Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

ROYAL--- RY6900
Original Message   Nov 11, 2008 9:59 am
Hey Guys and girls, take a look at this machine,What does it look like.

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Venson

Re: ROYAL--- RY6900
Reply #1   Nov 11, 2008 11:28 am
Hi MOLE,

This Sebo-ish invention looks like just about a dozen other upright I come across in commercial vac sellers catalogs. This is another outsourced machine that everybody seems to have. If you check out most of the commercial vacuum purveyors like Nilfisk-Advance, Tornado, even Hoover, etc., you'll see a lot of similar looking machinery. I have no idea as to where it comes from but guess it place of origin is Asia.

Plus points are the 40-foot cord.

One online seller is pushing it for about $720 with just a one-year warranty. Another vendor is asking About $480.

Best,

Venson
Actionvac

Reply #2   Nov 11, 2008 1:14 pm
These are lemons as the design flaw makes it so it does not perform well on commercial carpeting, they are blowing them out, otherwise it is a heavy duty made in usa vac
mole

Reply #3   Nov 11, 2008 4:36 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi MOLE,

This Sebo-ish invention looks like just about a dozen other upright I come across in commercial vac sellers catalogs. This is another outsourced machine that everybody seems to have. If you check out most of the commercial vacuum purveyors like Nilfisk-Advance, Tornado, even Hoover, etc., you'll see a lot of similar looking machinery. I have no idea as to where it comes from but guess it place of origin is Asia.

Plus points are the 40-foot cord.

One online seller is pushing it for about $720 with just a one-year warranty. Another vendor is asking About $480.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson,

This is a sebo upright, it was also sold at sears.dont know for how long it was blue in color,it was identical to sebos mid range upright.

Just for kicks if you wanted an upright in the 3 to 400 range,what would you buy the sebo clone or a reconed G series kirby with all the toys.....

MOLE

Venson

Reply #4   Nov 11, 2008 5:22 pm
Hiya MOLE

What do you think is a fair price for the RY6900? Anyway . . .

If I had a limited amount to spend and wanted to get the best cleaning for my dollar I'd go for the rebuilt G series in a heartbeat. I have a G5 that I bought used and in good shape and despite its shotcomings -- weight, size, etc., can it clean a rug -- oh yeah. There'd be little doubt in my mind about its quality or longevity

Of course I'm from a different place in time. I grew up during the '50s when just about everybody's vacuum weighed in at at least fifty pounds but nobody complained much. They were too glad for the convenience. Amazingly, now that we're in an age where it seems everybody is running back and forth to the gym, despite weight training, treadmills and the like, all you hear is, "It's too heavy!"

Venson
This message was modified Nov 11, 2008 by Venson
mole

Reply #5   Nov 11, 2008 5:41 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya MOLE

What do you think is a fair price for the RY6900? Anyway . . .

If I had a limited amount to spend and wanted to get the best cleaning for my dollar I'd go for the rebuilt G series in a heartbeat. I have a G5 that I bought used and in good shape and despite its shotcomings -- weight, size, etc., can it clean a rug -- oh yeah. There'd be little doubt in my mind about its quality or longevity

Of course I'm from a different place in time. I grew up during the '50s when just about everybody's vacuum weighed in at at least fifty pounds but nobody complained much. They were too glad for the convenience. Amazingly, now that we're in an age where it seems everybody is running back and forth to the gym, despite weight training, treadmills and the like, all you hear is, "It's too heavy!"

Venson

It would be a HARDSELL at 699.00,  for my liking its better at 349.00. or less.

I agree with you on the KIRBY the 5 is one of my favorites,Outstanding cleaning, smooth transmission, die cast aluminum housing,NOT UGLY, The ultimate carpet cleaning assault machine. i really dont need the handy butler,or sanding kit though.

And ROYALS classic metal upright hangs with kirby also,i still miss my 880 upright, looked classy and the headlite was high and low beam.

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42