Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > GE Canister Vacuum Model 169072 VC-396 Info?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
lazaruspup

GE Canister Vacuum Model 169072 VC-396 Info?
Original Message   Dec 11, 2008 3:19 pm
OK, here is a post for the pro's. For years I have used a Dyson DC11 and Dyson DC21 as my primary vacuums in the house. I also had a GE Canister Vacuum Model 106766(which is actually a rebranded Eureka HP6855A can). I have had a great experience with the GE can, but incurred the occasional problem with cleaning efficiency with both Dysons. My house is primary hardwoods with some floor cloths and area rugs scattered throughout. The downstairs is a very expensive low cut frieze which cannot have a brushroll used on it per the manufacturer. I went to Wal-Mart to purchase some bags for the GE can and found this beast below on sale for $148.00. A friend of mine had a struggling Hoover Elite that was ready for the trash pile so I gifted the older GE can to them and replaced it with the GE 106766 below. I tried to find some info on this machine online, but was unable to garner anything on who makes it, etc. It looks to be a Eureka of some type as it shares some characteristics of their Boss Can and their Air Extreme can. I was lucky enough to find bags and filters on eBay in quantity very cheap. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I know for a fact it outcleans both my Dysons hands down. The filtration according to a particulate counter is very low even though the can doesn't seem to be fully sealed. The suction is so good with a new bag and filter that you have to pry the hard floor tool off the floor when on full suction. The plastic is a little suspect in the build but otherwise seems to be a solid product. I will post a full review after a little more use. Any info or thoughts on the origin of this little guy would be great.

http://www.govacuum.com/lib/vacuumcleanerbacgs/GE169072
Replies: 1 - 27 of 27View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 27 of 27View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42