Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The New Dyson DC27 Upright!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

The New Dyson DC27 Upright!
Original Message   Jan 6, 2009 5:45 pm
Having another topic mentioned some new vax machines on a Littlewoods website, I had a look around to see what else might be new and came across the 'new' Dyson DC27 Upright, see link below:

http://www.littlewoods.com/rf/s.do?Np=1&Ns=&Ntk=littlewoods_search&Ntt=dyson&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Nu=this_product&pageSize=12&Nao=0&cmEvent=page_navigation

They have 2 Models on their website 'Animal' and 'All Floors', first look suggests an update version of the US DC17 but for the UK\Europe markets.  This will be the replacement for the popular DC14.  I thought a separate motor for the brush bar like the DC17 would have been standard, but looks like it uses the DC04\DC07\DC14 clutch setup!   Not sure as the website doesn't say if it just has a slim root cyclone technology or the core is included!   It does look like it has more small cyclones than the current DC14 and DC15 and DC25 models.  See picture of DC27 All Floors model below!  DC18

+DC27+All+floors++upright+clea... 

Replies: 3 - 12 of 93Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DC18

Re: The New Dyson DC27 Upright!
Reply #3   Jan 6, 2009 6:28 pm
Your welcome M00seUK, thanks for posting the other pics.  Does look like core\level 3 cyclone technology.  The seal at the bottom of the bin is small and more cone shaped too!  Yes it does look like the filter housing may be on the side (pre motor).  Having said it may be just for the Uk\Europe as a DC14 replacement, looking around I found this link:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=418376

So looks like a US version is available to, see DC27 Total Clean off this website (note the pre motor housing on the right...maybe!?).  There is no brush control dial below on this, and note the protruding airway on the front taken from the DC18\DC24\DC25 models.

Dyson DC27 Total CleanDyson DC27 Total Clean

This message was modified Jan 8, 2009 by DC18
DC18

Reply #4   Jan 6, 2009 6:29 pm
M00seUK you most of been searching like me and found the US version!
M00seUK

Reply #5   Jan 6, 2009 6:49 pm
DC18 wrote:
M00seUK you most of been searching like me and found the US version!

Of course - it's getting somewhat of a game after each snippet of info on a new Dyson model :-p

Good observation on the brush control knob. It would appear that in some markets there will be an entry level version where the brushbar runs off the main motor spindle, whereas other models with have a separate motor and a switch? It might be the first arrangement works well enough on 240v, but not with 120v? Speculation, as always!
DC18

Reply #6   Jan 6, 2009 6:59 pm
Yes thats is definately the the case!

Very true, I just thought with the ball models that use 2 motor setup I thought it would be introduced on new models in the UK that do not use the ball technology!  May be the UK version will use a different brush bar from previous models like the DC14.

Motorhead

Reply #7   Jan 6, 2009 8:30 pm
This is really interesting, I would have thought it would come out in the Spring but certainly not this early.  I heard the DC27 was basically a DC17 with a revised brushroll, so it it struck me as odd to see that clutch control.  One source told me it might be DDM-equipped as well, but considering what other Dysons I heard were supposed to be DDM-equipped in the US and did not turn out that way, I'm going to believe *that* when I see it.

Now I'm itching to see their new self-propelled model they will be releasing shortly.

-MH
This message was modified Jan 6, 2009 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #8   Jan 7, 2009 6:48 am
Motorhead wrote:
I heard the DC27 was basically a DC17 with a revised brushroll, so it it struck me as odd to see that clutch control.  One source told me it might be DDM-equipped as well, but considering what other Dysons I heard were supposed to be DDM-equipped in the US and did not turn out that way, I'm going to believe *that* when I see it.

Now I'm itching to see their new self-propelled model they will be releasing shortly.

-MH

Hello MH and dyson fans:

Appears there were several early rumors about a DC27 including it would have a DDM and also may be a commercial rated upright product.  But at $479 MSRP probably not the case for either. 

Glad to see that tho Wal*Mart and dyson could not come to terms on an exclusive model [during their most recent round of negotiations] that at least dyson could land a deal with Sam's Club Stores [also W*M but with much fewer stores].  Not sure yet whether it's in the Sam's Club Stores' shelves or just internet availability.  

WRT the latest DC27, does it have anything [features/performance] that's new and different from its predecessors?  May be too soon to know since ironically the model/specs are not on dyson web sites yet.  But DC27's are for internet sale on the Sam's Store Club internet site.  Letting the horse push the cart.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 7, 2009 by CarmineD
Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #9   Jan 7, 2009 10:50 am
I'm glad they moved the attachments.  It will be a tragedy if they didn't eliminate the clutch system as well.  I loathe my DC14 and think it must be the worst Dyson ever made.  If they come out with a self-propelled model, I will HAVE to get it.  I may eve sell my car... LOL
DysonInventsBig

Reply #10   Jan 7, 2009 1:31 pm
Thanks DC18.

Dyson’s been eliminating the pre-filter compartment above the cyclonic cluster for some time.  This Dyson hood (and Ball too) are [design] patented-Dyson Symbols that easily distinguish his technologies from the crowded and fiercely competitive market.  This Dyson-hood is not unlike BMW’s grill.  Bravo Dyson!

FYI, James Dyson and a couple of others are credited (named on patents) for these hoods (DC08 and DC17).

DIB
This message was modified Jan 7, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Reply #11   Jan 7, 2009 4:30 pm
Your welcome DIB. 

Yes that is true, even on the earlier DC01, DC02, DC03 the pre motor filter was not part of the cyclone assembly!   Be interesting to see what the difference between the DC17 and DC27 is especially as there is a US version of the DC27!

DC18

DC18

Reply #12   Jan 7, 2009 4:36 pm
Motorhead

The clutch versions are the UK\Europe ones, if you look at the front facing DC27 off Sam's Club (US) model no clutch set up is there!  The brush bar on that one looks like the DC17, and probably like the DC17 uses a separate motor to power the brush bar.  Be interesting to see if the UK\Europe ones with the clutch setup still has the same brush bar as the DC03\DC04\DC07 and DC14!  If there is not really any difference from the DC27 to the DC17, they could have 'tweaked' the DC17 for the UK market!   One main difference is the cyclone and bin setup to the DC17!   Here's hoping it has the DDM but I think not!

I would think they are for Spring release, well on the Dyson websites.   I would think the only reason the DC27 is on the web for catalogue stores in the UK is due to the new spring\summer book being out shortly (if not already!), and the new DC27 would appear in there so they would have updated their website!  Places like Argos usually show it in the catalogue putting a release date but it would not appear on their website until the release date!  Where as Littlewoods and Sam's Club have them available not to order!

I thought the DC27 was the self propelled upright!?  This must be the DC28 then!?  I think the DC26 is this corded handheld named 'knuckleduster' that is yet to surface!?

DC18

This message was modified Jan 7, 2009 by DC18
Replies: 3 - 12 of 93Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42