Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Considering the Simplicity Synergy...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
techphet

Considering the Simplicity Synergy...
Original Message   Jul 24, 2008 7:12 pm
I started the thread about lead cleanup and the Eureka sealed-HEPA system...

I'm now looking at spending the extra dollars to purchase the Simplicity Synergy.  The price tag alone makes me worry that the Eureka sealed HEPA isn't as impressive as the marketing makes it sound.

Again, I know a vacuum cleaner alone isn't a solution to a lead-paint chipping problem but I am venturing to guess that the right vacuum cleaner (with a sealed HEPA system) will improve the situation while the wrong vacuum cleaner (an inexpensive Bissell or Eureka) may actually make the situation worse. 

I cringe to think that every time I'm vacuuming I'm just blowing more lead dust up into the air and making the environment more hazardous than it was to begin with.

The Simplicity salesman I spoke with told me that the Synergy air filtration was "hospital grade."  I also remember reading on here that "hospital grade" is not necessarily a good thing.  Can anyone elaborate on this?

Is $700 a reasonable price for a Synergy (this is marked down $200 with a trade-in). 

I've seen the Minuteman Lead HEPA for $625 here.  Any opinions on if the filtration of the Synergy would be equal to or better than this Minuteman Lead HEPA?

I also forgot to ask the Simplicity salesman about canister vacuums- would these be less expensive?

He did confirm that a bagless vacuum is not the way to go- I will not be purchasing one of these.

Thanks again,

Tech
Replies: 39 - 48 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Considering the Simplicity Synergy...
Reply #39   Aug 3, 2008 7:05 am
mole wrote:
I stand by my statement that this was done on purpose,How come techs picture did not show the whole bag coupling [take a look], then M.H. tries to appease me by promoting the perfect lux and its vitrues,and what a great machine it is,[HE THINKS HES MY BUDDY],

Now H.S. thinks its another dyson thread.

Is that the best you guys can do.........................

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

This has had me perplexed too.  Even tho Tech's pic is cropped and not the best view of the Verve bag, there is no bag holder coupling to be seen anywhere on the Verve.  As Mike W. points out and the Verve User Manual says, the Verve bag compartment cover will not close if there is no bag installed/if the bag is installed incorrectly.  If there were a hole(s) in the Verve bag [also Mike's point], Tech would have seen it when he looked in.  Could be the hole is on the underside of the bag? Then, the fail safe switch would have shut-off the motor [your point MOLE]. 

None of these safety features worked and/or happened?  Bag installed before.  Verve is pristine inside before using.  Bag compartment cover closed properly.  Appears to be no holes in the bag [at least so far according to David Tech].  Fail safe switch did not engage. 

Something most definitely is awry!  I can't put my finger on it right now but once David Tech and the store owner/operator have a mutual meeting of the minds about the Verve, and Tech reports back here [Tuesday], we should know more.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 3, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #40   Aug 3, 2008 7:15 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi MOLE:

This has had me perplexed too.  Even tho Tech's pic is cropped and not the best view of the bag, there is no bag coupling to be seen anywhere.  As Mike W. points out and the User Manual says, the bag compartment cover will not close if there is no bag installed/if the bag is installed incorrectly.  Something most definitely is awry!

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,the bag coupling or bag bracket,was removed i have seen this done by dealers to make the competitions vacuum look bad.And yes the lid will close when the brackets not there.

I said i smell a RAT,and i stand behind my statement.TECHS more than likely a MY-ELLIE dealer,or worse has a beef with tacony.........

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #41   Aug 3, 2008 7:21 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,the bag coupling or bag bracket,was removed i have seen this done by dealers to make the competitions vacuum look bad.And yes the lid will close when the brackets not there.

I said i smell a RAT,and i stand behind my statement.TECHS more than likely a MY-ELLIE dealer,or worse has a beef with tacony.........

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

I have heard of instances of this happening too: Tampering with the bag holder bracket so dirt spews into the vacuum's bag compartment.  The seller, trying to push another brand, says the dirt leakage will toast the motor in time.

The facts and the truth will eventually come out.  They always do!

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #42   Aug 3, 2008 7:48 am
ALLS QUIET ON THE DYSON FRONT. WHAT HAPPENED.

BUT,BUT,OUR CYCLONES NEVER MOVE OR GET CLOGGED UP, OH O.K. DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER NOW, YOU FAILURE, BY THE WAY HOWS THE WHEELBARROW SELLING?

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #43   Aug 3, 2008 7:51 am
mole wrote:
..............BY THE WAY HOWS THE WHEELBARROW SELLING?

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

I think it was called a ball barrow.  Last I read and heard, these are no longer produced and sold in the UK!  Not sure the reason. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #44   Aug 3, 2008 7:55 am
YES Carmine,i meant the BALLBARROW.

I heard they sold the ball technology to the N.B.A. something to do with a high tech color scheme,,,,,,,,,,,,

MOLE
HARDSELL

Reply #45   Aug 3, 2008 8:58 am
mole wrote:
I stand by my statement that this was done on purpose,How come techs picture did not show the whole bag coupling [take a look], then M.H. tries to appease me by promoting the perfect lux and its vitrues,and what a great machine it is,[HE THINKS HES MY BUDDY],

Now H.S. thinks its another dyson thread.

Is that the best you guys can do.........................

MOLE

No, we could do much better if we lied as you do.
mole

Reply #46   Aug 3, 2008 9:08 am
H.S. outrite lie on purpose?I dont have to.

If i sent you a new sanitaire for free would you sell it and keep the money????????????????

mole
HARDSELL

Reply #47   Aug 3, 2008 9:53 am
mole wrote:
H.S. outrite lie on purpose?I dont have to.

If i sent you a new sanitaire for free would you sell it and keep the money????????????????

mole

What does that have to do with lieing?
Venson

Reply #48   Aug 3, 2008 10:55 am
CarmineD wrote:

Sounds like the Miele, which you were never very keen on, has made a true believer and convert of you.  I'm not the least bit surprised you are impressed by it.

Carmine D.

Howdy Carmine,

I have not been keen on Miele more due to price than ability.  Yes, I like mine very much but only purchased it because I had a little mad money on hand to allow the purchase.  That said I am happy to relate what I feel the machine can do but still feel great caution is called for in recommending it over less costly but good canister vacs.  There's no such thing as a "be all, end all" vacuum.  I feel the same about Kirby, a knockout rug cleaner.  It does a great job but just costs too much.  There are lots of vacuums that would be nice buy but there are comparable alternates for less money.  Meaning -- there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

You can set out on the road to anywhere you choose in either a Mercedes or an old Ford pick-up and still make your destination.  The issue basically lies in the level of comfort, ease and safety either vehicle affords your travel.  However, though the ideal might be the Mercedes -- or so we're told -- not all of us could afford one and would have to set our aim for something less when the thing that counts is getting there.

Best,

Venson

Replies: 39 - 48 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42