Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 65 - 74 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #65   Jul 2, 2008 4:31 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Carmine, that statement would hold water IF there was a portion on the U-bend that was thrown away and replaced periodically. 
-MH

From my perspective, obviously the minority, your statement proves my point that the u-bend airway joint is permanent.  No part of it should be unused/replaced/thrown away.  Thank you, Motor.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #66   Jul 2, 2008 4:34 pm
the only permanent about cloth shake out bags is that the cat and dog hair gets stuck permanetly inside the bag,who wants to fiddle with this nonsense,

Hows this for a new twist a paper filter bag  inside a cloth woven mole skin bag,with a filter underneath that.

O h im sorry its been done already  ABOUT 60 YEARS AGO.............

MOLE

mole

Reply #67   Jul 2, 2008 4:34 pm
the only permanent about cloth shake out bags is that the cat and dog hair gets stuck permanetly inside the bag,who wants to fiddle with this nonsense,

Hows this for a new twist a paper filter bag  inside a cloth woven mole skin bag,with a filter underneath that.

O h im sorry its been done already  ABOUT 60 YEARS AGO.............

MOLE

JackD

Reply #68   Jul 2, 2008 4:35 pm
CarmineD wrote:
From my perspective, obviously the minority, your statement is the basis for the u-bend airway joint being permanent. 

Carmine D.

I guess I'm still confused what the change was then.  If they "changed" it to make it "permanent" but it always has been removable does that mean it used to be disposable?
CarmineD

Reply #69   Jul 2, 2008 4:36 pm
dusty wrote:
Quick! Somebody contact David Oreck!  He'll be glad to know he can now advertise the new permanent belt feature :-)

Dusty

He knows already, I'm sure.  Permanent until it breaks off, and/or is replaced.  Certainly, it should not be used without a belt.  Hence, the belt is permanent.  Just like a permanent cloth bag.  Thank you, Dusty.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #70   Jul 2, 2008 4:42 pm
JackD wrote:
I guess I'm still confused what the change was then.  If they "changed" it to make it "permanent" but it always has been removable does that mean it used to be disposable?

I can tell you are confused.  Let me try to assist you in your confusion.  Yes, in fact it was disposable.  Why?  During the dyson launch in 2002, many of the DC-07 display models lacked the joint. completely.   Either it was sitting along side the vacuum, or on top of the vacuum, and/or still in the box in the warehouse without a purpose in life.  As I said, the bright yellow colored thumb tab on the u bend air way joint was an open invitation for lookers to press/step on.  When they did, off it came and it stayed off.  Without the store staff knowing how to re-attach/for what purpose it was needed and used.  Pray tell:  Is it still that way JackD when you saw it??

Carmine D.

dusty

Reply #71   Jul 2, 2008 4:47 pm
CarmineD wrote:
He knows already, I'm sure.  Permanent until it breaks off, and/or is replaced.  Certainly, it should not be used without a belt.  Hence, the belt is permanent.  Just like a permanent cloth bag.  Thank you, Dusty.

Carmine D.

Kind of like a filter that doesn't clog...until it clogs.  I get your thinking now.  I wonder if NAD would agree with you.

Dusty
dusty

Reply #72   Jul 2, 2008 4:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I can tell you are confused.  Let me try to assist you in your confusion.  Yes, in fact it was disposable.  Why?  During the dyson launch in 2002, many of the DC-07 display models lacked the joint. completely.   Either it was sitting along side the vacuum, or on top of the vacuum, and/or still in the box in the warehouse without a purpose in life.  As I said, the bright yellow colored thumb tab on the u bend air way joint was an open invitation for lookers to press/step on.  When they did, off it came and it stayed off.  Without the store staff knowing how to re-attach/for what purpose it was needed and used.  Pray tell:  Is it still that way JackD when you saw it??

Carmine D.

Jack already gave you an answer

That "upbend" thing slid off with a push of a thumb.  Kind of seems like it would come in handy to get stuff out that you probably shouldn't have run over in the first place.

Pretty impressive.  Jack managed to not only remove but put back the permanent UBend on his first attempt.  It's amazing nobody else could figure that out back in the day.

Dusty
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #73   Jul 2, 2008 5:44 pm
dusty wrote:
With not having the DC25 in Canada I can't give you an answer on that one.  The DC24 roller, though sparse with the brushes seems to do a decent enough job on the carpet.  We use  Dysons when we demo Capture or Sebo cleaning powder and the 24 does an admirable job at picking the powder up.

Dusty

Hi Dusty

Thanks for your reply.  I have never understood why Dyson brushes on their brush bars are spaced too wide apart!  Plus the brushes are very short! The DC25 has slightly smaller turfs but not so spaced out like the DC24 and I have to say when I tested the DC25 and DC24 the DC25 brush bar is a much welcomed improvement over the DC24, DC18 and DC15!  You could see the pile being lifted and groomed!

The original DC01 had triple row of brushes which where spaced out in line with each row, which worked very well!

DC18

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #74   Jul 2, 2008 5:50 pm
It's about time Dyson design a vacuum for the UK market!  I wonder if this new Vacuum will replace the US only DC17!

DC18!

Replies: 65 - 74 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42