Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 128 - 137 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Reply #128   Jul 5, 2008 8:12 am
CarmineD wrote:
ORECK is a lightweight, 8 pounds.  Not a full size.  Tho Consumer Reports rates it against full size vacuums.  And the DeLuxe and XL 21 ORECK-s have headlights unlike dysons.

BTW, stick to the thread, dysons.

Carmine D.

You said uprights.  Oreck is an upright. 

Headlights on a vacuum are like teats on a boar hog.  Useless.

Impossible to stick to topic when dealing with you.  That is your way of saying that you have once again been proven wrong and want to twist out of the conversation.

Golf is calling.  See ya later.

CarmineD

Reply #129   Jul 5, 2008 8:16 am
HS:

I said full size uprights.  ORECK is not!

I'm too young to play golf.  Maybe when I get to be your age: Old. 

Better have that cup of joe before you go.  You'll need it!  The way you are fumbling and mumbling this morning.  Coffee will help. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 5, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #130   Jul 5, 2008 8:26 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I said full size uprights.  ORECK is not!

I'm too young to play golf.  Maybe when I get to be your age: Old. 

Better have that cup of joe before you go.  You'll need it!  The way you are fumbling and mumbling this morning.  Coffee will help. 

Carmine D.

I alredy had the Joe.

This is what you said:  "BTW, Consumer Reports is always critical of upright vacuums without manual rug height adjustments" 

That crow is sticking in your throad this AM.  Better have a drink to wash it down

CarmineD

Reply #131   Jul 5, 2008 8:28 am
HS:

Go back and read the first quote of mine you posted.  And have another cup!  The first didn't work.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #132   Jul 5, 2008 8:32 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Go back and read the first quote of mine you posted.  And have another cup!  The first didn't work.

Carmine D.

That was your opinion.  Then you said that CR is critical of uprights, not just full size.
CarmineD

Reply #133   Jul 5, 2008 8:34 am
And CR is critical of uprights without adjustments.  But I said that rug height adjustments are standard for full sized uprights in the USA.  Not CR.  Get the facts and sources straight.  2 cups of joe may help.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #134   Jul 5, 2008 10:10 am
Hello, Today July 5th HSN's "Today Special" is a Dyson DC07 (white on dark grey) packaged/bundled deal.  The bundled deal is - It comes with 3 extra tools and free shipping.

Question:  Are independent Dyson dealers allowed by Dyson to match this bundle and price?  If not, what can they do to respond to such a price?  Thanks.        DIB

Taken from HSN's web site...
Today's Price: $379.95
HSN Price: $429.95
 | You Save: $50.00
Retail Value: $549.78
FREE Shipping & Handling
Item: 345-186
Dyson DC07 Upright Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner Includes: (The extras are highlighted in orange)

• Crevice tool
  • Stair tool (floor tool)
  • Brush tool
  • Soft brush tool
  • Hard floor tool
  • Mini turbine head
  • Quick Start guide
  • Product manual
This message was modified Jul 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

dusty

Reply #135   Jul 5, 2008 10:26 am
You  could also add Riccar, Panasonic, Sharp and Aerus to the list of units without height adjustments. Pretty big names not following the "american standard".

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #136   Jul 5, 2008 3:03 pm
dusty wrote:
You  could also add Riccar, Panasonic, Sharp and Aerus to the list of units without height adjustments. Pretty big names not following the "american standard".

Dusty

Hello Dusty:

Depends on how you define "big names."  These brands typically are indy stores and not big box retailers.  Do you know some big box store brands sold along side dyson that don't have [headlights] and/or manual rug height adjustments?

Carmine D.

dusty

Reply #137   Jul 5, 2008 3:45 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Dusty:

Depends on how you define "big names."  These brands typically are indy stores and not big box retailers.  Do you know some big box store brands sold along side dyson that don't have [headlights] and/or manual rug height adjustments?

Carmine D.

Your original quote was that height adjustments were standard for ALL full size USA uprights.  Now it matters where  the product is sold?  Shall we assume most high end indy product is poor because it lacks a height adjustment?    For the record, last time I checked  Panasonic was sold in box stores, Eureka have models with no height adjustment as do Kenmore.  IMO the height adjust is  useless for most people,  the majority of machines that come in for repair are almost always set to the lowest setting.

Dusty
Replies: 128 - 137 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42