Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 51 - 60 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #51   Jul 1, 2008 5:09 pm
In the UK the Dyson Brochures for the DC24 and DC25 plus the DC22 and DC23 it pitches them as

DC24 for the smaller home (and the DC22 as well!)

DC25 for the Bigger\larger Home (and the DC23 too!)

So that tells us that Dyson designed the DC24 (and the canister DC22) for the smaller home, thats doesn't mean to say someone with a bigger house can't use it!  Just be emptying the bin more regularly!

If I'm not mistaken in the news article and press release from Dyson (UK) it stated the Engineers were given the task of making\designing\engineering smaller lighter vacuums due tot he fact UK homes were becoming smaller and space was a premium!

Also when I investigated the DC24 in a shop the filter washing (which i believe I posted on here) was every 1 month!  The 3-6 months is for the larger model DC25!

Some of the above info is found in the  'Dyson DC24 / DC25 VAcs: Sir James Brings his Ball back' thread on this forum.  

DC18

This message was modified Jul 1, 2008 by DC18
dusty

Reply #52   Jul 1, 2008 5:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
It's permanent until you take it off.  Your pants are permanent until you take them off.  Pants don't fall off.  Shouldn't!  That's why there are belts and suspenders [for us old guys].

If we used that logic would not all bag models have a permanent paper bag? 

Dusty
dusty

Reply #53   Jul 1, 2008 5:39 pm
DC18 wrote:
In the UK the Dyson Brochures for the DC24 and DC25 plus the DC22 and DC23 it pitches them as

DC24 for the smaller home (and the DC22 as well!)

DC25 for the Bigger\larger Home (and the DC23 too!)

So that tells us that Dyson designed the DC24 (and the canister DC22) for the smaller home, thats doesn't mean to say someone with a bigger house can't use it!  Just be emptying the bin more regularly!

If I'm not mistaken in the news article and press release from Dyson (UK) it stated the Engineers were given the task of making\designing\engineering smaller lighter vacuums due tot he fact UK homes were becoming smaller and space was a premium!

Also when I investigated the DC24 in a shop the filter washing (which i believe I posted on here) was every 1 month!  The 3-6 months is for the larger model DC25!

Some of the above info is found in the  'Dyson DC24 / DC25 VAcs: Sir James Brings his Ball back' thread on this forum.  

DC18

Hi DC18,

Yep, the filters on the DC24 are labeled for washing monthly.  We've been using the same machine around the store for demos for a couple months now and the pre-motor filter is starting to get dirty (hasn't penetrated to the other side yet) and the washable hepa shows no signs of needing cleaning. We sell this machine where it is designed for...smaller homes, condos, places with less carpet.  I have no doubt that if you were to use it in a family home with pets and high traffic that the filters would need maintenance monthly.

Dusty
This message was modified Jul 1, 2008 by dusty
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #54   Jul 1, 2008 7:49 pm
Hi Dusty

Thanks for the info. Interesting to know the filter(s) last longer than a month.  How do you rate the brush bar on this model?  On my testing of the DC24 and DC25 in a shop i preferred the DC25 brush bar over the DC24!  DC24 could be a little more aggressive.  Could do with more brush turfs on the brush bar!

DC18

This message was modified Jul 1, 2008 by DC18
dusty

Reply #55   Jul 1, 2008 10:18 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi Dusty

Thanks for the info. Interesting to know the filter(s) last longer than a month.  How do you rate the brush bar on this model?  On my testing of the DC24 and DC25 in a shop i preferred the DC25 brush bar over the DC24!  DC24 could be a little more aggressive.  Could do with more brush turfs on the brush bar!

DC18

With not having the DC25 in Canada I can't give you an answer on that one.  The DC24 roller, though sparse with the brushes seems to do a decent enough job on the carpet.  We use  Dysons when we demo Capture or Sebo cleaning powder and the 24 does an admirable job at picking the powder up.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #56   Jul 2, 2008 7:06 am
dusty wrote:

If we used that logic would not all bag models have a permanent paper bag? 

Dusty

Dusty:

Close but no cigar.  More like a permanent cloth bag was long the vacuum vernacular in the industry I know and love.  Read on.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #57   Jul 2, 2008 7:10 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Gents:

MOLE, yes the paper bag fits inside a cloth permanent bag.  What sets this paper insert apart from others of the era [like the GE Cann] is the thin cardboard rim stitched and glued to the top of the paper bag.  It allows the paper bag to sit tightly inside the groove on the top of the rubber gasket on the cloth bag rim that fits in the vacuum.  Not surprised these are very hard to find and special orders.  Wonderful straight suction vacuum, very quiet, with a very clean exhaust air for its old age.  Lamb motor if I remember correctly.

Carmine D.

Hi Guys:

I took the liberty to repost this from June 29.  It was in response to MOLE on the thread about paper bags for the EUREKA rotomatic.  Nothing to do with dyson and thumb tabs and ubend airways.

Please note my use of permanent in the reply for the cloth bag.  Of course it's not.  Has to be removed to dump and clean.  But a vacuum vernacular for cloths going back to my era.

So goes the generation [perhaps 2] gap in vacuum communications my friends. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by CarmineD
JackD

Reply #58   Jul 2, 2008 8:14 am
So you are saying the paper bags and filters that we replace on vacuums are "permanent" pieces?  Trying to figure out what the fuss was all about I stopped by a Best Buy and looked at a Dyson.  That "upbend" thing slid off with a push of a thumb.  Kind of seems like it would come in handy to get stuff out that you probably shouldn't have run over in the first place.  Store staff said it has always done this.  What am I missing?
M00seUK

Reply #59   Jul 2, 2008 8:30 am
Dyson is rumoured to be gearing up and putting a new model in to production during September :-

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/2/business/21702103&sec=business

The article mentions printed circuit boards as part of the new contract - I wonder if this is significant?
Some of the uprights in the past have included small circuit boards (DC15) for brushbar power supply switching, does anyone know if any of the current crop have them?

This message was modified Jul 2, 2008 by M00seUK
dusty

Reply #60   Jul 2, 2008 10:05 am
JackD wrote:
So you are saying the paper bags and filters that we replace on vacuums are "permanent" pieces?  Trying to figure out what the fuss was all about I stopped by a Best Buy and looked at a Dyson.  That "upbend" thing slid off with a push of a thumb.  Kind of seems like it would come in handy to get stuff out that you probably shouldn't have run over in the first place.  Store staff said it has always done this.  What am I missing?

You're not missing anything.  Carmine has a slightly different definition of permanent.
Replies: 51 - 60 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42