Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

OCEAN BLUE,
Original Message   Jul 18, 2008 5:49 pm
Heres something for you all to check out,THE OCEAN BLUE,

Looks like rexairs cousin,the power head and tools are top shelf..............

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 10 of 20NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Motorhead

Re: OCEAN BLUE,
Reply #1   Jul 18, 2008 6:28 pm
What I've found is that while many other manufacturers have tried to copy the Rainbow, both with separators and without, even the best of those can only equal the performance of a D4/SE.  The E2 outcleans them every time.

Ocean Blue website.

-MH
This message was modified Jul 19, 2008 by Motorhead
mole

Reply #2   Jul 19, 2008 6:36 am
M H. it looks like this has a seperator. the same as the e series, take a look at  the product,
Venson

Reply #3   Jul 19, 2008 8:17 am
Motorhead wrote:
Rexair's cousin?  More like Rexair's inbred cousin since the Ocean Blue lacks a separator and instead uses a system of baffles to deflect the water. 
-MH

Hi Motorhead,

Please check out the following link -- http://www.oceanblue.com/OceanBlueVacuum.aspx

You'll see in the cut-away view that this vacuum does have a separator.  The design of the separator has been altered to whatever degree I'd supose to keep Rainbow and/or Delphin from siccing its lawyers on them.  This machine is almost a dead ringer for another vac that -- forgot the name -- that was being produced in Mexico I believe.  Think it got in trouble with Rainbow too. Though badly worded, the Ocean Blue claim is still the same since yesteryear for water-type canisters -- "the dirt is trapped in the water." 

Best,

Venson

mole

Reply #4   Jul 19, 2008 9:15 am
Hello Venson,hows it going?

Are you talking about HYLA,............

MOLE

mole

Reply #5   Jul 19, 2008 9:18 am
Motorhead wrote:
Rexair's cousin?  More like Rexair's inbred cousin since the Ocean Blue lacks a separator and instead uses a system of baffles to deflect the water.  I can only imagine what a mess cleaning pet hair out of that would be, and of course if the machine was pulled across the floor too fast the water would very likely end up coming out of the exhaust port.

-MH

M.H. did you know that you can hold the machine upside down with the 2 qts of water in it and under power it does not leak. or come out the exhaust.

Try it sometimes with your d4c...............

mole

Venson

Reply #6   Jul 19, 2008 9:46 am
mole wrote:
Hello Venson,hows it going?

Are you talking about HYLA,............

MOLE

Hey!  I'm just fine except that besides having too many vacuum cleaners I now have one car too many. Don't ask how that came about.  How are you doing? 

No it wasn't the Hyla but may have been called the Robot.  I know one water-type machine under this name was sold in Euroe for a time. It was almost a dead ringer for the Rainbow SE.  If my recall is correct, a similar machine was put into production in Mexico and a lawsuit came out of that.  I did a search and there is a U.S. Court of Appeals PDF document that I can't get to download that appears to mention the matter.

What I can't recall is whether Ocean Blue is the same blue-colored machine that was being advertised on TV here and there.  That machine did not have the Wessel-Werk power nozzle.

Venson

mole

Reply #7   Jul 19, 2008 9:59 am
Looks to me like its sold by the in home demo approach, the keep them held hostage until they buy it or stop breathing, I would say these are all sold on time payments to suit your budget, Its more than likely priced around the e2 price,1800.00 to oh my god.

IT looks like they also sell other premiums,sort of like rexair,and filter queen, air cleaners and the like.

Gotta love that wessel werks powerhead ,it really wakes this unit up.............

MOLE

Motorhead

Reply #8   Jul 19, 2008 1:29 pm
Oops!  Sorry guys, I was getting the Ocean Blue confused with the (gasp!) Big Power.  That particular machine does not have a separator (unlike the Rainbow, Hyla, Delphin, and Ocean Blue), and is *heavily* hyped.  I think it has been discussed on here before.  Apologies for the confusion.

Indeed, the Ocean Blue bears a lot of similiarity to the D4/SE.  I do like the Wessel-Werk powerhead it has (as is on the Hyla), very good P/N and dare I say it's better than the current Rexair P/N?  The one thing I do not care for on the E2 is that Rexair still hasn't managed to incorporate a geared belt (or at the very least a lifetime quiet-drive serpentine belt).  With a good belt it's great, but when that belt is stretched and starts to slip you can sure tell.  Then again, Rexair seems to be up for a power nozzle redesign in the near future regardless, the E-series design has been out 10 years already.

-MH
mole

Reply #9   Jul 19, 2008 4:20 pm
M.H. yes i think you are on the money with this call about the e series powerhead,and the w.w. powerhead, the edge goes to the wessel-werks lighted powerhead,this powerhead is also used in top end BOSCH, and MIELES.

The E series head is very aggresive and have a lot of belt and brush roll bearing failures. The germans pay very close attention to details,thus a better and longer lasting product, The tollerances are much tighter than the chinese stuff.

MOLE

Venson

Reply #10   Jul 19, 2008 5:03 pm
mole wrote:
M.H. yes i think you are on the money with this call about the e series powerhead,and the w.w. powerhead, the edge goes to the wessel-werks lighted powerhead,this powerhead is also used in top end BOSCH, and MIELES.

MOLE

Hiya Mole,

Sometimes I wonder why Wessel-Werks just doesn't come out with a complete vacuum cleaner and make all our lives easier.

Venson

Replies: 1 - 10 of 20NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42