Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 291 - 300 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #291   Nov 2, 2008 5:07 pm
So tell us DIB:

Paranoia and conspiracy theories aside:  Did you say that HSN would launch the new dyson ball models awhile back, and did it? 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #292   Nov 2, 2008 8:00 pm
CarmineD wrote:
So tell us DIB:

Paranoia and conspiracy theories aside:  Did you say that HSN would launch the new dyson ball models awhile back, and did it? 

Carmine D.

Carmen,

I did post (in advance of the launch) one European patent application demonstrating the Root + Core filtration. I do watch for and follow Dyson on HSN. If and when I see new Dyson products on HSN's webpage I'll post of it here and possible launches. It is Motorhead who speaks of future Dyson products and loose time frames and not me.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #293   Nov 3, 2008 6:46 am
Thanks DIB:

I suspect it was wishful thinking on your part when you posted that HSN had dysons coming up for sale and opined that it might be the latest and greatest ball models.  Turned out to be the same old DC14 with some extras.  

BTW, BEST BUY stores launched a dyson Animal DC25 ball model in its Sunday newspaper supplement for $549.  Same as the All Floors model plus a turbo tool and purple color.  It will be a HARDSELL.  Don't know if it's an exclusive model for BB.  May be, since big box retailers will have even a HARDERSELL at the current price and hard times. 

Talking about hard times, the BB stock price is down over 50 percent from its yearly highs.  I hightlighted in red.  BTW, the numbers are in US dollars.

+2.27 (9.22%)
Oct 31 - Close
  Open: 25.30    Mkt Cap: 11.08B        Dividend: 0.14
  High: 27.07    52Wk High: 53.90     P/E: 13.63    Yield: 2.08
  Low: 24.61   52Wk Low: 20.00   Beta: 1.41    Shares: 412.33M
  Vol: 0.00    Avg Vol: 10.30M    EPS: 3.15    Inst. Own: 78%
After Hours: 24.61 -2.27 (-8.44%) - Oct 31, 5:13PM EDT

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #294   Nov 3, 2008 1:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks DIB:

I suspect it was wishful thinking on your part when you posted that HSN had dysons coming up for sale and opined that it might be the latest and greatest ball models.  Turned out to be the same old DC14 with some extras.  

BTW, BEST BUY stores launched a dyson Animal DC25 ball model in its Sunday newspaper supplement for $549.  Same as the All Floors model plus a turbo tool and purple color.  It will be a HARDSELL.  Don't know if it's an exclusive model for BB.  May be, since big box retailers will have even a HARDERSELL at the current price and hard times. 

Talking about hard times, the BB stock price is down over 50 percent from its yearly highs.  I hightlighted in red.  BTW, the numbers are in US dollars.

+2.27 (9.22%)
Oct 31 - Close
  Open: 25.30    Mkt Cap: 11.08B    
    Dividend: 0.14
  High: 27.07    52Wk High: 53.90     P/E: 13.63    Yield: 2.08
  Low: 24.61   52Wk Low: 20.00   Beta: 1.41    Shares: 412.33M
  Vol: 0.00    Avg Vol: 10.30M    EPS: 3.15    Inst. Own: 78%
After Hours: 24.61 -2.27 (-8.44%) - Oct 31, 5:13PM EDT

Carmine D.

Carmen,

$550 is a lot. So is the $500 Miele  S7 with its costs of the bags. I have not read all posts but have you complained or brought up the cost of the Miele S7 and the bag costs too? It seems only Dyson's are viewable on your radar?   DIB

CarmineD

Reply #295   Nov 3, 2008 1:20 pm
Hello DIB:

Nice diversion from discountinued dysons and dyson ball models not selling. 

When smart, informed buyers spend $500-$1000 on premium made vacuums that last 20 years, most will never quibble over $50-$75 a year for bags.  It's not even on their radar screen.

