Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 229 - 238 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #229   Jul 5, 2008 7:43 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Settle down.  Have a cup of joe.  Your facts are all jumbled up.  DC07 Red at TARGET?  Do you mean pink? 

No. I mean RED.  They began selling them in November 2006.  It was exclusive to Target.  You know the target logo is red and not yellow.

I never said a 6 year supply.  Are you delusional? 

Go back and read.  You said:  " There's just so many DC07 and 14-s that were made and sold to big box retailers that are still on shelves and warehouses unsold after 6 years ". 

Unsold after 6 years means still in the inventory.

I said after 6 years retailers still have purchases of DC-07's made years ago sitting unsold.  Why?  Dyson.  MAP and MSRP have caused the sales to languish especially as new dyson models were launched. 

It's caught up with dyson and its retailers.  Just like the pros said.  Now these old dyson models and new models are being dumped by US retailers.  Along with the refurbs.  

You stated just this morning that price reduction was the normal course of business.  Now you say they are just being dumped.

I have seen discounts on all vacuum brands recently.  Are all vacuums being dumped?

I have more information about Wal*Mart and dyson than most here and I've shared it many times.  Save Matt who knows but can't say.  And other retailers.  Do you have any specific questions?  Warning:  The information doesn't paint a pretty picture for dyson ahead.  US retailers are very worried about the political conditions in Malaysia.  As well as economic conditions here.  In fact, so is the US government about the former and should be about the latter. 

You have lots of misleading information.  No need to share more.

BTW, as far as dyson is a top seller?  Dyson claims 10 percent of the USA new vacuum market in the USA with 2 MILLION.  That's not top in the USA.  Not even close.  It had 8 percent in 2004.  Not much increase.

Tell us what brand has more MS and a higher increase since 2004?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #230   Jul 5, 2008 7:46 am
HS:

What did I tell you?  Have a cup of joe.  You're salivating from the mouth and seeing red.

A red DC07 from 2006?  Are you sure?  I'm not familiar with it.  Can you describe it in more detail?  Say comparing it to a DC14?  The red one that was called the Drive exclusively for TARGET.  [You'll have Matt mmc AirBlade scratching his head again].

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 5, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #231   Jul 5, 2008 8:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

What did I tell you?  Have a cup of joe.  You're salivating from the mouth and seeing red.

A red DC07 from 2006?  Are you sure?  I'm not familiar with it.  Can you describe it in more detail?  Say comparing it to a DC14?  The red one that was called the Drive exclusively for TARGET.  [You'll have Matt mmc AirBlade scratching his head again].

Carmine D.

You are not familiar with lots of things.  You just make them up as you go.  Just because you are not familiar does not mean it does not exist.

How much detail do you need about a DC07.  Red is a color and you should be familiar with it.

CarmineD

Reply #232   Jul 5, 2008 8:10 am
HS:

Better go back and have another cup of joe.  The first didn't do much good.

A red DC07 at TARGET starting in 2006?  That's news to me.  Now you have Matt and I scratching our heads.  Are you sure about being sure?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #233   Jul 5, 2008 8:14 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Better go back and have another cup of joe.  The first didn't do much good.

A red DC07 at TARGET starting in 2006?  That's news to me.  Now you have Matt and I scratching our heads.  Are you sure about being sure?

Carmine D.

Try this genius. 

http://www.target.com/Dyson-DC07-Vacuum-Tools-Red/dp/B000V5195O

CarmineD

Reply #234   Jul 5, 2008 8:26 am
HS:

I tried.  No luck.  Computer won't compute.  Or TARGET won't hit.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #235   Jul 5, 2008 8:32 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I tried.  No luck.  Computer won't compute.  Or TARGET won't hit.

Carmine D.

Target site is slow this AM
CarmineD

Reply #236   Jul 5, 2008 8:36 am
Maybe it needs some coffee too like you!

I'm not aware of a red DC07 at TARGET stores that was launched in 2006.  It's a full time job keeping up with all the different variations that dyson has on the same theme.  

I recall the red DC14 Drive in 2006 which was promoted with extra tools for car cleaning.  These extra tools distinguished it from other DC14 models being sold by US retailers. 

The latter was recently discounted and sold at clearance prices by TARGET stores.  They were all cleared out before the DC24 and 25 made it to the shelves in LV stores. 

Red DC07.  Not a clue.  Since you so good with pictures, how about posting it here!  I'd like to see it and my computer and the TARGET site isn't working for some reason.

Carmine D.

Airblade

Reply #237   Jul 5, 2008 9:37 am
HS is correct.  There is a DC07 Red and it is a Target exclusive.  It is primarily the same as a DC07 All Floors, just in Target's colors.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #238   Jul 5, 2008 10:49 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hey DC18:

Like I said, it's the normal course of business.  The DC07, to answer Matt, stayed the course not because of its popularity.  It's not that good for rug cleaning.  Evidence: Kapoc rug test and less than mediocre Consumer Reports ratings especially for carpet cleaning. 

There's just so many DC07 and 14-s that were made and sold to big box retailers that are still on shelves and warehouses unsold after 6 years.  Plus, dyson adding new models every year competing for sales with all of these old models.  

The reason Wal*Mart never carried the dyson line.  But reluctantly agreed to exclusive models which struck out 2 times, 3 if you count the DC07 All Floors.  Not because Wal*Mart, the largest US big box retailer, didn't want the latest and greatest.  It did.  But it wanted to discount the old models to make room.  Dyson had a hissy fit.  And Wal*Mart kicked dyson out.  At least until dyson gravolled back.

The prices on these new DC07-s are dropping fast as well in the USA.  So are their refurbs.  And as you would expect, there are alot of dyson DC07 refurbs.

Carmine D.

Hello Carmine,

Can you tell us (me) the Walmart "kicked" Dyson out story (year and month if possible).  Walmart shafting vendors is common place, so how do we know Walmart simply did not give Dyson the shaft too?        DIB

Replies: 229 - 238 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42