Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > On the brighter side . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

On the brighter side . . .
Original Message   Nov 30, 2008 5:29 am
Eureka has just ended a contest in which pet owners lent their wisdom regarding how to run a tight ship with four legged friends on board.  Oddly enough, five of the five suggestions shown in the following article don't mention getting out your Eureka.  There's another link within the article leading to a page displaying Eureka and Arm & Hammer products.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/29/HO581499I0.DTL&feed=rss.homeandgarden

Best,

Venson
This message was modified Nov 30, 2008 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: On the brighter side . . .
Reply #1   Nov 30, 2008 7:19 am
Hello Venson:

Interesting and good for EUREKA.  The Humane Society of the US estimates that over 70 million American households have pets.  So EUREKA has a huge target market.

I vacuum my yellow lab daily.  English variety with long hair, which in concert with her diabetes and age, causes her to shed year round.  Use my almost 35 year old HOOVER Swingette with paper bag inserts.  Best tool for this job is the crevice.  She'll sit/lay for about 5 plus minutes with treats to entice her.  Just long enough to get the job done.  Doing this daily, combined with several times weekly brushing her outdoors, reduces the amount of hair inside our home.  And it's better for her when she is around people for petting. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Nov 30, 2008 12:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

Interesting and good for EUREKA.  The Humane Society of the US estimates that over 70 million American households have pets.  So EUREKA has a huge target market.

I vacuum my yellow lab daily.  English variety with long hair, which in concert with her diabetes and age, causes her to shed year round.  Use my almost 35 year old HOOVER Swingette with paper bag inserts.  Best tool for this job is the crevice.  She'll sit/lay for about 5 plus minutes with treats to entice her.  Just long enough to get the job done.  Doing this daily, combined with several times weekly brushing her outdoors, reduces the amount of hair inside our home.  And it's better for her when she is around people for petting. 

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

I believe Eureka once offered a tool for the job. Its upper body looked exactly  like that of a regular dusting brush but instead of a ring of long bristles a ring made of either rubber or some kind of soft plastic with short teeth was used.  (Filter Queen offered the same thing for massage in place of  the vibrating piece that fitted on the hose end.)

My long gone Siamese, Dinky, used to love it.  I'd switch my FQ to low and either go over him with that tool or the floor brush instead.  I think he liked it especially because of the feel of cool air flowing through his fur.  The dog I got after him also got a great kick out of being vacuumed..  He wouldn't let you do anything else until you'd gone over him.  As long as the vacuum is quiet and the airflow is not overwhelming, lots of cats andd dogs really go for the idea.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #3   Dec 1, 2008 7:05 am
Hello Venson:

Kirby offered a tool called the massage cup.  Even pictured it being used on people.  Claimed it invigorated skin and scalp and was great for pet grooming [hopefully not the same tool].  WRT latter, several pet stores market tools fashioned after the Kirby massage cup for this use.

Talking about tools, little more than a year ago, I purchased a full sized round brush to use in lieu of the mini one that comes on board with the HOOVER Cann S1351.  It's shot.  Imitation hair bristles clump.  Still using the original HOOVER Swingette dusting brush that is over 35 years old.  Truth in the adage that they don't make them like they use to.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 1, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42