Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Living and learning . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Living and learning . . .
Original Message   Feb 26, 2009 10:04 am
Even the best of appliances have a lomg way to go before they're people proof.  See the link --

http://www.hartselleenquirer.com/articles/2009/02/26/lifestyles/life1.txt

Best,

Venson
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Re: Living and learning . . .
Reply #1   Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am
Sounds so familiar...

'Dysons are crap, they just don't work. I had mine for a week, and it stopped sucking!'

'That's because in that time you managed to vacuum up a herd of miniature plastic farm animals, a small Lego fortress, and half of Sindy's winter wardrobe. I've managed to salvage the farm animals, but the experience has left them somewhat maimed. Oh, and your husband accidently dropped it down the stairs, but didn't tell you. You can use this broom until I think you're ready to be trusted with something more advanced.'

(I sometimes long to say...)

This message was modified Feb 26, 2009 by Model2

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
CarmineD

Reply #2   Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm
My dear grand daughter [number one, 5 years old next month]  called me one night during the week frantically saying the "triangular" vacuum [her name for the Dirt Devil Kruz] wasn't working.  Come over now papa and fix it!  "It just goes over stuff and doesn't work." 

I explained that I would the next day and I did.  The Kruz and the DD hand vacuums are her 2 favorites and she uses both frequently [something her mother and Yaya never do].  Not an easy task for a 4 year old to handle an almost 10 pound stick like the Kruz.  A testament to its ease of use even for a petite 4 year old.  The Kruz will be a year old in April and used w/o ever having the filter cleaned during that time.  That was the likely place to go first, once my grand daughter showed me the problem with the Kruz.  Thanks to a very astute grand daughter with the vacuum gene and a keen eye for deatil, she quickly noticed the clogged nozzle neck that empties into the dirt cup.  Culprit: Popcorn and lab dog hair pack which couldn't quite make it into the dirt bin with the clogged filter.  Grand daughter helped and we quickly got the Kruz back to work.  She was happy that she could now go back to vacuuming. 

Told my dear Wife [Yaya] and daughter that I sold the vacuum business 20 years too soon.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #3   Feb 26, 2009 1:09 pm
PS:  The Dirt Devil Kruz comes with a 2 year warranty.  With my grand duaghter's new found need for vacuum care, it will make it easily.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #4   Feb 26, 2009 1:20 pm
At least seven women in my family (not my mother or sister, thank God!) have never grasped the subtle differences between their vacuum cleaners and a backhoe. Despite my seemingly endless attempts to explain, they remain clueless. The most sucessful tactic? Insist they purchase and 'pre' vacuum with a Shark VCX 3000. It picks up the soggy cereal, the legos, barbie shoes, the hairpins, most of their long hair, pet fur, just about everything that will kill a vacuum. The result? They are all incompetition to see who can make their vacuum last the longest while having cleaner carpets. Why? All seven husbands have agreed to purchase the vacuum of his wife's choice if they can keep the house clean with their exisitng vacuum without any reapir bills for three years. It's a win-win no matter the outcome.
CarmineD

Reply #5   May 8, 2009 12:27 pm
I recently saw an interesting demo for a vacuum cleaner.  Where?  EWTN TV network also known as the Catholic Channel.  Brother Leo, a Franciscan friar, was teaching a class of youngsters about commiting sins and receiving forgiveness.  How does the vacuum come into play?  The vacuum was not visible save a hose wand and upholstery tool, looking much like the Shop Vac variety.  pre staged clusters of dirt mounds were strategically placed on a huge counter top.  The dirt spots represented the sins we commit in our daily life.  Vacuum suction represented God's cleansing for sin and His forgiveness.  Neat teacher tool!  Brother Leo did an excellent job with the youngins by drawing a comparison between all the dirt mounds as our sins.  Suction and clean air pick up elimiantes the sins and makes our hearts souls and minds clean again.  Through God's forgiveness.  I must say that in all by years I've never seen such a unique usage of a vacuum to explain sin/forgiveness to youngsters.  Never too young/old to learn.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42