Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux Ergorapido

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hbw248

Electrolux Ergorapido
Original Message   Oct 6, 2008 11:44 pm
Has anyone seen the new Ergorapido from Electrolux? It apparently is replacing the cordless Pronto 2 in 1 stick vac.  I was just in Costco today purchasing a Nikon and ran across this new version. Couldn't resist buying one for $89.00.

There are several improvements including a 12 volt battery, an improved brush/roll and advanced filter system. The brush roll has much heavier brushes verse the combo rubber strip and wimpy soft brush of the old Pronto 2 in 1. The brush roll assembly now removes quicker with a snap of a single button. No coin slot to rotate like on the Pronto.

The filter assembly now  has a spring loaded plunger you grasp and pull up to help dislodge debris that gets caught between the nylon mesh and fine filter. I haven't had a chance to fully charge it yet but I can tell you it has substantially more suction and larger fan than the Pronto. Suction is double of the old model.. even without a full charge yet!  

The color is now a gun metal metallic. One nice touch is soft ergo non-slip rubber material on the rear of the handle. The vac still separates from the stick for use like a dust-buster... except the switch has been improved from the old momentary spring loaded type to a constant on switch. Nice touch! The dust bin also removes easily with rubberized grips that depress and unlock for improved removal. Since it now moves substantially more air, additional venting has been added to the rear of the power unit in addition to increasing the front venting as well. 

Almost forgot, it now has two accessory tools, i.e. a separate crevice and dusting brush that each independently snap into the end of the intake opening. The tools store right inside the charging dock. The two speed switch is now a rocker type instead of a slider. You'll also note the fan depth and intake opening are double that of the Pronto for improved suction and air flow.  Very nice unit!

So far I'm very impressed with this new updated model and the color change is refreshing over that nasty burnt orange I never liked.

Bruce

This message was modified Oct 7, 2008 by hbw248
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42