Now onto your fave brand:  Expensive bagless vacuums with costly filters and regular filter maintenence are a HARDSELL.  Add allergy and asthma sufferers with pets and it's MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.  Solution:  Bagged!   MIELE-S, RICCAR-S, SEBO-s, even ORECK--S.  Why?  For both health and wealth reasons.  Actually makes bagged MIELE-s and others easier to sell.  Add a 6 inch profile with maneuverabilty to boot.  Great for vacuuming under furniture without using tools.  Big time and effort saver.  Just like bags plus the added benefit of no health risk.  Do you really think these customers are worried about spending $15-$20 for a pack of bags several times a year?  Not even on their radar screen. 

The bag cost issue is what it is my friend:  Bagless brand marketing propaganda.  At best it works only once with a bagless vacuum purchase.  Even HARDSELL cashed in his 2 year old dyson for a bagged vacuum.  Case closed.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #296   Nov 3, 2008 4:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

When smart, informed buyers spend $500-$1000 on premium made vacuums that last 20 years, most will never quibble over $50-$75 a year for bags.  It's not even on their radar screen.

Now onto your fave brand:  Expensive bagless vacuums with costly filters and regular filter maintenence are a HARDSELL.  Add allergy and asthma sufferers with pets and it's MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.  Solution:  Bagged!   MIELE-S, RICCAR-S, SEBO-s, even ORECK--S.  Why?  For both health and wealth reasons.  Actually makes bagged MIELE-s and others easier to sell.  Add a 6 inch profile with maneuverabilty to boot.  Great for vacuuming under furniture without using tools.  Big time and effort saver.  Just like bags plus the added benefit of no health risk.  Do you really think these customers are worried about spending $15-$20 for a pack of bags several times a year?  Not even on their radar screen. 

The bag cost issue is what it is my friend:  Bagless brand marketing propaganda.  At best it works only once with a bagless vacuum purchase.  Even HARDSELL cashed in his 2 year old dyson for a bagged vacuum.  Case closed.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Smart people? A $500-$1000 vacuum purchase plus another $1000-$1500 in vacuum bags over 20 years is somehow smarter than purchasing a brand-new $500 Dyson every five years?

Health risk? You guys say there is no health risk in our carpets, that it's just dust, harmless dust?

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #297   Nov 3, 2008 4:25 pm
Dyson is reported as having more sales than the previous year...

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/3805379.Dyson_sales_soar_in_UK_rating/

HARDSELL

Reply #298   Nov 3, 2008 5:10 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Carmine D.

I think catlady is the only one to post on buying a new Miele.  She complained about a $2 cost in replacement bags over her initial bag purchase.  Your statement about the cost of bags not being an issue went out the door.

My Dyson was over 2 years old when I sold it.  Again you need to get your facts before spouting off.  BTW,  neither bagged vacuum that replaced the DC07 is equal in performance.  So before you rattle off I will tell you that as soon as I meet another vacuum salesman that wants to lose a bet that gets me a new Dyson I will once again own one.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #299   Nov 3, 2008 5:28 pm
 Dyson has been busy filing patents in Europe. Some of which are not vacuum related.    DIB

http://v3.espacenet.com/searchResults?locale=en_EP&PA=Dyson&ST=advanced&compact=false&DB=EPODOC&submitted=true

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #300   Nov 3, 2008 5:36 pm
Hello HARDSELL:

I almost gave up on you.  Your time away dulled your memory.  If you read CATLADY's final response on the matter here she says her health and pets are more important than the cost of the MIELE bags.  Her verdict: Her MIELE S7 is the winner over a bagless dyson.  BTW, read the vacuum reviews on this Site.  MIELE S7 is the winner for all posters not just CATLADY [aka Melanie MIELE].

You keep saying that the gifted refurb dyson you cashed out is better than the new bagged vacuum you bought with the proceeds.  But no new dyson, yet?   Why?  Are you still looking for another free refurb for hawking dysons here?  Like I told you:  Not going to happen!  Several retailers beat you too it.  And your name is mud with the dyson campers.  Posting here that you cashed in your dyson gift for a bagged vacuum?  What were you drinking?

No new Lexus gifted to you either.  Times are tough, my friend.  Toyota sales will be in the tank soon just like dyson sales.  You heard it from me first.  Ta Ta toyato.  

Carmine D.

Replies: 291 - 300 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42