Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 195 - 204 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #195   Jul 8, 2008 5:05 pm
mole wrote:
DC18, I REALLY DONT BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT, You must of used with the brush off or the belts were broken.............

Well Mole believe it I did say that.  Thats up to you if you choose to believe different.  No, all my Dysons have fully working brush bars, with fully working belts.  No the only time the brush bar goes off is on hard floors!  Brush bar is always ON on carpets.  I know a vast amount of people with Dysons that use them on different flooring and different thickness of carpets with no issue at all.

Like HARDSELL says it's just the odd person that seems to have an issue!  Some people do and some don't have any issues!   Thats like that with most products!

DC18

DysonInventsBig

Reply #196   Jul 8, 2008 5:27 pm

Mole,

It is plausible DC18's carpet fibers are spread enough apart and/or criss cross each other allowing for additional airflow to enter the vacuums mouth, making it grip less and pull into on the carpet less.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #197   Jul 8, 2008 7:26 pm
So, why haven't we seen one poster here and/or any comments critical of dyson scrubbing the clutch-brush bar shut off feature lock stock and barrel.  Not a one.  In 5 years.  No one says it is missed, needed, should be used.  Not a one.  Where's the swell of outcries in support by dysoners to bring it back?  If its sooo good, wouldn't this be the normal expected reaction? 

Vacuumfreake, a self-admitted dyson junkie, says the set up in the DC14 is ridiculous.  Can't understand dyson's thinking on it.  Is he the odd user?  If so, why didn't any one call him that when he posted this several weeks back.

Vacuumfreeeke wrote:

Well, I got my first Dyson and I'm not sure I made the right choice.  .......After cutting at least 2 pounds of hair and white stuffing off the brushroll............. there was dog hair caked all over the vacuum in the brushroll housing.  I cleaned it as well as I could... which isn't easy because of the fact that Dyson makes the vacuum so users can't remove their own belt/brushroll (very stupid if you ask me, but I'm sure they get a lot more money for service). 

The dyson clutch brush bar shut off design, form and function is most worthy of an award for the worse ever set up utilized on an upright vacuum in over 100 years in the USA.  If any other manufacturer did it, it would be the scourge of all posts here.  Just as VF called it.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 8, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #198   Jul 8, 2008 8:12 pm
Carmine, I replied to your orginal post, before you added/re-edited.        DIB

CarmineD wrote:

If the clutch shut-off and brush bar is not a problem why did dyson eliminate the feature on all models after and for the last 5 years and still? 

I do not have enough knowledge of this vacuum’s history and will not comment.

Ball feature came back!  Surely, if its sooo good then it has to be a worth while feature to employ.  A good thing.

The lighter weight Ball line is genius.  Opinions matter nil, number of sales and/or profits and satisfied users do matter much, we’ll have to wait and see.  The state of our economy will have a great influence on folks buying $400 plus Dyson’s like they did freely in our past/better economy.  Certainly like always the Dyson and only Dyson will be the most desired and talked of vacuum/s in a normally innovatively dull industry.

Dyson should have kept it.   Especially since no other vacuum on the market uses this clutch/brush bar feature.  Is this too like the dyson pre-motor filter that is sooo good it never clogs and needs cleaning [but once a year] and now needs it every month?

My suggestion…  if filter cleaning every 1, 3 or 6 months is going to send you over the edge, then don’t buy.

Vacuumfreake, a self-admitted dyson junkie, says the set up in the DC14 is ridiculous.  Can't understand dyson's thinking on it.  Is he an odd user?  

Is Vacuumfreake a Dyson junkie?  I did not get this impression.

Vacuumfreeeke wrote:

Well, I got my first Dyson and I'm not sure I made the right choice.  .......After cutting at least 2 pounds of hair and white stuffing off the brushroll............. there was dog hair caked all over the vacuum in the brushroll housing.  I cleaned it as well as I could... which isn't easy because of the fact that Dyson makes the vacuum so users can't remove their own belt/brushroll (very stupid if you ask me, but I'm sure they get a lot more money for service). 

Carmine, you suck the fun out of our debates. - Taking his post out of context and asking us to reply is exhausting.  Did this vacuum get white stuffing, his family’s hair and his pets hair wrapped around the brushroll by simply cleaning once around his home?  How did all this stuffing and hair get there? – Please explain.        DIB

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 9, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #199   Jul 9, 2008 6:48 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Vacuumfreeeke wrote:

Carmine, you suck the fun out of our debates. - Taking his post out of context and asking us to reply is exhausting.  Did this vacuum get white stuffing, his family’s hair and his pets hair wrapped around the brushroll by simply cleaning once around his home?  How did all this stuffing and hair get there? – Please explain.        DIB

Carmine D.

