Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson MotorLight
Original Message   Aug 15, 2008 6:40 am

Here’s something new from the Dyson family, as in Jake Dyson, son of James.

http://www.jakedyson.com/

Fitting into the interior lighting category of products, it proclaims to be the world’s first uplighter with a variable angle beam – much like you can twist to adjust the beam of a maglite torch from spot to flood.

As well as being manually adjustable, it has a small motor which can cycle through the beam angles.

Available in a range of colours, as part of a limited run of 500 units at 495 GBP.

Personally, I’ll be waiting until the day they sell a lower range, mass market version!

This message was modified Aug 15, 2008 by M00seUK
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson MotorLight
Reply #1   May 25, 2009 2:07 pm

This message was modified May 25, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #2   May 25, 2009 2:19 pm
Another bright idea from the innovative person and company that produced the wheel barrow with a ball [that tipped over with a load] and then tried two times to adopt to vacuum cleaners, a contra rotating washing machine that sold 1700 units in 2004 before it was pulled of the market in 2005, a restroom/home hand drier that's so expensive to buy/sell that it's almost extinct in usage even in the UK; a hand held cordless vacuum for $200 that can't run more than 5 minutes at a time and a miniature canister vacuum with a 9 inch power nozzle for $800 that may never make it to any market except the Japanese.  What's next on the roll out for laughs? 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #3   May 25, 2009 3:18 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Another bright idea from the innovative person and company that produced the wheel barrow with a ball [that tipped over with a load] and then tried two times to adopt to vacuum cleaners, a contra rotating washing machine that sold 1700 units in 2004 before it was pulled of the market in 2005, a restroom/home hand drier that's so expensive to buy/sell that it's almost extinct in usage even in the UK; a hand held cordless vacuum for $200 that can't run more than 5 minutes at a time and a miniature canister vacuum with a 9 inch power nozzle for $800 that may never make it to any market except the Japanese.  What's next on the roll out for laughs? 

Carmine D.

Must be you again.  The one who has accomplished nothing more than being a jealous, self righteous critic of those who have accomplished much and contributed back to mankind.
Venson

Reply #4   May 25, 2009 3:22 pm
This is even cooler -- a 13 watt LED lightbulb with lumens to match a regular 100 watt incandescent bulb. Expensive for now ($80.00) but longlasting and they work. This is what the world needs.

http://www.earthtechproducts.com/led-bulb.html

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #5   May 26, 2009 6:51 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Must be you again.  The one who has accomplished nothing more than being a jealous, self righteous critic of those who have accomplished much and contributed back to mankind.

Like Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates.  Some of my favorites and wonderful generous people who give much back to the world and its people.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #6   May 26, 2009 7:25 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Again twisting HS.  Like it or not dyson has had more than it's share of major retail flops in its short life cycle in the USA.  You and others who work/promote dyson's products on the consumer forum boards can't get around these facts anymore with fancy foot work and words.  It's too late.  The jury is no longer out.  It's in. And the verdict is not favoroable for dyson.

CArmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #7   May 26, 2009 7:41 am
Venson wrote:
This is even cooler -- a 13 watt LED lightbulb with lumens to match a regular 100 watt incandescent bulb. Expensive for now ($80.00) but longlasting and they work. This is what the world needs.

http://www.earthtechproducts.com/led-bulb.html

Venson

gotta say i do like them...realy nice..i see that  l.e.d lighting is pretty new in the home and have noticed some of the led lights on clearence at wally world..have come close to buying some floods as indoor accent lighting...but  i kinda wondering why on clearence...yet new to the market...i asked the older gentieman about them....but he just a body to fill a spot at the register...whatever happened to ...know more about your product than your customer...or have an idea about what u sell...you know,,just in case your asked a question.
Venson

Reply #8   May 26, 2009 8:20 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
gotta say i do like them...realy nice..i see that  l.e.d lighting is pretty new in the home and have noticed some of the led lights on clearence at wally world..have come close to buying some floods as indoor accent lighting...but  i kinda wondering why on clearence...yet new to the market...i asked the older gentieman about them....but he just a body to fill a spot at the register...whatever happened to ...know more about your product than your customer...or have an idea about what u sell...you know,,just in case your asked a question.

Mornin' retardturtle1,

The LED lightbulb is a great idea but needs to come more into the public awareness -- just about the same as the flourescent compact bulb. It not only casts bright light but saves money. However, at least I think this is the case, its makers are trying to make as much as possible on their investment up front.

Apparently there's been further thought about this as the site the link leads to had this bulb at a substantially higher price when I last looked. No matter how wonderful something is it equals zilch if no one buys it.

Best,

Venson
retardturtle1

Reply #9   May 26, 2009 11:41 am
hi venson...,,,,      ur right...its all about the money in the end.....but i gotta say i like the color of the light the led puts out...not too fond of the flours..kinda reminds me of a long overly lit secluded hallway in a hospital....but i have been thinking of getting a couple of those led  mr series floods  and putting them in my vacs....and let them guide me on my quest for clean...hmmm.
This message was modified May 26, 2009 by retardturtle1
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42