Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The New Dyson DC27 Upright!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

The New Dyson DC27 Upright!
Original Message   Jan 6, 2009 5:45 pm
Having another topic mentioned some new vax machines on a Littlewoods website, I had a look around to see what else might be new and came across the 'new' Dyson DC27 Upright, see link below:

http://www.littlewoods.com/rf/s.do?Np=1&Ns=&Ntk=littlewoods_search&Ntt=dyson&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Nu=this_product&pageSize=12&Nao=0&cmEvent=page_navigation

They have 2 Models on their website 'Animal' and 'All Floors', first look suggests an update version of the US DC17 but for the UK\Europe markets.  This will be the replacement for the popular DC14.  I thought a separate motor for the brush bar like the DC17 would have been standard, but looks like it uses the DC04\DC07\DC14 clutch setup!   Not sure as the website doesn't say if it just has a slim root cyclone technology or the core is included!   It does look like it has more small cyclones than the current DC14 and DC15 and DC25 models.  See picture of DC27 All Floors model below!  DC18

+DC27+All+floors++upright+clea... 

Replies: 9 - 18 of 93Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuumfreeeke

Re: The New Dyson DC27 Upright!
Reply #9   Jan 7, 2009 10:50 am
I'm glad they moved the attachments.  It will be a tragedy if they didn't eliminate the clutch system as well.  I loathe my DC14 and think it must be the worst Dyson ever made.  If they come out with a self-propelled model, I will HAVE to get it.  I may eve sell my car... LOL
DysonInventsBig

Reply #10   Jan 7, 2009 1:31 pm
Thanks DC18.

Dyson’s been eliminating the pre-filter compartment above the cyclonic cluster for some time.  This Dyson hood (and Ball too) are [design] patented-Dyson Symbols that easily distinguish his technologies from the crowded and fiercely competitive market.  This Dyson-hood is not unlike BMW’s grill.  Bravo Dyson!

FYI, James Dyson and a couple of others are credited (named on patents) for these hoods (DC08 and DC17).

DIB
This message was modified Jan 7, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Reply #11   Jan 7, 2009 4:30 pm
Your welcome DIB. 

Yes that is true, even on the earlier DC01, DC02, DC03 the pre motor filter was not part of the cyclone assembly!   Be interesting to see what the difference between the DC17 and DC27 is especially as there is a US version of the DC27!

DC18

DC18

Reply #12   Jan 7, 2009 4:36 pm
Motorhead

The clutch versions are the UK\Europe ones, if you look at the front facing DC27 off Sam's Club (US) model no clutch set up is there!  The brush bar on that one looks like the DC17, and probably like the DC17 uses a separate motor to power the brush bar.  Be interesting to see if the UK\Europe ones with the clutch setup still has the same brush bar as the DC03\DC04\DC07 and DC14!  If there is not really any difference from the DC27 to the DC17, they could have 'tweaked' the DC17 for the UK market!   One main difference is the cyclone and bin setup to the DC17!   Here's hoping it has the DDM but I think not!

I would think they are for Spring release, well on the Dyson websites.   I would think the only reason the DC27 is on the web for catalogue stores in the UK is due to the new spring\summer book being out shortly (if not already!), and the new DC27 would appear in there so they would have updated their website!  Places like Argos usually show it in the catalogue putting a release date but it would not appear on their website until the release date!  Where as Littlewoods and Sam's Club have them available not to order!

I thought the DC27 was the self propelled upright!?  This must be the DC28 then!?  I think the DC26 is this corded handheld named 'knuckleduster' that is yet to surface!?

DC18

This message was modified Jan 7, 2009 by DC18
DysonInventsBig

Reply #13   Jan 7, 2009 5:31 pm
DC18,

The DC17 is one of Dyson’s best sellers from what I know.  I believe any DC17 replacement must have a motor driven brushroll at minimum and sequential cyclonic separation if possible.  The DC27 looks to be replacing the DC14 simply because it is about what Dyson can legally advertise...  can he advertise “Best overall pickup” on the 27 as he currently advertises and enjoys with his DC17?  The DC27 looks to be using Root filtration only.  Since the many mega-manufacturers are copying Dyson, selling cyclonic vacuums is becoming more and more of a horse race run on “value trade”.  But the floating head seems to be a Dyson favorite feature, to bad it will prevent him from EVER making CR’s top 5 rankings.  CR claims to have up to 20 million readers (not subscribers) monthly.  More and more I run into people who do not own Dyson because of its CR ranking.  I would expect Hoovers new multi-cyclonic w/motor driven height adjustment vac to rank higher at CR than any Dyson.  Perhaps Mr. Dyson should re-think the floating head and/or invent an entirely new head.

