Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 82 - 91 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Reply #82   Jul 3, 2008 9:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Dusty,

I think we now know for sure that the DC07 is not for the mentally challenged like the "TWISTER".

Is That why you got rid of your dyson??????????????????

MOLE

JackD

Reply #83   Jul 3, 2008 9:24 am
CarmineD wrote:
Motor:

Here's the truth.  Within the first year of launch, dyson retooled the DC07 u-bend air way joint.  Making it permanent on the DC07-s and not removable.  It was removable originally on the first and early DC-07's supposedly to allow users to clear clogs/blockages.  It had a yellow thumb tab on it to depress to remove/attach.   

Carmine D. 

Ok so a few pages of debate had me curious so I called Dyson.  The lady I talked to get a bit of a chuckle when I asked about them making this piece "not removable".  She explained that the confusion probably comes from a change made in how it comes of making it necessary to bend down and use a hand as oppossed to pressing it down with a foot.  However, it is still very removable and both the instruction manual and their phone staff use than as one of the first places to "remove" and check for a larger object you may have sucked up in error. 

So was removable and still is removable but they did apparently change how you remove it.  The current way seems pretty easy to get off and on.  I would guess boths sides of the debate by now know it is still removable, but this debate is really more about personalities than the machines.

Airblade

Reply #84   Jul 3, 2008 9:32 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

4 year old-s could and probably did!  Then store staffs with years of experience trained by former housewives [turned dyson reps] could't replace!    That IS the truth, my HS man.  That's the reason dyson corrected the design and function flaw in the u bend air way joint on subsequent DC-07's.  And subsequently scrubbed it on all the post DC14 models.  Word, my little menschins! 

Matt mmc, AirBlade, where are you?  This rabid dyson pack hath need of thee!  Won't accept the truth from a dyson critic.  Maybe you will be more successful?

Carmine D.

I've just been shaking my head at this crazy topic of conversation.  Jack D is correct.  The original u-bend was changed because it was mistaken as a foot pedal, however it is still removable by end users.
mole

Reply #85   Jul 3, 2008 9:43 am
I agree MATT, is this where dysons typically get blocked?, From my experience with serviceing them the blocks are further up at the inlet hose and brushroll area.

All vacuums clog,no manufacturer other than dyson makes the claim that theirs dont.

Yes the early model 07 had the tabs for the duct removeal,many were off by accident and brought in for service,

My advice to dyson would be to take all the different angles that the air has to move through to get to the end of the system,this would also bring the high temperatures down to where the casings would not distort so much.

MOLE

Airblade

Reply #86   Jul 3, 2008 9:47 am
mole wrote:
I agree MATT, is this where dysons typically get blocked?, From my experience with serviceing them the blocks are further up at the inlet hose and brushroll area.

All vacuums clog,no manufacturer other than dyson makes the claim that theirs dont.

Yes the early model 07 had the tabs for the duct removeal,many were off by accident and brought in for service,

My advice to dyson would be to take all the different angles that the air has to move through to get to the end of the system,this would also bring the high temperatures down to where the casings would not distort so much.

MOLE

The u-bend is a clogging point for only the wand.........there is no airflow through it when the brushroll is engaged.
mole

Reply #87   Jul 3, 2008 9:53 am
Thanks Matt, does dyson use a built in divertor valve, for attachment use?

MOLE

Airblade

Reply #88   Jul 3, 2008 10:03 am
Not sure on the technical name.......but yes, there is a valve that automatically diverts the airflow
CarmineD

Reply #89   Jul 3, 2008 4:17 pm
Airblade wrote:
I've just been shaking my head at this crazy topic of conversation.  Jack D is correct.  The original u-bend was changed because it was mistaken as a foot pedal, however it is still removable by end users.

Hey Matt the scat:

Thanks.  You should remember that years ago and here too I was the FIRST person that  criticized the thumb tab on the U bend air way joint on the DC07.  Saying users stepped on it to release the dyson handle.  Then couldn't reinstall.  And w/o it, no suction in the tool mode.  Mike W. knows too [the invisible man].  Thanks MIke for your assistance here. 

It's called let's divert the criticism away from dyson which IS the problem and spin it toward Carmine D.  You know that by now.  Your band of happy rabid dysoners are experts at the game.  It makes me laugh with a heart of joy.  And solidifies my position on dysons. 

