Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Arm & Hammer "Fresh Ins" . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Arm & Hammer "Fresh Ins" . . .
Original Message   Aug 7, 2008 10:57 am
Good morning all,

I just came across what appears to be a press release regarding, Fresh Ins packets that contain scented baking soda crystals.  Arm & Hammer already produces a bunch of deodorizing disposable bags plus filters for many brands of vacs.  The claim in regard to Fresh Ins is that the product can be dumped into any vacuum, bagged or bagless, to neutralize pet odor and has twice the dedorizing power of Arm & Hammer's bags.  Per the article, the packets sell for about $2.50 for nine packets. Link is here -- http://www.courant.com/features/home/hc-faqpetfresh.artaug06,0,7643952.story?track=rss

Nice idea but I also liked the company provision for info through its "Jill's Secret Solutions" page -- http://armandhammer.com/default.aspx?ITEMID=4  There are all sorts of tips on how to use just plain old cheap baking soda around the house.

One of Jill's ideas is to go directly to the source and give dogs a deodorizing dry bath, sprinkle it on-brush it out, with baking soda.  I also suggest IF you have a quiet vacuum with hose, try vacuuming Rover.  DO NOT use tools with moving parts like air-powered turbo tools, etc.  DO USE a straight suction upholstery tool or dusting brush with the suction relief open or motor speed reduced and stay away from your animals ears and head. 

Your cat or dog of course has to go for the idea and it should not be forced on them.  However, if you've got an animal that likes a thrill, the feel of cool air pulling through its fur as you give it a going over is quite enjoyable.  I remember that my dog began to fall out on the floor waiting to be done with the bare floor tool just about every time I turned the cleaner on.  This is also helpful in that the fur and dandruff you dislodge goes straight into the vacuum. Regular grooming of any kind may help reduce reduce the amount of shed hair and dander you have to tackle come cleaning day.

Best,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42