DIB

DC18

Reply #14   Jan 7, 2009 6:18 pm
DIB

So the DC27 US version would have a motor driven brush bar but as the DC27 UK version is replacing the DC14 then the clutch version is used.  If the DC27 US version is a replacement over the DC17 then why is there no core\level 3 technology there if, well I suspect it is to be better than the DC17?  As for the UK version the smaller cyclones (which there are probabaly more than 8 small cyclones) will filter better than the DC14 probably better suction too, but the same clutch setup is no improvement over the DC14!?   I can see what you mean by 'value trade', but then Dyson is not about 'value trade' but that might be about to changeor has to change!  Yes Dyson's floating head is a feature of all his Upright vacuums since the DC01.  The reason for it then probably stands for the reason they still use it.  No extra switches\dails to bend down and turn\switch and 'fiddle' about with!   I've been saying for a while Dyson need to re-think the floating head!

One thing that still has not been learned on this DC27 is the limited access the cleaning head gives you!  Not only a re-think on the floating head but a redesign of the overall cleaning head\nozzle to give better cleaning access.  Take a look at the DC18\DC24 and DC25 they are going in the right direction, low profile cleaning heads!

The best floating head I have seen which auto adjusts without the users having to do anything is on the Sebo X4!

As you say the DC17 is Dyson best seller, I believe the same for the DC14 in the UK as before that the DC07 and DC04.  They are what we called Dyson's 'bread and butter' line.  The one out of the whole range that sells well.  So although the DC14 is due for replacement the DC27 has to fit into that slot where the DC14 is at present!  So nothing too radical a change from DC14 to the DC27 as not to loose that position within the whole range.  Which I suppose as you said 'value trade' comes in!

DC18

This message was modified Jan 7, 2009 by DC18
CarmineD

Reply #15   Jan 8, 2009 7:43 am
Hello all:

WRT floating heads, you might want to read Venson's post on his new S7 MIELE Tango.  In particular the floating brush roll.  I suspect MIELE, after 80 years in the vacuum business, and brand new to the upright market [at least with its own home grown product] took great care to get the first one right.  Knowing that it has one chance to do it and do it right so its loyal customers and those soon to be would be completely convinced and satisfied with the results.  Granted these models cost twice what new DC27 and most dysons sell for.  Performance is priceless. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #16   Jan 8, 2009 8:53 am
Motorhead wrote:
This is really interesting, I would have thought it would come out in the Spring but certainly not this early.  I heard the DC27 was basically a DC17 with a revised brushroll, so it it struck me as odd to see that clutch control.  One source told me it might be DDM-equipped as well, but considering what other Dysons I heard were supposed to be DDM-equipped in the US and did not turn out that way, I'm going to believe *that* when I see it.

Now I'm itching to see their new self-propelled model they will be releasing shortly.

-MH

And the new and inproved DYSON [again] comes to a dealer near you in early 09, the new dc27 has new features such as ,six speed automatic transmission,with paddle shift, heated handle grip for winter time cleaning, new bright orange colors with gloshield for outdoor nightime vacuuming, and optional navigation system.

MSRP IN THE TWILITE ZONE..............

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #17   Jan 8, 2009 8:54 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello all:

WRT floating heads, you might want to read Venson's post on his new S7 MIELE Tango.  In particular the floating brush roll.  I suspect MIELE, after 80 years in the vacuum business, and brand new to the upright market [at least with its own home grown product] took great care to get the first one right.  Knowing that it has one chance to do it and do it right so its loyal customers and those soon to be would be completely convinced and satisfied with the results.  Granted these models cost twice what new DC27 and most dysons sell for.  Performance is priceless

Carmine D.

That is why Dyson costs more.

Looks like those Oreck freebies were pricey judging from its current financial position. Their cost certainly hasn't been R&D.

CarmineD

Reply #18   Jan 8, 2009 9:02 am
Dyson sales are off 30 percent this year year.  Frequently dysons [even DC24/25] are now accompanied by 20 percent discounts and mark downs from MSRP with buyer incentives!  Same as using giveaways for the ORECK sales!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 8, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 9 - 18 of 93Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42