Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Mister_Bojack

Miele S5 bags
Original Message   Aug 8, 2008 10:19 pm
Did I remember an issue with the bags for the S5 in which they would burst, or had a weak spot because of the suction? I thought I had read this before in the old forum. I'm asking because I just bought a used machine and under the HEPA filter it's filthy. I'm wondering if the bag broke previously, or if things normally accumulate under the filter?
This message was modified Aug 8, 2008 by Mister_Bojack
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
hbw248

Re: Miele S5 bags
Reply #6   Sep 1, 2008 9:13 pm
Hi Mike,

I believe it may have been me that mentioned some time ago that hair was protruding through the first generation IntensiveClean bags. Since the newest IntensiveClean Plus bags came out, the problem has been eliminated. They now have reinforcement material right below the intake of the bag (the area most prone to damage from incoming debris).

The IntensiveClean Plus bags are the best I've seen in any vacuum on the market at retaining fine dust with almost no air flow restriction... even when nearly 100% full. It amazes me how clean the bag compartment stays, bag after bag.

Bruce

CarmineD

Re: Miele S5 bags
Reply #7   Sep 2, 2008 8:54 am
Hello Bruce:

Thank you for the update on the Miele bags.  Assuring to read your comments about the Miele IntensiveClean Plus [patented] filter bags.   Miele writes the same as you've concluded about its IntensiveClean Plus bags.  When we read the manufacturer's claims, even Miele's, we tend, based on the nature of the vacuum industry, to be a tad bit suspicious.  It's always more assuring when we read the conclusions of users which verify the vaildity of the maker's claims.

Carmine D.

Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42