Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 162 - 171 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #162   Oct 17, 2008 3:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Let me answer the question.  It's a good one. 

The benefit of science for every day consumers is the application of new technology [innovation] to make life easier and better: i.e higher standard of living.   [We can argue whether improving the standard of living is better since it makes people LAZY just as we can who was first to market with a shroud (Filter Queen/dyson).  But let's assume for talking purposes that increasing the living standard for society is better in this case].  If the majority of people can't afford the technology, what is the impact on society except as scientific theory?  If the technology is made affordable and practical [economics] and consumers embrace it, then you have a higher standard of living and progress. 

Now, are $400 plus for a household vacuum beyond most persons' family budgets, especially now?  How about $100-$250?  What's more affordable?  The latter, of course.  So, less expensive copies make products more affordable to everyone thereby increasing availability and the standard of living [progress].  It's' not who does it first, but who copies best and sells for less.  Economics at work in the market place after science leads the way.  Aren't both [Science and Economics] equally important for society to progress?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

We can argue who invented the shroud that is common place today, true.  Although mechanically the Health-More shroud cannot be demonstrated as having Dyson shroud benefits which is necessary and used by the global players today.

The Hoover Fusion (and its rebranding) use more-or-less a scaled down Health-Mor shroud which proves NOT to have Dyson shroud benefits.  The Fusion is demonstrated weekly on HSN and this conical shroud proves (weekly) to be an outright disaster (for user and for filtering).

DIB

Fusion on HSN...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th0sGJfUVx4

CarmineD

Reply #163   Oct 17, 2008 3:55 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

The Hoover Fusion (and its rebranding) use more-or-less a scaled down Health-Mor shroud which proves NOT to have Dyson shroud benefits.  The Fusion is demonstrated weekly on HSN and this conical shroud proves (weekly) to be an outright disaster (for user and for filtering).

DIB

Hello DIB:

The mere fact that the FUSION, 3 years after it's launch, still maintains its original MSRP of $119 on HSN, is a testament to its popularity.  Even after Consumer Reports!  BTW, it's time to update with the MACH 3-4-5-6, the FUSION successors.

Recall that Wal*Mart [and Sam's Club] contracted with HOOVER for the FUSION after Wal*Mart and dyson had its falling out.  HOOVER sourced the FUSION to VAX [TTI] to use the HOOVER name.  The FUSION/+ were produced and marketed quickly in the Summer of 2005 for $119.  One of WM's best vacuum sellers of all time. 

Three years after the FUSION, the bagless brands' shrouds have gotten even better while the prices are 1/4 to 1/2 that of dyson.  Consumers get the bagless benefits/technology [as you call it] for less with the knock-offs like the MACH-s, Whisper-s, BISSELL Healthy Home-s, etc.  Dyson gave all the competition enough time to produce less expensive knock-offs and market in all the big box retail stores.  With hard economic times into the foreseeable future, the knock-offs will sell more and dysons won't.  Especially at the big box retail stores with inexperienced store staffs that can't sell the high priced dysons like the expert independent vacuum store owners/operators.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 17, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #164   Oct 18, 2008 2:59 pm
Carmine,

I’m glad you agree.  The Health-Mor conical shield or screen simply fails compared to the self-cleaning Dyson screen (shroud),

Dyson created an entirely new market (low w/ high efeicency cyclonic) and has since found himself competing against his own technologies (the Dual Cyclone and multi-cyclone).  And as illustrated, (the Fusion) the conical is comical and complete rubbish.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #165   Oct 18, 2008 4:03 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I’m glad you agree.  The Health-Mor conical shield or screen simply fails compared to the self-cleaning Dyson screen (shroud),

Dyson created an entirely new market (low w/ high efeicency cyclonic) and has since found himself competing against his own technologies (the Dual Cyclone and multi-cyclone).  And as illustrated, (the Fusion) the conical is comical and complete rubbish.

DIB

DIB:

Before you pat yourself on the back because I agree with just one of your observations, don't ignore the rest of my post.  The shrouds AND performance of today's bagless upright dyson knock-offs like the VAX, MACH, Whisper and BISSELL Healthy Home are just as good as dyson, IMHO.  These makes/models are considerably less expensive than dysons.   AND the reason these knock-offs are multiplying and selling at all the big box retail stores while dysons are sitting on the shelves collecting dust. 

MIELE on the contrary MAY fare much better than dyson with the new S7 line in big box retail stores.  Why?  What is the high end vacuum bagged competition for MIELE in the bb retail stores?  AND,  MIELE has an established name and rep for vacuums and household appliances.  Consumers know the value of the MIELE brand name.  It sells itself.  MIELE-s don't need an expert vacuum sales person to demo and close the MIELE sale at a big box store, like is the case with a $400 plus dyson.  Typically, MIELE vacuum customers are repeat MIELE buyers and pass down/gift away the old MIELE.  No need for trade-in.  Dyson?  I've not heard the repeat buy stats.  Do you know what they are?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 18, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #166   Oct 20, 2008 5:51 pm
&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;BR&amp;gt;&lt;BR&gt;<BR><SPAN CLASS="quotedmessageheader">CarmineD wrote:</SPAN><BR><DIV CLASS="quotedmessage">DIB:&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Before you pat yourself on the back because I agree with just one of your observations, don't ignore the rest of my post.  The shrouds AND performance of today's bagless upright dyson knock-offs like the VAX, MACH, Whisper and BISSELL Healthy Home are just as good as dyson, IMHO.  These makes/models are considerably less expensive than dysons.   AND the reason these knock-offs are multiplying and selling at all the big box retail stores while dysons are sitting on the shelves collecting dust.  &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;MIELE on the contrary MAY fare much better than dyson with the new S7 line in big box retail stores.  Why?  What is the high end vacuum bagged competition for MIELE in the bb retail stores?  AND,  MIELE has an established name and rep for vacuums and household appliances.  Consumers know the value of the MIELE brand name.  It sells itself.  MIELE-s don't need an expert vacuum sales person to demo and close the MIELE sale at a big box store, like is the case with a $400 plus dyson.  Typically, MIELE vacuum customers are repeat MIELE buyers and pass down/gift away the old MIELE.  No need for trade-in.  Dyson?  I've not heard the repeat buy stats.  Do you know what they are?&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;p<BR><BR>&amp;amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;lt;BR<BR><BR

