Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Little vacuum cleaner men in big YouTube chairs...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Little vacuum cleaner men in big YouTube chairs...
Original Message   Feb 15, 2009 4:22 pm
How long until someone exposes the rubbish and lies of [vacuum cleaner] *clubbers and *dealers who use YouTube as their platform? 

DIB

*Not all, just many (are dirty).
This message was modified Feb 15, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 58 - 67 of 67Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Little vacuum cleaner men in big YouTube chairs...
Reply #58   Mar 7, 2009 7:05 pm
Since, Mr. Hoover was a man of God he would indeed cringe seeing his good works squandered and then sold to a den of thieves.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #59   Mar 7, 2009 7:14 pm
I disagree.  The HOOVER company as you and others like to remember it is dead. 

I'm sure some believed that when J. Murray Spangler died, HOOVER was over.  When HOOVER went from metal to plastic vacuums, HOOVER was over.  When BOSS HOOVER died, HOOVER was over.  When HOOVER went from d-t-d sales and small independent vacuum dealers to big box retailers, HOOVER was over.  When HOOVER stopped making beater bars, HOOVER was over.  When Maytag bought HOOVER, HOOVER was over.  When Whirlpool bought HOOVER, HOOVER was over.  When TTI Floorcare bought HOOVER and closed the HOOVER stores and the NC, Ohio plant, HOOVER was over.  None of them were correct.  These events individually and in total did not make HOOVER over [despite the letters on the smoke stack].  With them over, eras in HOOVER were over.  Traditions were over.  Not HOOVER.  Like Trebor said, in the final analysis, what matters is who's left standing.  BOSS HOOVER can take comfort in Heaven knowing that HOOVER is still standing.  Changed?  Yes.  Different?  Yes.  But alive and doing well and still going strong after 100 years.

Carmine D. 

Trebor

Reply #60   Mar 7, 2009 10:48 pm
The message the companies never understand is that the bottom line is never really the bottom line. Customer service becomes lip service once the stockholders gain control and start demanding more profit each quarter. Amazon was written off by Wall Street, but they kept investing in themselves to position themselves as the #1 global e-tailer, which they have become. Their motto could be 'forever better', but it's taken. The people at Amazon still constantly strive to improve the customer's experience. Once the easier road is taken, it turns quickly into a steep, treacherous slope, where all thoughts of the direction one is headed are lost in trying to remain upright (no pun intended) while avoiding collisiions with obstacles and looking for a soft place to land.

I think if the Hoover company had made choices true to Boss Hoover's legacy, instead of expediency, the new Hoover factory would be underconstruction right now. I think Hoover would have stayed in the housewares business, and perhaps expanded into lawncare tools, power tools, and sewing machines. I do not believe the all metal beater bar would have been totally abandoned, perhaps remaining as an option. Hoover vacuums would still be found in better stores, where the salesman would talk to the customer about her home and preferences and budget, and taken the right mix of product to show her for total home care, with the Norca name supplying the big box retailers with stripped down bare bones vacs to compete with Eureka and BisselI, and a generous 'trade-UP' allowance on a real Hoover. You can be sure Hoover would have a vacuum approved by CRI and carpet manufacturers for use on frieze. I think Boss Hoover would have grabbed up Dyson's invention of cyclonic technology, and made him wealthy beyond his wildest dreams. Oh, I think he would have produced bagless vacuums, but they would have been attractive, durable and convenient, and properly launched on Hoover's terms in the marketplace. The sale to Maytag never would have happened, and Hoover would be a flourishing multi-national manufacturing corporation, green before it became a buzzword, a model of egalitarian and humanitarian employment and decorum in the marketplace.

Trebor

CarmineD

Reply #61   Mar 8, 2009 7:46 am
Ah, Trebor, ever the vacuum idealist.  It is what it is.  Factor into the mix of things fickled vacuum consumers.  Making what they want to buy where they want to buy and when.  It changes the playing field and rules that BOSS HOOVER used to thrive in.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #62   Mar 8, 2009 8:03 am
PS:  I mentioned I attended the opening of the newest N. Las Vegas TARGET store.  What brand had more new vacuums even w/o counting sticks, hand helds, floor washers, and rug extractors, on display than any other?  Hint:  4 of the new Platinum series vacuums were included too.  5 if you count the New Lightweight and Compact as 2.

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #63   Mar 8, 2009 9:23 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I disagree.  The HOOVER company as you and others like to remember it is dead. 

I'm sure some believed that when J. Murray Spangler died, HOOVER was over.  When HOOVER went from metal to plastic vacuums, HOOVER was over.  When BOSS HOOVER died, HOOVER was over.  When HOOVER went from d-t-d sales and small independent vacuum dealers to big box retailers, HOOVER was over.  When HOOVER stopped making beater bars, HOOVER was over.  When Maytag bought HOOVER, HOOVER was over.  When Whirlpool bought HOOVER, HOOVER was over.  When TTI Floorcare bought HOOVER and closed the HOOVER stores and the NC, Ohio plant, HOOVER was over.  None of them were correct.  These events individually and in total did not make HOOVER over [despite the letters on the smoke stack].  With them over, eras in HOOVER were over.  Traditions were over.  Not HOOVER.  Like Trebor said, in the final analysis, what matters is who's left standing.  BOSS HOOVER can take comfort in Heaven knowing that HOOVER is still standing.  Changed?  Yes.  Different?  Yes.  But alive and doing well and still going strong after 100 years.

Carmine D. 

Boss Hoover is comforted for sure, but not because of TTI's [suits] devious ways.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #64   Mar 9, 2009 7:37 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Boss Hoover is comforted for sure, but not because of TTI's [suits] devious ways.

DIB

I can't say with the same certainty as you what comforts him.  I haven't talked to BOSS HOOVER in years or the TTI suits.   When I do talk to THE BOSS, I'll be sure to ask. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #65   Mar 10, 2009 2:50 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I can't say with the same certainty as you what comforts him.  I haven't talked to BOSS HOOVER in years or the TTI suits.   When I do talk to THE BOSS, I'll be sure to ask. 

Carmine D.

Why wait?  Why don't you read The Book (with understanding).       DIB

CarmineD

Reply #66   Mar 10, 2009 3:13 pm
Not only do I, but I practice the Book too.  Hence, I can say when I see BOSS I'll ask him. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #67   Mar 10, 2009 3:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I'm not so sure.  Maybe for sentimental reasons.  Buy for practical reasons?  BOSS HOOVER was a practical business man.  The plant was over 100 years old.  What would it have taken to bring it up to current standards?  Alot.  Too much.  Raze and start over.  It was a good run.  Time to begin anew.

Carmine D.

Model2 wrote:
I can't see 'Boss' Hoover looking kindly on the termination of so many, many loyal workers' jobs. As someone who took such good care of his local community - as preacher, as mayor, as generous (and frequently anonymous) benefactor - I'm sure he would be just as disgusted with what happened as many of the rest of the rest of us were. When he passed away, two services had to be held to accomodate the sheer number of mourners who had travelled to pay their respects. He wasn't your average cold, ruthless 'captain of industry'. He was a real humanitarian, and I don't think he could fail to overlook the human impact caused by the closure of his beloved, century-old factory.

Not for nothing have the North Canton locals branded TTI 'Totally Tradition Ignorant'.

Model2,
I wanted to say thanks for sharing of "Boss" Hoover.  I know little of the man, I love hearing of men who do well in life and then "give back".  If inclined please share more of the this man (why was he called Boss), etc, perhaps a of him  too.

DIB
This message was modified Mar 10, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 58 - 67 of 67Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42