Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 225 - 234 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #225   Jul 10, 2008 4:31 pm
Hey guys:

HOOVER used a reusable bag with a bag clamp in the 50's on several uprights: Models 60, 61 and 62.  Not HOOVER's finest hour.  Customers didn't like them because they were very expensive.  Messy too.  HOOVER converted back to the throwaway bag with the 63, 64, 65 and on. 

Customers frequently asked me to convert the reusable bag to the throw away bag. 

If you are picking up alot of fuzz and nap from a new carpet, reusing the paper bag once is not a problem.  And not messy.  If you are picking up the everyday household grit and dirt, reusing a throwaway paper is messy and harmful to the motor.  Not allowing enough air to filter out to keep the motor cool.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 10, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #226   Jul 10, 2008 4:45 pm
mole wrote:
Lets see now the customer brings back the dc07/14 because of the clutch chatter,people hate noises ,it tells them somethings wrong,Said customer is told by dyson service reps thats normal,customer feels like they been SUCKERED, I WANT MY MONEY BACK,

Dysons sick and tired of customer complaints

Heres how we rectify the situation,take the clutch and belt system out, put in a single belt [its also a timing belt] but the wrong type.

The noise goes away the customer thinks the machine is cleaning[HE,HE,HE]  Problem solved.

On to the next innovation..............

MOLE

Hello MOLE Man:

Beats the workaround for the users to wear wax ear plugs!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 10, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #227   Jul 11, 2008 6:38 am
M00seUK wrote:
My Grandad was so outraged at the relative high cost for replacement vac bags, that he used to 'empty' them through the inlet hole (or whatever you'd call it). It was a tedious job and of course, it would have had little benefit becuase the pores would still be clogged on reuse. In later years, he had a DC04 :-)

M00seUK Man:

God bless him. 

The technical industry term is "bag opening."  Vacuum pros are sticklers for vacuum terms. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 11, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #228   Jul 17, 2008 5:09 pm

It seems the UK’s ASA is more and more anti-Dyson.  The ASA ; is it now run by bias men, good men, genius’s or drunks?  You decide…

DIB

DIB

ASA said...
The ASA took expert advice. The expert said the independent test data supplied by Electrolux was reliable and of good quality.

The expert believed the suction power test data submitted by Electrolux was not sufficient to support the claim that the Intensity gave an "intense deep clean", because it did not include test data relating to cleaning performance.
-----------------------------

ASA said...

The expert pointed out…  …a reduction in cleaning performance did not necessarily result from a reduction in suction power due to bag 'clogging'

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_44647.htm

ASA ruled in 2003 on bag clogging -  http://archive.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/2003/1/17/166948.html

This message was modified Jul 17, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #229   Jul 18, 2008 7:01 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

It seems the UK’s ASA is more and more anti-Dyson.  The ASA ; is it now run by bias men, good men, genius’s or drunks?  You decide…

DIB

DIB

DIB

Hello DIB:

Thanks for posting.  Very interesting ruling.  First, an observation on your post above:  You impugn the ASA and the expert vacuum industry witness with the same names as you do for those who have said the same here in the past [anti-dyson].  Facts and truth are anti-falsehoods. Not anti-[supply your own favorite name brand].  Where one stands depends on where he/she sits!

I fully concur with the ASA ruling.  If I can summarize the major findings: The ASA upheld Electrolux'es claim that the suction of the Intensity is 50 percent greater than a dyson DC14 [when the Electrolux bag needs changing].  But...and this is the biggie...Electrolux'es conclusion that it deep cleans better [as a result of the suction] was overruled by the ASA.  Why?  Electrolux did not provide sufficient data to prove the conclusion.

Of note:  Electrolux is the company that makes the EUREKA Boss Smart vacuum [bagged] which makes the claim that it outcleans a dyson DC07 by 60 percent.  Also the same company that claims it produces the first recycled vacuum. 

Also of note: The ASA did not concur with the validity of the claim that dyson is the leading upright in the UK [dyson claimed it is a reference to dyson and hence the reason for the complaint].  Instead the ASA said it did not collect and review current UK vacuum sales data to verify the claim.  Recall dyson had only 28 percent of the UK vacuum market in 2007.  ASA implies that another vacuum brand may be the leader, not dyson.

ASA held Electrolux to a high standard for its claims: Cleans deeper and more intensely [than presumably a dyson to which it is compared].  ASA wanted proof to substantiate the claims!  No longer giving a pass as just sales puffing. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 18, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #230   Jul 19, 2008 7:37 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB

DIB

DIB

DIB

CarmineD wrote:

Hello DIB:

Thanks for posting.  Very interesting ruling.  First, an observation on your post above:  You impugn the ASA and the expert vacuum industry witness with the same names as you do for those who have said the same here in the past [anti-dyson].  Facts and truth are anti-falsehoods. Not anti-[supply your own favorite name brand].  Where one stands depends on where he/she sits!

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I would recommend you go back and re-edit your post for truthfulness and accuracy.  I have suggested and/or said in past posts that others here were bias, anti-Dyson, but never drunks. - A forum search will prove I have never said this as you say.        DIB 

CarmineD

Reply #231   Jul 19, 2008 7:48 am
Hello DIB:

Hit a nerve, did I?  They say the truth hurts.  See why? 

No need for me to edit/change/word smith.  I specifically quoted the name you most often use to impugn posters here in brackets in my original post [anti-dyson].   And for your benefit I elaborated further on the notion that truth and facts are NOT anti-any particular name brand save errors and falsehoods.  Surely, you have the maturity, wisdom and wherewithal to accept and comprehend the veracity my statements.  

There is an old school saying:  If the shoe fits, wear it!!  This shoe fits you like a glove.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 19, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #232   Jul 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Carmine,

If I need a lesson in truth taught by condescending maligners, you’re the man.  If I need a lesson on bad-mouthing and lying of the good - again, you're the man.  You will have to excuse me, but I will be sidestepping your freak show.        DIB

This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Motorhead

Reply #233   Jul 20, 2008 7:20 pm
I will second the fact that neither DIB, myself, nor anyone else has referred to others on here who may possibly have differing opinions as a drunk, or cast off a particular person's rantings as a "mad drunk rant" (and I've certainly experienced those). 

Anti-Dyson on the other hand?  Yes, yes, and YES, and for no clear reason.  The Dyson bashing I've seen here does not consist of truth and facts.  Once again, making something up once and repeating it so often you believe it is not a fact.

-MH
This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #234   Jul 20, 2008 8:53 pm
Hello anti-ASA posters:

This is not about me.  I didn't post the ASA ruling and couch with a question that has a pre-conceived notion.  And ask for readers' comments in support of that notion.  I responded and said sorry guy.  I agree with the ASA.  Nothing new here.  I have been saying the same since 2002 about dysons.  Nothing new too is the response to the ASA ruling by DIB.  [MOTOR must be feeling the guilt twinges].   The infamous anti-dyson label. 

The above facts are self-evident to any one with a grade school IQ/education.  But, make no mistake about it DIB and MOTOR.  If you want to go toe to toe on this with me, rather than cut your losses, then take your best shots.  I'll thrust and parry with you both.  No problem.  This time I got the ASA in my corner. 

But you watch and see how quickly Mike W. locks this thread.  Blame whoever you want for it's demise, but the bottom line will be the end for this dyson thread.  I can live very well with that end.  Can you?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 225 - 234 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42