Carmine,

You do the rope-a-dope when you're put on the spot. I have never backed down from yours or Moles baiting. I like a challenge. Sometimes I have to think for a while before answering the “bait”. But I do answer. And sometimes I do not have the free time to answer the many statements, but I try to “go after” the most pertinent or something I have an answer to. Hey, you never answered my CR question of... Is Consumer Reports (w/ vacuum testing) Science, Laughable or both?

The many variations of Dyson technologies that have been reversed engineered or copied (Dyson’s many expired patents) are indeed successful; in dollars, in sales and in the eyes of the end users. Dyson will need to re-think his floating nozzle arrangement if he wants to out-perform his own technologies (used by competing manufacturers) at Consumer Reports, Which and Better Homes and Gardens (they do their own testing too).

The Miele “swivel” launching[?] at Best Buy is an obvious attempt to siphon off or profit from Dyson proving out another segment... the Dyson “steerable’s”. Like leeches, Miele and Hoover Uk wait for Dyson to spend the big money on television advertising and only then do they launch their swivels. Dyson invented steerable’s, Miele and Hoover UK have unpatentable swivelables.

DIB
This message was modified Oct 23, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

HARDSELL

Reply #167   Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
&amp;amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;BR&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;BR&amp;gt;&lt;BR&gt;<BR>

Carmine,

You do the rope-a-dope when you're put on the spot.DIB
Carmine dances around more than  a penniless man at a pay toilet.

CarmineD

Reply #168   Oct 20, 2008 8:38 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

The Miele “swivel” launching[?] at Best Buy is an obvious attempt to siphon off or profit from Dyson proving out another segment... the Dyson “steerable’s”. Like leaches, Miele and Hoover Uk wait for Dyson to spend the big money on television advertising and only then do they launch their swivels. Dyson invented steerable’s, Miele and Hoover UK have unpatentable swivelables.

DIB

Hello DIB:

I was at a BEST BUY store here in Las Vegas and did not see/hear of the new MIELE S7 launch.  May be due to the fact that the Appliance Associate at BB relocated from another department and is just learning the ropes.  Also of note since my visit in April 2008, the floor space for vacuums is substantially downsized.  And all the display vacuums, which have been significantly culled since my last visit, are plugged in and ready for buyers to use. 

MIELE is a top tier bagged, high end, premium made vacuum with a well known reputation for German made quality.   The vacuum industry agrees that MIELE-s last on an average of 20 years.  If and when MIELE S7 makes a presence in BEST BUY stores, and any others, it should sell itself with little or no need for the sales staff intercessions. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 20, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #169   Oct 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Carmine,

You do the rope-a-dope when you're put on the spot. I have never backed down from yours or Moles baiting. I like a challenge.  DIB
HS wrote:
Carmine dances around more than  a penniless man at a pay toilet.

Hi Guys:

If your facts were right, you wouldn't need to fight........

But alas, all the untruths you tell, are as old and bad as ........H-E-double hockey sticks. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 20, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #170   Oct 21, 2008 5:34 am
CarmineD wrote:

Hello DIB:

I was at a BEST BUY store here in Las Vegas and did not see/hear of the new MIELE S7 launch.  May be due to the fact that the Appliance Associate at BB relocated from another department and is just learning the ropes.  Also of note since my visit in April 2008, the floor space for vacuums is substantially downsized.  And all the display vacuums, which have been significantly culled since my last visit, are plugged in and ready for buyers to use. 

MIELE is a top tier bagged, high end, premium made vacuum with a well known reputation for German made quality.   The vacuum industry agrees that MIELE-s last on an average of 20 years.  If and when MIELE S7 makes a presence in BEST BUY stores, and any others, it should sell itself with little or no need for the sales staff intercessions. 

Carmine D.

I am always amused when people talk of European quality.  All they have to do is over price their products and Americans assume it is the best. 
CarmineD

Reply #171   Oct 21, 2008 6:57 am
HARDSELL wrote:

I am always amused when people talk of European quality.  All they have to do is over price their products and Americans assume it is the best. 

Hello HS:

Ironic that a former dyson user like yourself should raise this point.  It's a good point and not necessarily attributed to Americans alone.  Japanese buyers are notorious for this misconception and they are big spenders on new gadgets and gimmickry.  To your credit my friend you didn't buy your dyson.  It was a gift you used for several years and then sold.

Price high, use subtle comparisons with veteran industry leaders, throw in a false claim, maybe a new gimmick and voila: The makings of an excellent product marketing strategy.  Especially for new brands/products that don't have a track record.  

However, if the present global economic malaise doesn't, time/experience will correct the misguided perceptions.  The reality sets in and the erroneous notions disappear.  Consumers are stuck with fair to average performing products for years because of their high prices [and their gullibility].   

MIELE has a well deserved reputation for quality canisters.  No doubt the German engineering and fastidiousness to the minor seemingly unimportant details [like the bags and filters].  Time will tell if this translates and transfers to its new line of uprights.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 21, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 162 - 171 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42