Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk
Original Message   Aug 4, 2008 3:49 pm
The 'Freedom' and 'Slalom' uprights, and the 'Xarion' cylinder cleaner. All employ 'Airvolution' technology.

You'll have to wander about the Argos site yourselves, as I can't be bothered battling with the silly formatting of pictures on this forum, and the website linking didn't work either.

Replies: 68 - 77 of 116Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk
Reply #68   Oct 5, 2008 1:19 pm
Just something to think about,since T.T.I. owns HOOVER and many dyson parts are T.T.I. made,does anyone believe that DYSON and T.T.I. are working jointly and HOOVER is part of the mix. Lets face it T.T.I is bigger than DYSON and HOOVER together.Its well know that dysons parts are outsoursed from T.T.I and others.

If using your thinking D.I.B would you go as far as saying DYSON stole the motor technology from rainbow/rexair thats been using the brusless motor computor controlled system since the E2 2 speed came out 5 years ago?????????????

MOLE

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #69   Oct 5, 2008 3:50 pm
The new Hoover UK advert has been on for the Airvolution Slalom.

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #70   Oct 5, 2008 4:18 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

The site is not functioning.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #71   Oct 5, 2008 5:41 pm
mole wrote:
Just something to think about,since T.T.I. owns HOOVER and many dyson parts are T.T.I. made,does anyone believe that DYSON and T.T.I. are working jointly and HOOVER is part of the mix. Lets face it T.T.I is bigger than DYSON and HOOVER together.Its well know that dysons parts are outsoursed from T.T.I and others.

If using your thinking D.I.B would you go as far as saying DYSON stole the motor technology from rainbow/rexair thats been using the brusless motor computor controlled system since the E2 2 speed came out 5 years ago?????????????

MOLE

Mole,

Dyson is no fan of China taking American and British jobs.  I do not see where Dyson needs TTI or wants this.  A British backlash would be huge, he is an icon in the UK, he is much more than a manufacturer, aligning with a Chinese company would hurt him (IMO).

The DDM does 100,000 plus revolutions per minute, I know little of this Rainbow motor, but the lack of talk makes me believe Rainbow was out-invented.  And per the article Moose posted, James Dyson has even made his DDM smaller, which should shrink the size and weight of vacuums too.  The DDM vacuums price points are brutal, he needs to get his price down to sell more main stream (sell more product, IMO).        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #72   Oct 5, 2008 5:50 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Mole,

Dyson is no fan of China taking American and British jobs.  I do not see where Dyson needs TTI or wants this.  A British backlash would be huge, he is an icon in the UK, he is much more than a manufacturer, aligning with a Chinese company would hurt him (IMO).

DIB

Excuse me for chiming in here.  I have a few questions for you to consider/reconsider based on your above post.  You don't have to answer in a post, if you don't want. 

What do you consider Malays/Malaysia? 

Why do you think dyson's Engineering High School is getting the bureacratic blockade by the UK authorities and has since dyson announced its plans in 2005?  Wasn't it supposed to be done by now? 

Why has dyson's market share waned since 2004?  What is it now?  25 percent? 

If that's the way the UK and the Brits treat their national icons, then it's no wonder the American founding fathers broke away from the good King in 1776.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 5, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #73   Oct 5, 2008 10:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Excuse me for chiming in here.  I have a few questions for you to consider/reconsider based on your above post.  You don't have to answer in a post, if you don't want. 

What do you consider Malays/Malaysia? 

You do not see the difference between the two?  A nameless factory that supplies cheap labor versus the Chinese government sponsored TTI (possibly) purchasing popular brands and all the leverage and damage to economies it can cause?  TTI states on the front page of their web site that they intend to be the worlds largest vacuum manufacturer.  I say and their Whisper vacuum’s price point says they want to destroy competition and local economies.  Dyson is not in a suicidal mood, but has a clear head.  I have never heard of him having a “seek and destroy” mentality.  But instead he wants a “good go” with competitors who can actually invent interesting things.

Why do you think dyson's Engineering High School is getting the bureacratic blockade by the UK authorities and has since dyson announced its plans in 2005?  Wasn't it supposed to be done by now? 

A few reasons...  Like here, many in Britain are jealous of Dyson.  And unfortunately for both sides (pro Dyson school and con) the building of the school would change the look of this town as well bring perhaps world wide attention to this town.  Most all, even Dyson stanchest opponents believe their country would benefit with the Dyson School of Innovation.  Many in Government want this school and many cities have reached out to Dyson for him to consider building such a school in their fine cities.

Why has dyson's market share waned since 2004?  What is it now?  25 percent?

