Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 382 - 391 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Reply #382   Dec 5, 2008 1:05 pm
I get vacuum cleaner news pushed to me via Google news alerts.  James Dyson and his vacuums make up the greater majority of talk via news, blogs, forums, online magazines, etc.  It is comical how many vacuum manufacturers cannot deliver needed and measurable innovation and so they miss much free publicity the 15 year old Dyson LTD so enjoys and profits from.

Today's pushed news or alike I copied/pasted from my email alert...

Dyson DC24 Vacuum Review
Reviewboard Magazine - Chicago,IL,USA
Young and old, in good shape or a bit weak -- this portable vacuum cleaner (within your home) is a great addition to the Dyson line. Dyson’s vacuum cleaners ...

See all stories on this topic
http://www.reviewboard.com/2008_holiday_buyers_guide/4024-Dyson-DC24-Vacuum-Review.html

The Five I’s of Building Wealth
Motley Fool - USA
James Dyson became a billionaire by developing the bagless vacuum cleaner. His idea was initially rejected because it was seen as hurting vacuum bag sales. ...

http://caps.fool.com/blogs/viewpost.aspx?bpid=116278&t=01003357133075050748
This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #383   Dec 10, 2008 2:49 pm
Hi,

Just thought I'd throw this in the mix.  His lordship's heading for court again -- and  the product is not even in the stores yet . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/3702987/Sir-James-Dyson-in-High-Court-attempt-to-see-off-rival-vacuum-design.html

'Tis the season to be jolly?

Venson
This message was modified Dec 10, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #384   Dec 10, 2008 3:08 pm
Hi Venson:

Dyson does have a way of shooting itself in the foot.  First, moving production to Malaysia in 2002 and losing the UK vacuum market in 5 years.  Now suing Japanese Samsung over a yet to be released product/just a patent for it.  Regardless of the legal outcome, dyson will lose its second best vacuum market in the world: Japan.  Talk about marketing suicide?  When will dyson ever learn?  Sooner or later you can't sue the pants off your competitors, because they longer have pants.

Carmine D. 

mole

Reply #385   Dec 10, 2008 3:14 pm
Whats the big deal,who cares, why cant we be friends,why cant we be friends,why cant we be friends,

MOLE

Venson

Reply #386   Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm
mole wrote:
Whats the big deal,who cares, why cant we be friends,why cant we be friends,why cant we be friends,

MOLE

Because . . .

"They say the best things in life are free
But they can give 'em to the birds and bees.
I want some money, a whole lot of money.
I want some money -- that's all I want."

Wish I'd wrote that.

Venson
This message was modified Dec 10, 2008 by Venson
M00seUK

Reply #387   Dec 10, 2008 3:30 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi,

Just thought I'd throw this in the mix.  His lordship's heading for court again -- and  the product is not even in the stores yet . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/3702987/Sir-James-Dyson-in-High-Court-attempt-to-see-off-rival-vacuum-design.html

'Tis the season to be jolly?

Venson

The subtext to all this would be good to know. I presume that Dyson, having invested in their own 3-stage (level 3 root) cyclone technology, don't want someone else sharing the limelight.
They won the legal case with the Hoover UK 'TriClone' on a strong point - they could demonstrate that blocking one of the cyclones actually improved the performance. It sounds a similar situation with Samsung. But, Samsung had a patent for a three-stage cyclone granted first? Both patents are described as being similar, so if Samsung happened to get there first, with no prior art, what could Dyson's case possibilly be? Or is the comparision that Samsung's 3-stage cyclone doesn't improve separation as dramaticly as Dyson's 3-stage, as thus they don't want them having an unfair marketing advantage?
Venson

Reply #388   Dec 10, 2008 10:32 pm
Question . . . Does Dyson staff it own legal team or retain independent attorneys?

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #389   Dec 11, 2008 7:00 am
Kenneth J, as a poor engineering student, had a US patent on a ball facilitator wheel long before dyson's DC15 Ball [1996 vice 2003].  But Kenneth J had no product.  He lost his case in court in Washington DC on a legal technicality [thanks to a dyson 'hired' legal team that included New York's best and most expensive 3 name lawyers in 3 piece suits].  Samsung will have a few top notch lawyers too.  See what happens when the playing field is level.  In the meantime, the Japanese vacuum market will be a wasteland for dyson.  Japanese people are very loyal to their own.  Extremely so.  What was dyson thinking?

Hello Venson: 

I suspect dyson has both.  A legal counsel/office in house on the payroll and "hired guns" for the court fights.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 11, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #390   Dec 11, 2008 8:48 am
CarmineD wrote:

Hello Venson: 

I suspect dyson has both.  A legal counsel/office in house on the payroll and "hired guns" for the court fights.

Carmine D.

Thanks Carmine,

I've been trying to figure out if these frivolous lawsuits (I see them that way) are cost effective for Dyson.  Then again the only way they can be is by winning.

Samsung is of formidable size and doesn't manufacture vacuums alone.  Its flat-screen TVs are getting good ratings and doing well here in the U.S.  Add in popular cell phones and other electronic devices plus household appliances I too think they'll be able to foot the legal bills.

If I were Dyson, I think I'd spend more time trying to move ahead by improving on what it makes and leave the courts alone.  Maybe the Samsung "Silencio" vac series got 'em upset. By the way . . .

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/type/type.do?group=homeappliances&type=vacuumcleaner#

Venson
This message was modified Dec 11, 2008 by Venson
HARDSELL

Reply #391   Dec 11, 2008 9:25 pm
Venson wrote:
Thanks Carmine,

I've been trying to figure out if these frivolous lawsuits (I see them that way) are cost effective for Dyson.  Then again the only way they can be is by winning.

Samsung is of formidable size and doesn't manufacture vacuums alone.  Its flat-screen TVs are getting good ratings and doing well here in the U.S.  Add in popular cell phones and other electronic devices plus household appliances I too think they'll be able to foot the legal bills.

If I were Dyson, I think I'd spend more time trying to move ahead by improving on what it makes and leave the courts alone.  Maybe the Samsung "Silencio" vac series got 'em upset. By the way . . .

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/type/type.do?group=homeappliances&type=vacuumcleaner#

Venson

Venson,

Better stock up on Samsung products before Dyson gets his share of their money.  Prices of Samsung goods will likely soar. 

Replies: 382 - 391 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42