Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 58 - 67 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
JackD

Reply #58   Jul 2, 2008 8:14 am
So you are saying the paper bags and filters that we replace on vacuums are "permanent" pieces?  Trying to figure out what the fuss was all about I stopped by a Best Buy and looked at a Dyson.  That "upbend" thing slid off with a push of a thumb.  Kind of seems like it would come in handy to get stuff out that you probably shouldn't have run over in the first place.  Store staff said it has always done this.  What am I missing?
M00seUK

Reply #59   Jul 2, 2008 8:30 am
Dyson is rumoured to be gearing up and putting a new model in to production during September :-

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/2/business/21702103&sec=business

The article mentions printed circuit boards as part of the new contract - I wonder if this is significant?
Some of the uprights in the past have included small circuit boards (DC15) for brushbar power supply switching, does anyone know if any of the current crop have them?

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by M00seUK
dusty

Reply #60   Jul 2, 2008 10:05 am
JackD wrote:
So you are saying the paper bags and filters that we replace on vacuums are "permanent" pieces?  Trying to figure out what the fuss was all about I stopped by a Best Buy and looked at a Dyson.  That "upbend" thing slid off with a push of a thumb.  Kind of seems like it would come in handy to get stuff out that you probably shouldn't have run over in the first place.  Store staff said it has always done this.  What am I missing?

You're not missing anything.  Carmine has a slightly different definition of permanent.
CarmineD

Reply #61   Jul 2, 2008 12:39 pm
Hello Dusty:

And it's not just for dyson, witness the repost on the "permanent" cloth bags.  Thank you, Dusty. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #62   Jul 2, 2008 1:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Guys:

I took the liberty to repost this from June 29.  It was in response to MOLE on the thread about paper bags for the EUREKA rotomatic.  Nothing to do with dyson and thumb tabs and ubend airways.

Please note my use of permanent in the reply for the cloth bag.  Of course it's not.  Has to be removed to dump and clean.  But a vacuum vernacular for cloths going back to my era.

So goes the generation [perhaps 2] gap in vacuum communications my friends. 

Carmine D.

Carmine, that statement would hold water IF there was a portion on the U-bend that was thrown away and replaced periodically.  The term "permanent cloth bag" makes perfect sense to distinguish between the bag that is not disposable and the paper liner that is.  But there's no such thing here, and once again, we caught you red-handed and we'll see how you lie your way out of this one, like so many other statements you repeat and believe

Chalk up another fairy tale!

-MH
Motorhead

Reply #63   Jul 2, 2008 1:57 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Dyson is rumoured to be gearing up and putting a new model in to production during September :-

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/2/business/21702103&sec=business

The article mentions printed circuit boards as part of the new contract - I wonder if this is significant?
Some of the uprights in the past have included small circuit boards (DC15) for brushbar power supply switching, does anyone know if any of the current crop have them?

Hi Moose, that will be the DC27 which will be launched in the United States in October.  At this time I can't divulge any more details.

-MH
dusty

Reply #64   Jul 2, 2008 4:18 pm
Quick! Somebody contact David Oreck!  He'll be glad to know he can now advertise the new permanent belt feature :-)

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #65   Jul 2, 2008 4:31 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Carmine, that statement would hold water IF there was a portion on the U-bend that was thrown away and replaced periodically. 
-MH

From my perspective, obviously the minority, your statement proves my point that the u-bend airway joint is permanent.  No part of it should be unused/replaced/thrown away.  Thank you, Motor.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #66   Jul 2, 2008 4:34 pm
the only permanent about cloth shake out bags is that the cat and dog hair gets stuck permanetly inside the bag,who wants to fiddle with this nonsense,

Hows this for a new twist a paper filter bag  inside a cloth woven mole skin bag,with a filter underneath that.

O h im sorry its been done already  ABOUT 60 YEARS AGO.............

MOLE

mole

Reply #67   Jul 2, 2008 4:34 pm
the only permanent about cloth shake out bags is that the cat and dog hair gets stuck permanetly inside the bag,who wants to fiddle with this nonsense,

Hows this for a new twist a paper filter bag  inside a cloth woven mole skin bag,with a filter underneath that.

O h im sorry its been done already  ABOUT 60 YEARS AGO.............

MOLE

Replies: 58 - 67 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42