Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 97 - 106 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #97   Jul 3, 2008 6:00 pm
mole wrote:
Camine,your not sayin that dysons doing a little creative accounting are you?.You know REGINA / DYSON 2 the same........

MOLE

Who knows, MOLE?  It's a very good question.  It's hard to hide a vessal load of new vacuums from smart auditors, who were the ones who noticed all the returned REGINA-s stocking up.  And one asked the question:  What are all these returned REGINA-s.  And the answer:  They are customer returns.  A little research and voila:  Double counted sales and no expenses associated with the resales.  Twice the profit, half the cost of manufacturing.  And along came the refurb law. 

I don't know how it worked.  That must have been one huge payment from dyson to WM.  No loss in sales for dyson who accounts for sales as shipment to vendor.  Why? Because all the dysons went to BB stores.  Simple bookkeeping entry by dyson.  Did BB front the do re me for all these WM dysons?  I doubt it. 

Maybe there was some financial arrangement between dyson and BB for the dyson dump.  Perhaps a delayed payment/sales on installment payments.  As the dysons sell, BB pays dyson by installments.  Hard to say MOLE.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #98   Jul 3, 2008 6:01 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hey MOLE man:

Good question.  Back in 2005 when Wal*Mart scrubbed the DC07 All Floors for the HOOVER FUSION, dyson took back the WM dyson inventory.  WM insisted on cash in return, no credits.  Dyson forked it up and unloaded all the WM dysons on BEST BUY stores.  A ship load.  The BB stores are still selling them 3 plus years later with still more in warehouses stored yet to be sold.  BB was upset with dyson over this maneuver.  But went along for the ride.  A rough one.  Still.  3 plus years later.  And the DC07-s are getting kicked around at clearance prices by all retailers to unload. 

At the rate dyson is going, it will be passed 3 digits in model numbers and BB will still be selling the DC07-s.  By then they should priced at their true worth.  Buy 1 get 3 free.  And a DC16 Hand Held included free.

Carmine D.

Carmine THE MODEL # will be the retail m.s.r.p you know the one cast in stone that if broken you will banished from the vacuum world never to be heard from again.

According to dyson wizards on this forum the dc07 was the best of the dyson breed,Oh my how are going to carry on the dyson propaganda machine when the leader of the pack has abandonded the ship.

MOLE,

Im lost but if i happen to show up before i get back keep me here.........
HARDSELL

Reply #99   Jul 3, 2008 6:09 pm
mole wrote:
Carmine THE MODEL # will be the retail m.s.r.p you know the one cast in stone that if broken you will banished from the vacuum world never to be heard from again.

According to dyson wizards on this forum the dc07 was the best of the dyson breed,Oh my how are going to carry on the dyson propaganda machine when the leader of the pack has abandonded the ship.

MOLE,

Im lost but if i happen to show up before i get back keep me here.........

The MSRP  is permanent on the DC07. 
HARDSELL

Reply #100   Jul 3, 2008 6:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Your truths are not so true.

Hello HS:

I highlighted in bold italics with underlining the portion you didn't.  Included a definition of "permanent;"  [From Random House Webster's College edition]:

1. Existing perpetually; everlasting; 2.  intended to serve, function, etc for a long indefinite period.   

The current does, the old didn't.

Carmine D. 

I do not think that anyone is denying the definition of permanent. In fact I posted it earlier and you twisted around the post.  Are you still denying that that you said it could not be removed ? 

You mentioned recently that the clergy was very dear to you.  Do they teach you to lie.

The truth will set you free.

CarmineD

Reply #101   Jul 3, 2008 6:15 pm
Hey MOLE:

Yes, all the talk about dyson MAP enforcement and price supports.  Supposedly to assist the indy-s against big box stores' price competition.  And the dealer only dysons.  Sure!  More like retailers' exclusives.  Remember it all very well.  Heard it enough from all the dysoners. 

