Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 105 - 114 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Reply #105   Jul 3, 2008 6:28 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hey MOLE:

Yes, all the talk about dyson MAP enforcement and price supports.  Supposedly to assist the indy-s against big box stores' price competition.  And the dealer only dysons.  Sure!  More like retailers' exclusives.  Remember it all very well.  Heard it enough from all the dysoners. 

The dyson crowd has short memories and forsight.  Now they won't admit they were all wrong.  And we were right.  How soon they forget!  Ask the question: What is the signature dyson?  You can't get 3 dysoners to agree.  Ask which is the greater dyson?  And they are befuddled?  Hasn't come yet.  Each new one is supposed to be the greater.  Only each new dyson is the lesser:  Less air watts, less dirt bin capacity.  More user maintenance!  Greater price!

Carmine D. 

Right you are Carmine,

These guys ought to run for government office. The only  job in the world where your paid a lot of money to be wrong. And a lifetime membership in the club.

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #106   Jul 3, 2008 6:35 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I do not think that anyone is denying the definition of permanent. In fact I posted it earlier and you twisted around the post.  Are you still denying that that you said it could not be removed ? 

You mentioned recently that the clergy was very dear to you.  Do they teach you to lie.

The truth will set you free.

HS:

Same as a permanent cloth bag.  Permament until removed.  Meant to be permanent and stay on to serve a purpose and last forever .  Not become removed accidently, unintentionally, and tossed because it can't get reinstalled. 

The clergy and religion are near and dear to my heart.  But this thread is about dysons. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #107   Jul 3, 2008 6:38 pm
mole wrote:
Right you are Carmine,

These guys ought to run for government office. The only  job in the world where your paid a lot of money to be wrong. And a lifetime membership in the club.

MOLE

Right again MOLE.  Where they stand depends on where they sit! 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #108   Jul 3, 2008 6:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hey MOLE:

Yes, all the talk about dyson MAP enforcement and price supports.  Supposedly to assist the indy-s against big box stores' price competition.  And the dealer only dysons.  Sure!  More like retailers' exclusives.  Remember it all very well.  Heard it enough from all the dysoners. 

The dyson crowd has short memories and forsight.  Now they won't admit they were all wrong.  And we were right.  How soon they forget!  Ask the question: What is the signature dyson?  You can't get 3 dysoners to agree.  Ask which is the greater dyson?  And they are befuddled?  Hasn't come yet.  Each new one is supposed to be the greater.  Only each new dyson is the lesser:  Less air watts, less dirt bin capacity.  More user maintenance!  Greater price!

Carmine D. 

Remember when you said that each new Hoover was greater than the previous and I disagreed.  I was the one who was right.  Each was lesser.  You said Dyson was gone and I disagreed.  I was right. 

The DC07 is the best DYSON (in my opinion).

CarmineD

Reply #109   Jul 3, 2008 6:41 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Remember when you said that each new Hoover was greater than the previous and I disagreed.  I was the one who was right.  Each was lesser.  You said Dyson was gone and I disagreed.  I was right. 

Right HS:

That's the reason you sold your DC07 after 3 years and bought a DC14 and returned it for a credit!  And now use a Royal bagged for $299 and Kirby bagged Sentria.  Makes perfect sense.   Non-sense.

Carmine D.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #110   Jul 3, 2008 6:59 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

I agree with you there HARDSELL the DC07 is one of the best Dyson's and the most powerful to date...in the UK anyway!

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #111   Jul 3, 2008 7:14 pm
DC18 wrote:
I agree with you there HARDSELL the DC07 is one of the best Dyson's and the most powerful to date...in the UK anyway!

DC18

No doubt, DC18, for the UK.  The DC07 was made especially for rugs and carpets in the UK/Europe.  Low to mid pile.  Not for rugs in the USA.  Medium to high pile, loops and sculptured.  DC07-14 have a puny brush bar and are outperformed by any/all the big box store brand uprights on rugs.  [Which also come with manual rug height adjustments besting the dyson].  The reason in part the dyson brush bars were revamped to more USA industry standard brush rolls on subsequent models.  To make them compete better for rug cleaning with the competition in the markets where dyson exports.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #112   Jul 3, 2008 7:39 pm
dusty wrote:
Kind of like a filter that doesn't clog...until it clogs.  I get your thinking now.  I wonder if NAD would agree with you.

Dusty

Well Dusty, NAD certainly didn't agree with dyson on the claim that its filters didn't clog. 

Long before NAD disagreed, MOLE and I did too, here.  All filters clog and we said so, even dyson.  And when they do, suction decreases.  More so than the fall off in suction when bags clog.  Why?  Filters have a smaller surface area than paper bags.  Clog quicker.  Takes less dirt to clog up a filter than a paper bag.  And the consequences for permanent damage of a clogged filter to a vacuum motor trump a clogged bag easily [which requires removal and replacement of the dyson motor].  Didn't take me 450 engineers and 5127 prototypes to reach that conclusion.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #113   Jul 3, 2008 9:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Well Dusty, NAD certainly didn't agree with dyson on the claim that its filters didn't clog. 

Long before NAD disagreed, MOLE and I did too, here.  All filters clog and we said so, even dyson.  And when they do, suction decreases.  More so than the fall off in suction when bags clog.  Why?  Filters have a smaller surface area than paper bags.  Clog quicker.  Takes less dirt to clog up a filter than a paper bag.  And the consequences for permanent damage of a clogged filter to a vacuum motor trump a clogged bag easily [which requires removal and replacement of the dyson motor].  Didn't take me 450 engineers and 5127 prototypes to reach that conclusion.

Carmine D.

You and mole told us nothing that we do not know.  Any filter that does not clog should not be there in the first place.

The DC0 filter does not clog as quickly as a bag.  I only washed mine annually.  Try using a bag more than a few times before suction drops.

dusty

Reply #114   Jul 3, 2008 11:11 pm
CarmineD wrote:

All filters clog and we said so, even dyson.  And when they do, suction decreases.  More so than the fall off in suction when bags clog.  Why?  Filters have a smaller surface area than paper bags.  Clog quicker.  Takes less dirt to clog up a filter than a paper bag.  And the consequences for permanent damage of a clogged filter to a vacuum motor trump a clogged bag easily [which requires removal and replacement of the dyson motor].  Didn't take me 450 engineers and 5127 prototypes to reach that conclusion.

Carmine D.

Any bagged vacuum will have more dust clogging it in 5 minutes than a Dyson would get on it's filter in a month of use.  You are right that clogged filters burn out motors...we see a steady stream of Kenmore / Panasonic canisters in with clogged filters because the seal on the bags is so ineffective and sure enough...toasted motors.

Dusty
Replies: 105 - 114 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42