Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Riccar. Will Oreck keep up?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
dusty

New Riccar. Will Oreck keep up?
Original Message   Jul 3, 2008 10:05 am
 The new Riccar SL5 now has a V belt with lifetime warranty.  Anyone think Oreck will finally make a change to their system to keep up?  With the SL1 and SL4 faring so well in Consumer Reports I would think David and the gang may want to finally change how their machine works.

Dusty
This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by dusty
Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
dusty

Re: New Riccar. Will Oreck keep up?
Reply #21   Jul 14, 2008 5:48 pm
Just wrote:
Where cans one see this SL5 we speak of?  I looked on the Riccar website and the RSL4 (which I own) is the newest model listed in the supralites.

It should be up on the site soon.  I've seen promo literature and hope to have the machines in the next couple weeks.  There is also a new commercial unit on the way too.

Dusty
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #22   Jul 15, 2008 1:43 am
Mike_W wrote:
See a new "8lb." model coming from Tacony.

The new "8lb." should be out by Aug.  They will be an improvement, eventhough there was not much to improve on.  Having a belt, that will not need to be changed often, will help. 
Just

Reply #23   Jul 15, 2008 10:07 am
Mike_W wrote:
The new "8lb." should be out by Aug.  They will be an improvement, eventhough there was not much to improve on.  Having a belt, that will not need to be changed often, will help. 

I agree, I can't think of alot on the SL4 that needs improvement.  I haven't had belt issues, though I have only had mine since Feb.  If there were any improvements I would suggest, it would be the noise level. I still think the motor is screechy, but it does a wonderful job for a little guy.
mole

Reply #24   Jul 15, 2008 5:18 pm
Forgive me for asking but are these models comparable to the old supra lite,and freedom uprights,

MOLE
This message was modified Jul 15, 2008 by mole
Just

Reply #25   Jul 15, 2008 5:33 pm
The RSL4 is a Surpalite.  (Riccar) .  It is a really good machine, and my mother can run it from her wheelchair if she has the desire.
mole

Reply #26   Jul 15, 2008 5:42 pm
Shame on you J.P.T. you should get your mom a housekeeper,at least twice a week............

mole
dusty

Reply #27   Jul 15, 2008 6:37 pm
mole wrote:
Forgive me for asking but are these models comparable to the old supra lite,and freedom uprights,

MOLE

Hi Mole,

Yep, they are variations on the original supralite which is still being sold.  New models have switches moved up to an ergonomic hand grip, rubber wheels so bare floors don't get scratched, and hepa bags.

Dusty
Just

Reply #28   Jul 16, 2008 9:31 am
mole wrote:
Shame on you J.P.T. you should get your mom a housekeeper,at least twice a week............

mole

Mole,

She has one. . .ME!!  Notice I said "If she has the desire".  She only had the desire once since I had the machine, and that was because she spilled some cornflakes.

Just

Reply #29   Jul 16, 2008 9:38 am
As I said in the review section, I like the Surpalite very much.  It has a very agressive brushroll so it fluffs the carpet very well.  Since most of my "dirt" is pet hair,  no complaints on the pick up.  The bag is very large, I can pack in a month of Eskie (American Eskimo Dog) with little problems (Also remember this is not the only vac in my house).  Thought he blue filterette bags are very good and less expensive, I would highly recommend the clothlike hepa bags as the machine appears to breath easier.  I judge this by the rigidity of the bag when the machine is running.    A drop of sented oil on a cotton ball then sucked up in the machine keeps down the "doggy smell" of the bag.
Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Reply #30   Jul 17, 2008 4:21 am
I just remembered that the new model also has a metal brushroll to go with the new belt.
Replies: 21 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42