The dyson crowd has short memories and forsight.  Now they won't admit they were all wrong.  And we were right.  How soon they forget!  Ask the question: What is the signature dyson?  You can't get 3 dysoners to agree.  Ask which is the greater dyson?  And they are befuddled?  Hasn't come yet.  Each new one is supposed to be the greater.  Only each new dyson is the lesser:  Less air watts, less dirt bin capacity.  More user maintenance!  Greater price!

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #102   Jul 3, 2008 6:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hey MOLE man:

Good question.  Back in 2005 when Wal*Mart scrubbed the DC07 All Floors for the HOOVER FUSION, dyson took back the WM dyson inventory.  WM insisted on cash in return, no credits.  Dyson forked it up and unloaded all the WM dysons on BEST BUY stores.  A ship load.  The BB stores are still selling them 3 plus years later with still more in warehouses stored yet to be sold.  BB was upset with dyson over this maneuver.  But went along for the ride.  A rough one.  Still.  3 plus years later.  And the DC07-s are getting kicked around at clearance prices by all retailers to unload. 

At the rate dyson is going, it will be passed 3 digits in model numbers and BB will still be selling the DC07-s.  By then they should priced at their true worth.  Buy 1 get 3 free.  And a DC16 Hand Held included free.

Carmine D.

Strange thing is that they were not gone for long.  WM lost so many sales that they had to bring Dyson back.

You chose to be a loser.  WM chose to get back on track.  It is not too late for you to beg forgiveness from Dyson too. 

mole

Reply #103   Jul 3, 2008 6:22 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
The MSRP  is permanent on the DC07. 

Yes i understand H.S. but how about the price?

Is the hair and dirt that sticks on the shroud and the cyclones permanent also.

I had a hair permanent once, sort of looked like a big chia pet...........

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #104   Jul 3, 2008 6:24 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Strange thing is that they were not gone for long.  WM lost so many sales that they had to bring Dyson back.

You chose to be a loser.  WM chose to get back on track.  It is not too late for you to beg forgiveness from Dyson too. 

Yeah.  A big wig in dyson had a close friend in WM and he begged his friend to ask WM to take dyson back in with an exclusive.  $389 DC-07 and 2 year warranty.  They are as popular as snow b-a-l-l-s in LV!  Most WM stores couldn't move them off the shelves.  Still can't.  Recenty, they were selling for $320 with give back incentives to buyers.  Still not selling.  Dyson can give a 10 year warranty now and they still won't sell at $300.  Not now.  Not with gas prices going to $7 per gallon. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #105   Jul 3, 2008 6:28 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hey MOLE:

Yes, all the talk about dyson MAP enforcement and price supports.  Supposedly to assist the indy-s against big box stores' price competition.  And the dealer only dysons.  Sure!  More like retailers' exclusives.  Remember it all very well.  Heard it enough from all the dysoners. 

The dyson crowd has short memories and forsight.  Now they won't admit they were all wrong.  And we were right.  How soon they forget!  Ask the question: What is the signature dyson?  You can't get 3 dysoners to agree.  Ask which is the greater dyson?  And they are befuddled?  Hasn't come yet.  Each new one is supposed to be the greater.  Only each new dyson is the lesser:  Less air watts, less dirt bin capacity.  More user maintenance!  Greater price!

Carmine D. 

Right you are Carmine,

These guys ought to run for government office. The only  job in the world where your paid a lot of money to be wrong. And a lifetime membership in the club.

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #106   Jul 3, 2008 6:35 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I do not think that anyone is denying the definition of permanent. In fact I posted it earlier and you twisted around the post.  Are you still denying that that you said it could not be removed ? 

You mentioned recently that the clergy was very dear to you.  Do they teach you to lie.

The truth will set you free.

HS:

Same as a permanent cloth bag.  Permament until removed.  Meant to be permanent and stay on to serve a purpose and last forever .  Not become removed accidently, unintentionally, and tossed because it can't get reinstalled. 

The clergy and religion are near and dear to my heart.  But this thread is about dysons. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 97 - 106 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42