Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 163 - 172 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Reply #163   Jul 6, 2008 7:59 am
DC18 wrote:
Hello DIB

Thats alot of units sold on the DC07!!

By the way my Sebo Felix has a non motorised height adjustment!

DC18

Hey DC,

Does it work?  Buy the way, it is a big race day for England today, the Silvestone F1 race.  I'll be watching.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #164   Jul 6, 2008 8:09 am
dusty wrote:
Your original quote was that height adjustments were standard for ALL full size USA uprights.  Now it matters where  the product is sold?  Shall we assume most high end indy product is poor because it lacks a height adjustment?    For the record, last time I checked  Panasonic was sold in box stores, Eureka have models with no height adjustment as do Kenmore.  IMO the height adjust is  useless for most people,  the majority of machines that come in for repair are almost always set to the lowest setting.

Dusty
mole wrote:
Hi Vacuum people.

Remember that 95% of vacuum trade ins or returns are due to belt and brushroll problems..........................

MOLE

Dusty: 

MOLE gave you the reason.  The majority of vacuum repairs come in with problems due to brush roll and belt.  Hence, the users set their vacuums to the lowest rug height to get better performance as the vacuums' service degrades.  The reason to set it higher is to make it easier to push and pull over carpets IF THE VACUUMS ARE WORKING PROPERLY.  Repairs are not!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 6, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #165   Jul 6, 2008 8:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thank you again for recognizing constructive criticism.  Dyson people were not as gracious on the phone.

BTW, that's a cop out DIB for a permanent fix especially without proof.  It mattered enough in the 1960's for HOOVER to correct on the Dial to add adjustments and even self-propel feature for people with such carpets.  EUREKA too.  And still!

Have things changed that much in the rug industry?  I doubt it.  Not on with my carpets and 2 others whom I gifted the pink DC07 dyson.  Same problem.  Clutch and ratcheting noise getting set off and disengaging the brush bar.  Ops there goes another refurb! 

More logically and practically, it could not be done by dyson even with 450 engineers.  So it made the decision it was not worth doing!

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I do enjoy these conversations (much of the time), when you are right I have no problem saying so.  I do not think is is possible to make a floating head work really good on all types of carpeting without height adjustment.

Having a product that does not satisfy the smallest segment of consumers is by no means a bad thing.  Was every single customer who left your place of business filled with elation?        DIB

This message was modified Jul 6, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #166   Jul 6, 2008 8:19 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Having a product that does not satisfy the smallest segment of consumers is by no means a bad thing.  Was every single customer who left your place of business filled with elation?        DIB

DIB

DIB:

That's a loaded question.  Here's my loaded answer.  ALL the female customers were always.  Regardless of their ages.   99.99999999999 of the male customers.  Never had one complaint formerly registered with a vacuum maker/BBB/Chamber of Commerce in over 40 years of business. 

Had two incidents of attempted robbery in the evening hours.  Overcame both by my lonesome, without the use of a handgun.  I can say with 100 percent certainty the perps did not leave elated!

Carmine D.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #167   Jul 6, 2008 8:22 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hey DC,

Does it work?  Buy the way, it is a big race day for England today, the Silvestone F1 race.  I'll be watching.        DIB

Hi DIB

Yes it does work very well, it has 4 manual settings which if you have it on the wrong one the machine tells you with a red/orange light.  This I believe is sensored by the brush bar itself!  You then change to it until the light goes out!  I used 2 and 3 mainly!  I was quite surprised how well the brush bar on this machine works even when on setting 4 on my medium pile carpet!  The pile get lifted and groomed very well.

Yes it is, I might watch it!

DC18

DC18

Reply #168   Jul 6, 2008 8:24 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DC18:

Here's the flaw in your thinking, which in theory is great but practice is not.  It is legendary in the USA with the HOOVER Dial in the early 60's.  Also lauded for self-adjusting floating head.  But murder to push and pull over many of the carpets of the day.  HOOVER added a 3 position manual height adjustment within 1 year and the now famous automatic power drive shortly after.

The floating head 'sinks' into medium and high carpets [especially with backing and padding].  Making the dysons DC07 and DC14 hard to push and pull.  And setting off the clutch shut off on the brush bar. 

Carmine D.

Thanks for you thoughts Carmine D.

DC18

DysonInventsBig

Reply #169   Jul 6, 2008 8:29 am
DC18 wrote:
Hi DIB

Yes it does work very well, it has 4 manual settings which if you have it on the wrong one the machine tells you with a red/orange light.  This I believe is sensored by the brush bar itself!  You then change to it until the light goes out!  I used 2 and 3 mainly!  I was quite surprised how well the brush bar on this machine works even when on setting 4 on my medium pile carpet!  The pile get lifted and groomed very well.

Yes it is, I might watch it!

DC18

DC,

You're saying this auto-height adjustment (non-motorized) still requires a manual switch?  Thanks.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #170   Jul 6, 2008 8:33 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Having a product that does not satisfy the smallest segment of consumers is by no means a bad thing.         DIB

DIB:

From dyson product literature:

A dyson vacuum cleaner has excellent dirt pick-up from ALL surfaces-not just carpets.

It doesn't say except some.  In fact it's one of 4 reasons dyson says customers should buy dysons.

Well, Dusty: Mr. Wordsmither, what do you think when dyson uses the collective ALL versus me?  Gets a pass?  Like LNT and BBB?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #171   Jul 6, 2008 8:38 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I do enjoy these conversations (much of the time), when you are right I have no problem saying so.        DIB

Who makes that determination?  You?  The dyson fans?  Me?  Let me know, I want to meet the person.

The truth is the truth, regardless if no one believes it.  A falsehood is false even if everyone believes it. 

Carmine D.

DC18

Reply #172   Jul 6, 2008 8:54 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
DC,

You're saying this auto-height adjustment (non-motorized) still requires a manual switch?  Thanks.        DIB

DIB

Sorry misread your point, the Sebo Felix is fully manual height adjustment no auto involved!

Be interesting to see how a non-motorized auto height adjustment mechanisium works!

DC18

Replies: 163 - 172 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42