Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Your Choice for a Built-in System

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Your Choice for a Built-in System
Original Message   Jul 23, 2008 1:14 pm
Were debating whether to carry built in systems. It is not our expertise but we are being asked if we carry them. Soooo what would be your choice of ONE brand to carry if you did and what would be you "go to model" for a recommendation. We have noticed that people who come in and say they HATE their system usually have the "builders cheepo special" and the ones who like their system have the most expensive ones. Sorry this post doesn't have anything to do with Dyson? LOL
Replies: 24 - 33 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Your Choice for a Built-in System
Reply #24   Jul 26, 2008 8:20 am
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

If you can and have read the thread, you'll note I posted a relevant response, unlike you.  So I earned a place on this thread and deserve to be here.

Obvious to most on this thread, your motive is to to lock it because your brand/you have not of value to add.  Good luck, my friend.  You can dance this one solo.

Carmine D.

Like I said, you have nose trouble.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #25   Jul 26, 2008 8:27 am
Actually considering its age and the number of times my ring opponents hit it, my nose works very well. Thank you for your concern.  

I have a nose for the truth.  And my nose knows the truth about you DIB.  Lucky1 says that your MO (is it a paying job?) is to keep your fave brand on the google search page front and center!  He nailed you.  He's right on the money! 

He gotcha, my friend!  All your future dances will be alone. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 26, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #26   Jul 26, 2008 10:14 am
CarmineD wrote:
Actually considering its age and the number of times my ring opponents hit it, my nose works very well. Thank you for your concern.  

I have a nose for the truth.  And my nose knows the truth about you DIB.  Lucky1 says that your MO (is it a paying job?) is to keep your fave brand on the google search page front and center!  He nailed you.  He's right on the money! 

He gotcha, my friend!  All your future dances will be alone. 

Carmine D.

Your MO is to bash Dyson regardless of the thread topic.  I can't think of a single brand that you have not compared to Dyson.

I suppose that is only natural since Dyson is the standard for others to follow (copy).

Lucky1

Reply #27   Jul 26, 2008 11:03 am
Since, as I mentioned, it's not my expertise, I will have to look for an Installer.

Are there any really important question I need to ask them, other than references?

Any Brands that you would definitely avoid?

Do all Budd vacs have a smaller dimension hose? Any others.

Any insite is greatly appreciated. Please forgive my ignorance. I only had a Mentor for a short time and nothing on CVS (it is hard to learn on your own).

Thanks
CarmineD

Reply #28   Jul 26, 2008 2:51 pm
Hello Lucky1:

The CVS installers will be of two types and/or a combination of both:  First, the CVS that are put in during the home construction and their pricing structure.  Second, the CVS that are put in after the homes are built and their pricing structure.  The latter are more time consuming and more expensive to install.  You may get a CVS installer[s] who give[s] you an average rate for all CVS installations regardless of whether its pre/post home completion.  Probably, the more CVS units you have for installations, the better the install rate per unit.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #29   Jul 26, 2008 5:24 pm
Hi Lucky1,
When finding a good installer, you need to know the following,do they liability insurance,or do you , A good installer can do 1 or 2 full installs [existing construction] a day. When the jobs are within a reasonable distance from each other. Most installers work direct with the customer and charge per valve material and labor,Lets say new construction 125 to 150 per valve this price should include going back and finishing the job to completion, The installer will go and spike the job[rough in] after the plumbing and electricians are done roughing their part,the installer will go back before the drywallers get there to finish his job.

As far as pricing the jobs you can quote pricing for new or existing construction, you can pay the installer per valve,either your material or his material plus his price to you per valve.A good installer will go to look at the job first to see what hes up against and give an honest quote[sometimes less sometimes more] if you do it this way you should never take a bath on any job,

Supervalves or electra valves have to be wired by an electrician,installers are not suppose to wire these valves,but on the other hand the customer can come in and buy the supervalves from you,after that you have no clue who's installing these.

You are more than capable to do your own service calls and repairs,why give the money to the installers ,unless of course you have set up something different in advance.

This market is all to itself and when the customer wants it its just up to you to sell it,I will tell you that the pricing is very competetive,and you have to find that little edge,,,,,,

GOOD LUCK,

And welcome to the club.......

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #30   Jul 26, 2008 5:38 pm
mole wrote:
You are more than capable to do your own service calls and repairs,why give the money to the installers ,unless of course you have set up something different in advance.

MOLE

Lucky1:

MOLE is right and certainly something to consider.  Some existing vacuum store owners and/or operators do their own CVS sales and installs, like MOLE.  Ideally, partnering with an existing store owner/operator on CVS sales referrals/installs is one way to start out.  Then as you acquire more knowledge and CVS business, you can venture out on your own. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #31   Jul 26, 2008 5:52 pm
Hi Carmine,

Yes we do it all in house,from do it yourself kits to complete installations,our 2 installers have been with us a long time, both great installers ,they do both new and existing construction,

I still like doing my own service calls,just to keep busy,talking with the customers,getting hot leads,etc,ect,

Now im selling machines to their kids,man i'm getting old,its so easy it's not like work anymore it's just playtime..........

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #32   Jul 26, 2008 5:58 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Now im selling machines to their kids,man i'm getting old,its so easy it's not like work anymore it's just playtime..........

MOLE

Wait until you start selling to the 3rd and 4th generations, God willing!

Carmine D.

techphet

Reply #33   Jul 26, 2008 7:46 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

I suppose that is only natural since Dyson is the standard for others to follow (copy).

I'm no exert here but what Dyson looks like to me is markettng.

With as much money as they invest into ads, brochures, and design I find it quite easy to believe vacuum cleaner salesmen when they tell me that Dyson is not the way to go.

Tech
Replies: 24 - 33 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42