Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 213 - 222 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #213   Jul 2, 2008 7:03 am
HS:

I never did it.  I frequently had both genuine and replacement parts.  I also had an opinion for both with prices and shared with my customers.  I let them decide.  Many times and cases the replacements were as good and better than the originals, or exactly the same, save the logo of the genuine.  Less expensive.  Sometimes considerably less to the customers. 

I saw the wave of Japanese replacement parts for vacuums in the 50 and 60's.  They were terrible.  I wouldn't buy and use these from my suppliers and parts makers.  Gradually they got better and I did.  But sold/used strictly as replacements not genuines and the customers were told and charged accordingly.  Many refused Japanese parts regardless of the cost.  And all the parts had the stickers with the place of production.  Easily came off but not by me when sold over the counter.  Truth in selling.  Especially as an authorized sales and service dealer/store for the leading vacuum brands at the time. 

If others do it, that's their business.  They can run their business as they choose.  It' s not my business what they do.  I hold myself alone to the honest standard.  Not others.  I expect honesty, but over the years get disappointed.  Good rule of thumb.  Always ask the questions and get answers.  If you don't like the answer, keep asking questions.  Eventually the truth emerges.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #214   Jul 3, 2008 7:08 am
Interesting that some [maybe just one] here impugn indies based on practices for which no concrete proof is offered.  But vacuumfreake buys a smelly old beat up vacuum on ebay [just happens to be called a dyson], overpays for it, and no one expresses concern?  Save maybe vacuumfreake?  Probably not an isolated ebay incident.

People are people.  Honest ones and dishonest ones both personally and professionally.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 3, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #215   Jul 3, 2008 8:22 am
CarmineD wrote:
Interesting that some [maybe just one] here impugn indies based on practices for which no concrete proof is offered.  But vacuumfreake buys a smelly old beat up vacuum on ebay [just happens to be called a dyson], overpays for it, and no one expresses concern?  Save maybe vacuumfreake?  Probably not an isolated ebay incident.

People are people.  Honest ones and dishonest ones both personally and professionally.

Carmine D.

vacuumfreak gave an honest recount of his purchase and is asking for help.  He is not claiming that his other vacuums are superior and bashing Dyson at each opportunity.  He made no false claims about parts being permanently when they are not.  In other words, when you continually lie on a forum who knows what you will do for money. Also remember, I caught an indy in a lie.

No need tocriticize a person who admits to his mistakes.  On the other hand.

CarmineD

Reply #216   Jul 3, 2008 8:57 am
HS and dyson defenders:

Read VF's account of the DC-07.  Sounds like the same stuff MOLE and I have said for years.  Where's the debate against his critique?  Given up the fight?  Facts are against you.  Hence DC07 and DC14 are on clearance sales among retailers and soon to be dumped by dyson. 

Carmine D.

Airblade

Reply #217   Jul 3, 2008 9:42 am
Why is discontinuing a model such a hot topic of conversation?  Every manufacturer in every category discontinues models all the time.  GM scrubs 2007 models when the 2008's are ready.  Apple discontinues macbooks and ipods.  Hoover discontinues models. 

Why are we being critical of a model that is being discontinued after almost 6 years?  Doesn't the longevity just show its popularity?
HARDSELL

Reply #218   Jul 3, 2008 9:52 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS and dyson defenders:

Read VF's account of the DC-07.  Sounds like the same stuff MOLE and I have said for years.  Where's the debate against his critique?  Given up the fight?  Facts are against you.  Hence DC07 and DC14 are on clearance sales among retailers and soon to be dumped by dyson. 

Carmine D.

I have to assume you are talking about the smell since you and mole have criticized everything about the Dyson.

Bagged vacuums are no different with regards to retaining odors.  They require a new bag to eliminate odor.  Dyson requires dumping the bin to rid odors.  It is more economical to dump a bin than to replace a bag after vacuuming ol Rover's shedding hair.

Oreck offers scented tabs to control odor. All one has to do is vacuum up some scented potpouri (or similar product) with a Dyson.  Same effect.

Actully baking soda will help control odors.  My bet is that the previous owner of vacuumfreaks Dyson was trying to accomplish this with kapok. 

mole

Reply #219   Jul 3, 2008 10:07 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I have to assume you are talking about the smell since you and mole have criticized everything about the Dyson

Nothing was said that was not the truth[well almost everything].You just  misunderstood.

The greatest marketing program in vacuum history,what a bunch of nice guys arent they........ They are known as[ EDGE MERCHANTS] from where i come from...........

MOLE

M00seUK

Reply #220   Jul 3, 2008 3:09 pm
CrunchGear are wrapping up their visit to Dyson with photos of electromagnetic and acoustic testing :-

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/07/03/gallery-dyson-hq/

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #221   Jul 3, 2008 5:48 pm
Airblade wrote:
Why is discontinuing a model such a hot topic of conversation?  Every manufacturer in every category discontinues models all the time.  GM scrubs 2007 models when the 2008's are ready.  Apple discontinues macbooks and ipods.  Hoover discontinues models. 

Why are we being critical of a model that is being discontinued after almost 6 years?  Doesn't the longevity just show its popularity?

Very good point Airblade!  Everyone else does it!  I've had my DC07 for nearly 7 years and the basic model is still available in the UK too!  I believe the DC07 and DC14 are very popular Dyson models in the UK!

DC18

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #222   Jul 3, 2008 5:50 pm
Dyson (UK) website has had a 'facelift' more pictures\views of the complete model range with a new 360 degree view!

DC18

Replies: 213 - 222 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42