Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > bagless kirby conversion

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

bagless kirby conversion
Original Message   Jan 16, 2009 1:51 pm
I'm not very impressed with the design, but there's a guy who offers a way to convert Kirbys from bag to dirt canister.  Unfortunately, it doesn't offer dual cyclone or better technology.  It looks like you clean the pleated filter after every use.  I think I'd rather pay for bags than this gimmick.

http://www.kirbybagsneveragain.com/

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 126 - 135 of 135Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: bagless kirby conversion
Reply #126   Jan 31, 2010 5:01 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Defense is different from stupidity.  I have defended Dyson for years.  Not because of James Dyson or from thinking that Dyson is the best vacuum of all times.  I found the DC07 to be a vacuum that met my requirements to clean my home.  In my experience each succeeding model has been inferior to the original DC07.  Apparently Dyson thought the same as he has followed Hoover in introducing new model #'s very frequently that are no better than the previous.  This only works for a while and finally the consumer realizes that new model does not always lead to improved performance.  Look back at Hoover in this scenario.  Therefore I refer to Dyson as following Hoover.

JD with his ego is unwilling to admit that all his ideas are not always the best.  I respect what he has done for the vacuum industry.  Thanks to Dyson many vacuum manufacturers have gotten off their duffs and improved what they had.  As for his hand helds, tiny canisters, hand dryers, fans, etc he has failed to exceed any technology that previously existed.

Feel free to worship JD as you please.  I will continue to worship my savior and no other. I do have the highest respect for those who actually save lives (doctors, nurses and others) as well as our US military who defend the USA and those countries too weak to defend themselves.  All those Dyson inventions are nothing in comparison.

I do not have a Dyson knock off unless Dyson has a bagged vacuum hiding somewhere that he has not introduced. 

I would prefer to own all USA made product.  Malaysia is no more meaningful to me as a US citizen than China.  Why would you accept Dyson being manufactured in another country?

Regarding innovation.  Notice that British industry is questionable.  The vacuum existed before Dyson so I wonder if it is true innovation.  In fact I believe it was invented in the good ol US of A and now it is copied by many others.  Perhaps we should sue.

• S: (adj) advanced, forward-looking, innovative, modern (ahead of the times) "the advanced teaching methods"; "had advanced views on the subject"; "a forward-looking corporation"; "is British industry innovative enough?"
  • S: (adj) innovative, innovational, groundbreaking (being or producing something like nothing done or experienced or created before) "stylistically innovative works"; "innovative members of the artistic community"; "a mind so innovational, so original"

• Looks like dyson by your own admission is following the industry leader: HOOVER.  Now, do you think toyota will do the same?  Recall Ford in 2000?

BTW, I've said your HOOVER bagged Platinum Upright with companion compact is an ORECK knock off.  Would you agree, ole chap? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 31, 2010 by CarmineD
    HARDSELL

Reply #127   Jan 31, 2010 10:18 pm
    CarmineD wrote:
    Looks like dyson by your own admission is following the industry leader: HOOVER.  Now, do you think toyota will do the same?  Recall Ford in 2000?

BTW, I've said your HOOVER bagged Platinum Upright with companion compact is an ORECK knock off.  Would you agree, ole chap? 

Carmine D.

I do not understand why Toyota is being singled out.  Pull all the others off the market and leave Toyota alone.  That is the view that our government takes on profiling terrorists. 

I agree that they both have a compact canister and are sililar in weight.  Oreck can't compare on cleaning with either the upright or canister IMO.

CarmineD

Reply #128   Feb 1, 2010 6:15 am
    HARDSELL wrote:
    I do not understand why Toyota is being singled out.  Pull all the others off the market and leave Toyota alone.  That is the view that our government takes on profiling terrorists. 

I agree that they both have a compact canister and are sililar in weight.  Oreck can't compare on cleaning with either the upright or canister IMO.

by several accounts 12-19 dead/injured from horrific accidents as a result of acceleration problems dating back to 2005 in toyota and lexus vehicles.  Currently the company averages about 100 calls and emails daily and has fro days from toyota customers affected by the recalled vehicles.  No official company statement after more than a week of the recall announcement.  Toyota customers upset by the loss of resale value of their vehicles.  Upset being told to park their vehicles and odn't drive.  CTS [outsource supplier of pedals] is perplexed with toyota by recall vehicles.   Disagreement on problem by both.  Lawyers circling the wagons.  Talk of class actions suits.  Likely reasons for toyoyta's woes.  Toyota went from glory to disaster in less than one year.