These menschkins know the thumb tab idea was a joke.  Shame on the 450 dyson engineers.  Not to mention that it violates the cardinal rule of Mr. D's autobiography that users should not have to bend over to fiddle with controls and switches.  Does that include removing/reinstalling the joint [with and without the tab press] ?

The original ubend airway joint required the user to install in many cases on the DC-07's new out of the box.  Why?  Because the poor dyson quality control let them go out off the vacuum and/or the piece came off in shipping and/or in opening and displaying.  Isn't that right Matt?  And many of the store staff didn't know how and what to do with the pieces.  That's the reason the DC07 was retooled and refitted to be permanently on the vacuum [out of the box]  unless removed by the user. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #90   Jul 3, 2008 4:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hey Matt the scat:

Thanks.  You should remember that years ago and here too I was the FIRST person that  criticized the thumb tab on the U bend air way joint on the DC07.  Saying users stepped on it to release the dyson handle.  Then couldn't reinstall.  And w/o it, no suction in the tool mode.  Mike W. knows too [the invisible man].  Thanks MIke for your assistance here. 

It's called let's divert the criticism away from dyson which IS the problem and spin it toward Carmine D.  You know that by now.  Your band of happy rabid dysoners are experts at the game.  It makes me laugh with a heart of joy.  And solidifies my position on dysons. 

These menschkins know the thumb tab idea was a joke.  Shame on the 450 dyson engineers.  Not to mention that it violates the cardinal rule of Mr. D's autobiography that users should not have to bend over to fiddle with controls and switches.  Does that include removing/reinstalling the joint [with and without the tab press] ?

The original ubend airway joint required the user to install in many cases on the DC-07's new out of the box.  Why?  Because the poor dyson quality control let them go out off the vacuum and/or the piece came off in shipping and/or in opening and displaying.  Isn't that right Matt?  And many of the store staff didn't know how and what to do with the pieces.  That's the reason the DC07 was retooled and refitted to be permanently on the vacuum [out of the box]  unless removed by the user. 

Carmine D.

I know how easily you forget.  I hilighted in red your claim that the u-bend on the DC07 is not removable.

Pass the crow please.      American Crow

Your truths are not so true.

Motor:

Here's the truth.  Within the first year of launch, dyson retooled the DC07 u-bend air way joint.  Making it permanent on the DC07-s and not removable.  It was removable originally on the first and early DC-07's supposedly to allow users to clear clogs/blockages.  It had a yellow thumb tab on it to depress to remove/attach.  People thought it was the handle release and would step on the thumb tab.  The piece came off and most stores' staff didn't know how to attach it.  It remained along side the dyson display model/still in the box never used.  Result:  No suction in the tool mode.  Fix:  Dyson knew a buck item was poised to derail its launch, and made the piece permanent.  Quick like. 

Good thing ORECK stayed the course and took dyson to court.  I have not seen the latest DC24/25 product lit.  But, if dyson is still using the false claim, then dyson is violating the NAD ruling and subject to punitive and monetary disciplinary actions.  Dyson isn't that stupid.  Even the dyson retailers have long dropped the use of the false dyson claim.  

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #91   Jul 3, 2008 5:04 pm
Your truths are not so true.
Motor:

Here's the truth.  Within the first year of launch, dyson retooled the DC07 u-bend air way joint.  Making it permanent on the DC07-s and not removable.  It was removable originally on the first and early DC-07's supposedly to allow users to clear clogs/blockages.  It had a yellow thumb tab on it to depress to remove/attach.  People thought it was the handle release and would step on the thumb tab.  The piece came off and most stores' staff didn't know how to attach it.  It remained along side the dyson display model/still in the box never used.  Result:  No suction in the tool mode.  Fix:  Dyson knew a buck item was poised to derail its launch, and made the piece permanent.  Quick like. 

Carmine D. 

Hello HS:

I highlighted in bold italics with underlining the portion you didn't.  Included a definition of "permanent;"  [From Random House Webster's College edition]:

1. Existing perpetually; everlasting; 2.  intended to serve, function, etc for a long indefinite period.   

The current does, the old didn't.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 82 - 91 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42