Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > V for Victory ? ? ?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

V for Victory ? ? ?
Original Message   Sep 26, 2008 3:59 pm
Thank God for those who try.  I can't always give high scores in regard to the worth of their efforts but they do help to keep life interesitng.  And per the news link -- http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/080926/0437655.html -- Bissell certainly is trying.

I can't find any information about the new Bissell Versus (see below) but the article states that HSN has it and that it will be in the hands of retailers this month.

Best,

Venson

Replies: 10 - 19 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: V for Victory ? ? ?
Reply #10   Nov 3, 2008 7:06 am
Hello DIB:

WRT your last post, I understand your frustration.  I'm not fond of the design either unless and until it pivots on its axis to accomplish the normal edge cleaning too.  Perhaps this is a first attempt by BISSELL to patent rights for a new barefloor design/function.  With plans for future refining/modification to do just as I suggest.  In the meantime, the Versus tools on board have to suffice for users like me who intend to buy it.  BTW, it hasn't come yet to the big box store retailers in my area.  I'm thinking my young grand daughters will absolutely love using it!  As they do the DD Cruz.  [which BTW I saw hawked on HSN with a dyson DC14 earlier this year].

No offense to you, but many feel the same about a soccer sized ball wheel on a vacuum cleaner.  Wheel barrows are one thing.  But vacuums?  The maker provides a maneuverability solution by increasing the weight/mass/bulk of an existing vacuum's size.  Worsening the conditions that give rise to the maneuverability problems in vacuums in order to solve it.  Sounds oxymoronic, IMHO?

The age old adage applies: Where you stand depends on where you sit.  Similarly:  Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  Didn't the inventor of the intermittent wipers call his creation the Mona Lisa?  Leonardo must have turned over in his grave!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #11   Nov 3, 2008 8:55 am
The V nozzle comes off so you can use it as a BOOMERANG,just a little added feature,keeps the cleaning person from getting bored.

HOW MANY DC15 DID DYSON SELL TODAY?????????????

MOLE

DysonInventsBig

Reply #12   Nov 3, 2008 10:21 am
mole wrote:
The V nozzle comes off so you can use it as a BOOMERANG,just a little added feature,keeps the cleaning person from getting bored.

HOW MANY DC15 DID DYSON SELL TODAY?????????????

MOLE

Hey mole,

Maybe the boomerang should be used to throw at the Bissell suits. Heads should fly over this one.

The DC15 spawned an entirely new segment and more profits for those vacuum manufacturers whose business model is to copy Dyson's inroads. In no way should Dyson throw this baby out with the bathwater. It can be made great!! And be made better than both the Miele and Hoover UK offerings.

DIB

Venson

Reply #13   Nov 3, 2008 10:56 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
 Below is a photo from Bissell's website of their "Verses" hard floor vacuum...

Amazingly  Bissell demonstrates there nozzle cannot clean up to and squarely to a straight line (wall, furniture, etc.). I'm shaking my head in disbelief as to why the suits at Bissell produce and promote this vacuum as in advancement over standard vacuums. Standard vacuums can clean up to a straight edged wall or furniture, when Versus cannot.

The Versus promo video tells Bissell's logic behind this "V" nozzle. Bissell believes funneling debris via a V shaped nozzle is an advancement. The problem is the filter clogs and loses suction strength. A vacuum with weak suction strength is the reason vacuums cannot suction floors adequately, so this, the real problem.  Bissell invented a "nozzle funneling" solution to a suction drop off problem.  Go figure.

DIB

Hi DIB,

You're missing the spin here.  Notice the white arrows at the ends of the nozzle wings.  That would mean that a forward pass along a floor edge with the "wing tip" is meant to clean corners and along baseboards.  You turn the cleaner one way or another to clean the next floor edge.  Not  a practical idea but Best Buy has been talked into carrying the Versus online.  I'm curious to see who follows.  If they move, it means that you can sell anybody anything.  But . . . at 80-bucks it will prove of interest to the non-thinking because it's cheap.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #14   Nov 3, 2008 12:50 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi DIB,

I'm curious to see who follows.  If they move, it means that you can sell anybody anything.  But . . . at 80-bucks it will prove of interest to the non-thinking because it's cheap.