We have discussed this many months ago...  Since the bagless segment is the fastest growing segment in the UK and France and since Dyson is not the supplier of all these bagless vacuums.  The common sense is Dyson is competing against his own discoveries.  Weather it is from knock-offs who have both low and high filtration and knock-offs who attempt to fool folks with their clear bin and choking paper filtered vacuum.  Either way, it is this Dyson segment... aka the bagless segment that is the fastest growing.  Certainly the bagless segment/James Dyson segment (market share) is staggering and bigger than anything anyone could imagine.

If that's the way the UK and the Brits treat their national icons, then it's no wonder the American founding fathers broke away from the good King in 1776.

You ought to read up on the facts of the school, you will be better informed.  I’d like to discuss the Dyson School of Innovation with you, just as soon as you become better informed.        DIB

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #74   Oct 6, 2008 7:12 am
Hello MOLE/DIB:

The Chinese are Asians.  Malays are southeast Asians.  Malaysian labor costs are one-third less than the UK.  James uses contract personnel to build dysons not employees.  Why?  Doesn't have to pay health costs, payroll taxes, and retirement benefits.  James got approval from the dyson Board [in a late night meeting on April 30] to withdrew $289 MILLION the day before the UK capital gains tax increased by 8 percent.  Why?  To avoid paying higher taxes to the UK.  National Icon?    

MOLE, your point is well made and taken.  Vacuum makers HAVE TO work together to survive especially in the present times.  Again, as above with the move to Malaysia, dyson is no different.  Where better and else for dyson to look for outsourcing than TTI?  The largest vacuum maker in the world.  Lest DIB believes all the dyson parts are home grown? 

I am not as informed as you DIB on all things dyson like the school.  Save what you and others post here.   But, not all here and in the UK view James Dyson as a national icon, like you DIB.  A savvy business man!  Evidence the above: Malmesbury to Malaysia, $289 MILLION late night withdrawal, parts outsourcing, and contract labor staff.  

The UK dyson backlash is real.  Witness too the recent ASA rulings [you posted them here DIB].  Decisions against dyson by a UK based ruling authority.  

Consumer Reports' ratings of dysons, while important in the USA, is not the problem/issue for the significant new dyson sales declines in the UK.  Dyson backlash is. 

Excellent timing for HOOVER UK to intro new bagless vacuum competition.  Coincidence too that it coincides with HOOVER's 100th Anniversary.  Timing is everything!  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 6, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #75   Oct 6, 2008 1:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello MOLE/DIB:

The Chinese are Asians.  Malays are southeast Asians.  Malaysian labor costs are one-third less than the UK.  James uses contract personnel to build dysons not employees.  Why?  Doesn't have to pay health costs, payroll taxes, and retirement benefits.  James got approval from the dyson Board [in a late night meeting on April 30] to withdrew $289 MILLION the day before the UK capital gains tax increased by 8 percent.  Why?  To avoid paying higher taxes to the UK.  National Icon?    

MOLE, your point is well made and taken.  Vacuum makers HAVE TO work together to survive especially in the present times.  Again, as above with the move to Malaysia, dyson is no different.  Where better and else for dyson to look for outsourcing than TTI?  The largest vacuum maker in the world.  Lest DIB believes all the dyson parts are home grown? 

I am not as informed as you DIB on all things dyson like the school.  Save what you and others post here.   But, not all here and in the UK view James Dyson as a national icon, like you DIB.  A savvy business man!  Evidence the above: Malmesbury to Malaysia, $289 MILLION late night withdrawal, parts outsourcing, and contract labor staff.  

The UK dyson backlash is real.  Witness too the recent ASA rulings [you posted them here DIB].  Decisions against dyson by a UK based ruling authority.  

Consumer Reports' ratings of dysons, while important in the USA, is not the problem/issue for the significant new dyson sales declines in the UK.  Dyson backlash is. 

Excellent timing for HOOVER UK to intro new bagless vacuum competition.  Coincidence too that it coincides with HOOVER's 100th Anniversary.  Timing is everything!  

Carmine D.

Take it easy Carmine, you’ll blow a gasket.  In the beginning, Dyson the tinkerer knew less than many vacuum repair men, but it was his belief system (faith) that made him a billionaire.  Nice guys do finish first... he remains a nice, giving fellow too.  Jealous?        DIB

Venson

Reply #76   Oct 6, 2008 1:34 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Take it easy Carmine, you’ll blow a gasket.  In the beginning, Dyson the tinkerer knew less than many vacuum repair men, but it was his belief system (faith) that made him a billionaire.  Nice guys do finish first... he remains a nice, giving fellow too.  Jealous?        DIB

Lord, please make us all billionaires so we can be nice too.

Amen,

Venson

DysonInventsBig

Reply #77   Oct 6, 2008 2:29 pm
Venson wrote:
Lord, please make us all billionaires so we can be nice too.

Amen,

Venson

I wrote nice guys can do well and in that order, did I not?

DIB

Replies: 68 - 77 of 116Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42