Hey DIB Man:

VF's post is not out of context here.  It is the crux of the weakness of this dyson feature on DC07/14.  Having a yellow English lab, who sheds year around, in concert with brand new wool loop rugs, the dyson DC07 struck out big time in my home.  Why? Read on, please.

The puny dyson brush bar got dog hair and new rug wrap stuck around it after a few passes while the brush bar ratcheting noise would go on and off constantly.  [I sent pics of my dyson brush bar to Acerone back in September 2006.  As an illustration that the brush bar is flawed for USA household use].  Didn't happen with the HOOVER WT and doesn't with the ORECK.  NEVER!

How many pets are in USA households?  70 million according to the US Humane Society.  How many have the problem?   

As part of my conversations with the dyson HELPLINE over several days and weeks, it told me to use the dyson suction hose to remove the rug and hair wrap.  It said it was causing the ratcheting noise problems.  Really?  Problem is, it took me 20 minutes to cut it off, before I could vacuum it up.  Then after a few more passes, same thing all over again with the gawdawful ratcheting noise.  Ops there goes another dyson refurb.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 9, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #200   Jul 9, 2008 7:52 am
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
Well, I got my first Dyson and I'm not sure I made the right choice.  I was selling vacuums at Snears when Dyson came to America and I was very familiar with the DC07.  Well, I bought a used DC14 from Craig's List...  I much prefer the simplicity of the DC 07, especially the way the wand and hose work.  That telescoping thing on my model is for the birds.

Anyway, I have a specific problem with mine.  The lady who owned it before me had a dog.  After cutting at least 2 pounds of her hair and white stuffing off the brushroll, I turned it on and it smelled awful!  Just line someone had vacuumed up wet dog hair.  In fact, someone had... there was dog hair caked all over the vacuum in the brushroll housing.  I cleaned it as well as I could... which isn't easy because of the fact that Dyson makes the vacuum so users can't remove their own belt/brushroll (very stupid if you ask me, but I'm sure they get a lot more money for service).  I worked around the brush roll and cleaned the cavity out.  Looks pretty good.  Then I took the filter, cyclone bin assembly, hose, wand, U-bend, and bottom plate to the bathtub for a good soak/scrub.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the dog smell out of the rest of the vacuum... the part I can't take in the bath tub and wash?!

I don't think saving 300 dollars to buy used was worth all this trouble!

This thing sure looks weird sitting beside my Kirbys, Royals, and vintage Hoovers!

Hey DIB Man:

VF's post is not out of context here.  It is the crux of the weakness of this dyson feature on DC07/14.  Having a yellow English lab, who sheds year around, in concert with brand new wool loop rugs, the dyson DC07 struck out big time in my home.  Why? Read on, please.

The puny dyson brush bar got dog hair and new rug wrap stuck around it after a few passes while the brush bar ratcheting noise would go on and off constantly.  [I sent pics of my dyson brush bar to Acerone back in September 2006.  As an illustration that the brush bar is flawed for USA household use].  Didn't happen with the HOOVER WT and doesn't with the ORECK.  NEVER!

How many pets are in USA households?  70 million according to the US Humane Society.  How many have the problem?   

As part of my conversations with the dyson HELPLINE over several days and weeks, it told me to use the dyson suction hose to remove the rug and hair wrap.  It said it was causing the ratcheting noise problems.  Really?  Problem is, it took me 20 minutes to cut it off, before I could vacuum it up.  Then after a few more passes, same thing all over again with the gawdawful ratcheting noise.  Ops there goes another dyson refurb.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

DIB stated that he did not get the impression that VF is a Dyson junkie.  Neither did I and I doubt that anyone else did.  You stated that he was a Dyson junkie.  Please point that out to us in his post above.  Just another example of your botched lies.

We all know  that the Dyson did not work for you as it hasn't for very very few others.  I could rant about numerous brands that did not meet my expections.  No need to beat a dead horse forever.  That puny Dyson brush bar has worked for millions as evidenced by the consumer reviews on numerous sites.  We already established that you are the odd one.  There are as many who have reported problems with Oreck and Hoover.  Most have major problems with the Hoover WT.  They say it vacuums well but has the quality of junk.  I believe that the problem with your Dyson was so much hair and dirt was in your carpets from using an inferior prior to the Dyson.  BTW, it is better to have a clutch slip and not cause damage to the carpet or vac than to burn a belt or pull fringe or pile from the carpet.