Venson

Hi Venson:

Thanks for the tip on the "V" wing and the info about the BEST BUY Site and the Versus.  I agree with your above statement.  At $80 with TOB and bagless it's an easy sell over the internet and off shelves in a box.  BISSELL is borrowing a page from Dirt Devil which knows the sales beauty of vacuums priced at $50-$60.  Most people take them right off the shelf in a box and never scope out the displays.  The price sells it.  Add a gimmick and its a sure fire sales success.  Look at REGINA's Electrik Broom.  Sold millions.  Lightweight.  Cheap.  It couldn't even stand up by itself!

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #15   Nov 3, 2008 12:58 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

WRT your last post, I understand your frustration.  I'm not fond of the design either unless and until it pivots on its axis to accomplish the normal edge cleaning too.  Perhaps this is a first attempt by BISSELL to patent rights for a new barefloor design/function.  With plans for future refining/modification to do just as I suggest.  In the meantime, the Versus tools on board have to suffice for users like me who intend to buy it.  BTW, it hasn't come yet to the big box store retailers in my area.  I'm thinking my young grand daughters will absolutely love using it!  As they do the DD Cruz.  [which BTW I saw hawked on HSN with a dyson DC14 earlier this year].

Reply:   It is not frustration but concern for American jobs. Bissell can be much better than this junk and by producing junk it hurts the brand which can hurt jobs. The return rate will be huge on this. Promising more and delivering less is what this product is. It's just a matter of time before Consumer Reports reviews it negatively. Your Cruz with a clean filter should walk circles around this contraption. Now that you mention it this contraption may be a response to the Cruz's (success?).

No offense to you, but many feel the same about a soccer sized ball wheel on a vacuum cleaner.  Wheel barrows are one thing.  But vacuums?  The maker provides a maneuverability solution by increasing the weight/mass/bulk of an existing vacuum's size.  Worsening the conditions that give rise to the maneuverability problems in vacuums in order to solve it.  Sounds oxymoronic, IMHO?

Reply: No offense taken. The size of the ball Is 7 1/8 H x 6 1/4 W inch, is this too large? The ball/barrel is not the problem with the DC15. Its problems in my opinion are 1) overall weight and 2) in the nozzle. With the nozzle removed the vacuum pivots left and right almost effortlessly. In response to your point of creating problems while solving other problems is apparent with the DC15, true. - As is the ball/DC18 configuration at the end of the DC21's wand (@ the nozzle). In my opinion these two vacuums were over engineered to some extent. But! The DC15 ball itself and how it reacts in unison to wrist turning is genius and no other maker can touch this mechanism! Patents should protect Dyson on this mechanism. I see no other way or easy way to build a vacuum on top of a ball without infringing on Dyson's patents.

The age old adage applies: Where you stand depends on where you sit.  Similarly:  Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  Didn't the inventor of the intermittent wipers call his creation the Mona Lisa?  Leonardo must have turned over in his grave!

Reply: Mans inherent flaws removed (jealousy, envy, etc.), inventors I believe are appreciative of other inventors accomplishments and can see the genius even if it's a simple solution. I'm sure Leonardo would except the complement by comparison. Did you see the movie? In it or during the credit roll it was stated - 145 million automobiles use the intermittent wiper. Leonardo I'm sure would appreciate those numbers.        DIB

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #16   Nov 3, 2008 1:02 pm
Hi DIB:

Thanks for the pic with the hand.  It struck me when seeing.  Dyson has a brilliant idea here but not for vacuums and wheels.  For a new hand granade!  Pack that sucker with C4, a pin and a finger pull, and let her rip!  Sell millions of them.

Too bad your reply got stuck in the small quote print.  It looks very similar to my criticism of some of dyson's products.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #17   Nov 3, 2008 1:14 pm
Carmine,

Can you view the print?  Do you know how to enlarge the text on a page?  Go to...  click on the browsers View button > enlarge print is typical to enlarge from the browser.  DIB

CarmineD

Reply #18   Nov 3, 2008 1:22 pm
Thanks DIB:

Alas, you missed my point.  By imbedding your reply in my quote, readers may mistake your reply for mine.  Especially since it sounds like my constructive criticisms of your fave brand's products.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #19   Nov 3, 2008 3:49 pm
Is it true that animal or human hair sticks to the ball on the dyson ball machines,I think that a lot of static electricity is being built up on the housing do to that this is where the motor is.

This is especially noticed when on hardwood or tile flooring.

Looks like more R@D is needed,I thought these guys knew what they were doing?????????????????????

Good Day

MOLE
Replies: 10 - 19 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42