ORECK is the original lightweight upright marketed with a compact canister.  After 45 plus years, HOOVER copied.  HOOVER is the standard for rug cleaning, nice to see/hear you admit it.  Took you a LONG TIME.  ORECK is a very distant second. 

Now let's see if you change your tune on toyota...............Consumer Reports has.  Toyota no longer best for quality.  Not recommended.  Ford is numero uno for quality. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #129   Feb 1, 2010 7:28 am
    CarmineD wrote:
    by several accounts 12-19 dead/injured from horrific accidents as a result of acceleration problems dating back to 2005 in toyota and lexus vehicles.  Currently the company averages about 100 calls and emails daily and has fro days from toyota customers affected by the recalled vehicles.  No official company statement after more than a week of the recall announcement.  Toyota customers upset by the loss of resale value of their vehicles.  Upset being told to park their vehicles and odn't drive.  CTS [outsource supplier of pedals] is perplexed with toyota by recall vehicles.   Disagreement on problem by both.  Lawyers circling the wagons.  Talk of class actions suits.  Likely reasons for toyoyta's woes.  Toyota went from glory to disaster in less than one year.

ORECK is the original lightweight upright marketed with a compact canister.  After 45 plus years, HOOVER copied.  HOOVER is the standard for rug cleaning, nice to see/hear you admit it.  Took you a LONG TIME.  ORECK is a very distant second. 

Now let's see if you change your tune on toyota...............Consumer Reports has.  Toyota no longer best for quality.  Not recommended.  Ford is numero uno for quality. 

Carmine D.

I was told by a dealer that the only 2005 model affected was the Avalon.  I do not buy into the rushed design being the culprit.  I also do not see an accelerator pedal as the problem.  Today's autos are dependent on electronics and I think there is a defect in a module.  I doubt that I will be called in to consult.  It is much easier to fall than to rise, especially with the media coverage we have today  I can't recall a manufacturer that has not had problems.  This is the most serious to date as far as I know.  The Pinto could easily have busted Ford, however they recovered.  Hopefully Toyota will do the same.  I certainly do not want a single choice for an auto.  Not to mention the loss to our economy.

Where did you read that I proclaimed Hoover to be the standard for cleaning?  Hoover certainly has advanced since the sell off and Oreck has not changed in 45 years.  Perhaps a sale is in order for Oreck. 

Gee, CR has great hind sight.  Tell us more after the fact CR.  Toyota has a serious problem.  They still surpass the other brands in all other quality aspects.

PS, I drive a Ford.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #130   Feb 3, 2010 3:13 am
    This thread is about the "bagless Kirby Conversion" and not Toyota or Ford.  If you are interested in talking cars, there are numerous forums for them.
    CarmineD

Reply #131   Feb 3, 2010 6:27 am
    Mike_W wrote:
    This thread is about the "bagless Kirby Conversion" and not Toyota or Ford.  If you are interested in talking cars, there are numerous forums for them.

Or perhaps a dyson electric car?  Does that qualify for posts here?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #132   Feb 3, 2010 9:00 am
    CarmineD wrote:
    Or perhaps a dyson electric car?  Does that qualify for posts here?

Carmine D.

Only if they suck!!!!!!!!!! 
    mole

Reply #133   Feb 3, 2010 9:32 am
    HARDSELL wrote:
    Only if they suck!!!!!!!!!! 

The Dyson electric car has twin 76mm turbo's running 40lbs of boost.
    Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #134   Feb 3, 2010 12:21 pm
    Carmine:

You know the answer.
    CarmineD

Reply #135   Feb 3, 2010 12:43 pm
    Mike_W wrote:
    Carmine:

You know the answer.

Mike:

I was asking to see if you knew.  Not me.  How about dyson AirBlades?  Those qualify as topic on vacuum Forum?  Or do you censor by poster rather than topic? 

Carmine D.

Replies: 126 - 135 of 135Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
    Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42