know the original source/seller of the MIELE product.

I suspect if Venson [others too] go their MIELE vacuum store and pay top US dollar for a German made vacuum product and find out later [unbeknownst to them] that it was not made in Germany, they would be pretty upset.  The degree to which is dependent on where it was made.  China would be a country that would invoke high angst, IMHO.

Now, conversely, assuming that the MIELE buyer purchsed from a local big box retail store at a really unbelieveably great price [certainly much less than their local MIELE vacuum store] and learned it was made in a country other than Germany, then the feeling shouldn't/wouldn't be the same.

Carmine D.

RAD1

Reply #4   Feb 27, 2009 11:21 am
All current Miele's are made in Germany except for the 514 Mango Red (Assembled in China from German and China parts) which is clearly marked on the exterior box label...
CarmineD

Reply #5   Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm
If I were a die-hard MIELE dealer, the Chinese MIELE 514 Red Mango [and obviously other models like Vacuumfreeeke''s MIELE made in China too] that would be one MIELE model too many coming from China.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #6   Mar 10, 2009 4:22 pm
The Mango
The Plus
The Naturell
The Stick Vacs
are all made in China

The S4
The S5
The S7
are made in Germany

The Powerhouses are made in the USA with some Mexican Parts (I think)
and some of the older ones are made in Spain
CarmineD

Reply #7   Mar 11, 2009 7:30 am
Thanks Lucky1.  Can we say "immer besser" in Chinese?

Carmine D.

Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #8   Mar 11, 2009 11:37 am
Thanks, Lucky1 for answering the question I asked!  It's good to know!  Like I said, I still like my Miele... was just shocked to learn it's made in China instead of Germany.
Venson

Reply #9   Mar 11, 2009 12:07 pm
Most interesting is that whether Miele is made in Germany or China -- I've never heard one with an accent.

Venson
Vernon

Reply #10   Mar 11, 2009 1:42 pm
Venson wrote:
Most interesting is that whether Miele is made in Germany or China -- I've never heard one with an accent.

Venson

Mole, where are you when we need a "nasty" comment???  Yaah, Yaah,
mole

Reply #11   Mar 11, 2009 3:10 pm
Vernon wrote:
Mole, where are you when we need a "nasty" comment???  Yaah, Yaah,

Achtung""""""""""""""""", this is really no earth shattering news, the chinese my ellies are as good as the rest of the stuff from the orient express.

Hows things going in elpaso at the other electrolux, you know the one from sweden,IM so confused.

Got a front bearing and fan for a legend2, you know the kirby that no one could push>>>>>>>>>

regards

MOLE

Replies: 2 - 11 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42