Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's 'Baby' launched

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's 'Baby' launched
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:59 pm
Replies: 54 - 63 of 85Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson's 'Baby' launched
Reply #54   Jul 11, 2008 7:19 am
HARDSELL wrote:
So you won a gag prize.

Soooo HS, that's how you came to get a free dyson DC07.  You won the boo-bie prize!  Lucky you! 

Like dyson giving away 140,000 Air Blades to jump start its sales.  Ain't working.  Donees did what you did!  Sold them and used the money for something else.

Hey Prez, you reading here?  I got an idea for an economic stimulus package.  Buy up all the new DC07 dysons that Wal*Mart dumped on dyson and dyson dumped on BEST BUY and give them away to the US taxpayers.  They'll sell them, like HS did, and use the funds to make new purchases.  Win, win!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 11, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #55   Jul 11, 2008 8:12 am
CarmineD wrote:
Soooo HS, that's how you came to get a free dyson DC07.  You won the boo-bie prize!  Lucky you! 

Like dyson giving away 140,000 Air Blades to jump start its sales.  Ain't working.  Donees did what you did!  Sold them and used the money for something else.

Hey Prez, you reading here?  I got an idea for an economic stimulus package.  Buy up all the new DC07 dysons that Wal*Mart dumped on dyson and dyson dumped on BEST BUY and give them away to the US taxpayers.  They'll sell them, like HS did, and use the funds to make new purchases.  Win, win!

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I see you are still dreaming.  When you lose you resort to fiction and lies to divert your loss.

I paid $399 for the DC07.  Dyson does not have to give freebies like Oreck does.  I could really rack up if I wanted to.  Buy the Oreck, keep the gift and return the vac.  That is not me though.

CarmineD

Reply #56   Jul 11, 2008 4:48 pm
Hey HS Man:

I might believe that you were foolish enough to spend $2000 on new golf clubs.  After all, all men like their toys and are willing to spend lavishly for their enjoyment, entertainment, and recreation.

But even you HARDSELL would not be foolish enough to spend $399 for a DC07.  You said so recently.  No.  Not when you could have easily saved at least 20 percent at a number of retailers without any effort.  That's an $80 savings. 

NO you didn't pay $399 for a dyson.  Not when you got one free for using it and posting about it.  You told us that you wouldn't pay $399 for a DC07.  Too expensive were your own words. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 11, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #57   Jul 14, 2008 8:33 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Mole,

Did you pull away from fantasy role playing and “Nailing Dyson’s to the Floor” long enough only so to name call?  I understand Dyson’s separators well, you don’t.  I understand my praises and my criticism’s here are indexed and far reaching.  James Dyson can make his separators filter much better if he changes some beliefs.  I know what I am doing and I know what to type to get the indexing I want.        DIB

mole wrote:
O.K smart guy.

Now i will pose another question for you to answer,

What does dysons cyclonic technology [what ever system they are calling it this week],have to do with dust and dirt removeal out of the carpeting.

My educated opinion is that it has absolutly nothing to do with performance or dirt removal, it does not mean SQUAT how many cyclones are used where they are located and inverted or sideways.

Do you think Sir Jimmy wants me on his team?

If you dont respond I'll know why.

Have you ever indexed spark plugs, why dont you give it a try sometimes,Mr inventor........

MOLE

Mole,

Vacuum/Bag manufacturers cannot guarantee 100% suction strength while using their product/s. - Dyson can.  So what does Dyson technologies have to do with performance? - Plenty.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #58   Jul 14, 2008 8:45 am
Hey DIB Man:

If suction alone were the performance standard for uprights and rug cleaning you would be right.  It's not.  Just as MOLE's point that filtration and air flow are not the performance standard.  In fact far from it.

Don't believe MOLE  and me.  Read the post that Motor man has on another thread here.   Like you he is a dyson fan. 

Suction power [to pick up], brush roll design and function [ to agitate, loosen and groom], and filtration [to cool heated motor during operation and preserve the air quality in the room from the contained dirt/odors] all must combine in a perfect balance.  When these are present on upright vacuums the result is an efficient and effective machine to properly clean and groom rugs and carpets. 

Of course, it takes a user with the inclination, wherewithal, and time to put the vacuum to proper use.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 14, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #59   Jul 14, 2008 9:04 am
Ahh, yes and make it as easy as possible for the consumer to use,

A big point is that manufactures tend to get so caught up in high tech,that they forget about the customer and [USER BENEFITS].

How many times have you heard customers complain about kirbys weight and attachment useage?

Another point of intrest to me is that [DO people still have shag carpeting?],

MOLE

dusty

Reply #60   Jul 14, 2008 10:47 am
mole wrote:

Another point of intrest to me is that [DO people still have shag carpeting?],

MOLE

Sadly, shag is making a bit of a comeback.   Lets just hope it's short lived.

Dusty
DysonInventsBig

Reply #61   Jul 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey Carmine Man,

At the end of the day it is about physics and who puts forth (the basics) a vacuum that best uses
”in the public domain” 1)  off the shelf parts and/or 2) designs.  I am fully aware it takes many individual lengths to build a strong chain.  Dyson simply removed the weakest length…  Suction loss due to a clogged bag (and filter).

Mole,

I answered your riddle within the framework of your post and no response?

DIB

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #62   Jul 14, 2008 1:52 pm
Are you sure you didn't mean Festus, MO?  I think there's a guy there who has every model of Oreck in his collection... 

mole wrote:
You know what H.S. i really did have an ORECK i won one in a dealer contest, i sold it to someone in Springfield Missouri, i think it was called the vac shack..............

mole

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #63   Jul 14, 2008 2:59 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Hey Carmine Man,

Hey Mr. DIB's:

I like that but prefer:  Hey, Carmine D. Vacuum Man.  Now you're talking physics and chemistry combined! 

It's always funny to read dyson fans' posts.  It's as tho the vacuum industry was in the dark ages until dyson suddenly appeared and rescued it.  Not quite.  Not even close.  In fact just the contrary.  

Dyson has a rough road to hoe.  With the competition like HOOVER, BISSELL, DIRT DEVIL {and yes even EUREKA} copying it and selling for less, dyson with its high prices is destined for extinction.  Especially in a deep recession and down global market with soaring oil prices.

One quote from dualcyclone/motor [don't know which] that I agree with [surprise, surprise] is this: Consumers don't remember who did it first, they remember who copied the best and sold it for less. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 14, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 54 - 63 of 85Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42