Lots of homes have pets.  In my reading Dyson reviews you are the only one I recall who had a pet and wasn't elated with Dyson ability to vacuum up all the hair.  In fact this may be the # 1 thing that Dyson reviewers praise about their Dyson.

How did your Dyson become a refurb.  You told us that you gifted it.  How long is your nose now?

CarmineD

Reply #201   Jul 9, 2008 8:22 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine,

That puny Dyson brush bar has worked for millions as evidenced by the consumer reviews on numerous sites.  We already established that you are the odd one.  Lots of homes have pets.  In my reading Dyson reviews you are the only one I recall who had a pet and wasn't elated with Dyson ability to vacuum up all the hair.  In fact this may be the # 1 thing that Dyson reviewers praise about their Dyson.

Well HS Man:

Why does dyson devote two pages with instructions and illustrations in it's User's Guide about cutting off the pet/human hair and rug wrap?  Why did the dyson HELPLINE say this was causing the ratcheting noise?  No. I'm not the only user with the problem.   Neither is the former owner of VF's dyson.  Ops there goes another dyson refurb!

Cut your losses on this HS man.  You lost the battle.  Dyson conceded defeat.  Scrubbed the clutch/puny brush bar shut off feature.  You dyson devotees have a war ahead to fight.  What do you tell dyson buyers, especially previous owners, or self-avowed dyson junkies like VF, why they should pay $500 plus for a new dyson and have to perform monthly filter maintenance?  Ball technology?  Good for a laugh, but makes for a HARDSELL!

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #202   Jul 9, 2008 9:07 am
CarmineD wrote:
Well HS Man:

Why does dyson devote two pages with instructions and illustrations in it's User's Guide about cutting off the pet/human hair and rug wrap?  Why did the dyson HELPLINE say this was causing the ratcheting noise?  No. I'm not the only user with the problem.   Neither is the former owner of VF's dyson.  Ops there goes another dyson refurb!

Cut your losses on this HS man.  You lost the battle.  Dyson conceded defeat.  Scrubbed the clutch/puny brush bar shut off feature.  You dyson devotees have a war ahead to fight.  What do you tell dyson buyers, especially previous owners, or self-avowed dyson junkies like VF, why they should pay $500 plus for a new dyson and have to perform monthly filter maintenance?  Ball technology?  Good for a laugh, but makes for a HARDSELL!

As usual Carmine you are bablling and spewing BS.  Scrubbing the clutch is in no way admitting defeat.  You, like me have no idea why it is not on newer models.  I did give my thoughts. The clutch is not the problem.  It is there to protect.  Why do vacs use belts when they could use a direct (gear drive)?  The belt has to slip if the brush is jammed with an object.  Do you really have to vacuum so much dog hair that it jams the brush?  If so, you need to take Ol Rover to the vet and get him a wig. Why would one pay $800 for an Oreck that clogs and requires frequent belt changes ?

Once again you are trying to divert from your LIES.  VF owns 1 Dyson out of his 25 vac collection.  He did say Hoovers (plural).  This sounds more like a Hoover junkie.  It seems that more HooverS were out of use and he bought them (refurbs).

We will fight our battles with honest and integrity against your lies and stupidity.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #203   Jul 9, 2008 9:28 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Lets see now the customer brings back the dc07/14 because of the clutch chatter,people hate noises ,it tells them somethings wrong,Said customer is told by dyson service reps thats normal,customer feels like they been SUCKERED, I WANT MY MONEY BACK,

Dysons sick and tired of customer complaints

Heres how we rectify the situation,take the clutch and belt system out, put in a single belt [its also a timing belt] but the wrong type.

The noise goes away the customer thinks the machine is cleaning[HE,HE,HE]  Problem solved.

On to the next innovation..............

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #204   Jul 9, 2008 2:11 pm
mole wrote:
Lets see now the customer brings back the dc07/14 because of the clutch chatter,people hate noises ,it tells them somethings wrong,Said customer is told by dyson service reps thats normal,customer feels like they been SUCKERED, I WANT MY MONEY BACK,

MOLE

Oops, there goes an ebay parade of pages and pages of dyson refurbs!

Carmine D.

Replies: 195 - 204 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42