Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 41 - 50 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Reply #41   Jul 1, 2008 7:37 am
CarmineD wrote:
Motor, Dusty:

Well let me say this:  The dyson u bend airway joint does NOT come come off and stay off as easily as it did with the original launch of the DC07-s.  At that time, it had a prominent thumb tab that users stepped on to release the handle.  Only to learn that the u bend air way joint fell off and no one could replace it.  The dyson Users Guide didn't address it's removal and replacement at the time  Tool suction was zip.  Frequently, the piece was found sitting along side the display models and/or still in the box in the warehouse.

My DC07 pink, now retired from service for inability to perform as well as less expensive uprights, has no thumb tab to remove the joint, has not fallen off ,and has not been taken off since August 2006.  That makes it permanent to me.  Certainly makes it retooled from the original form and design.  How's that for dyson accuracy and correctness?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I think your pink was sabotaged and marked ' for sale to Carmine' .

Are you now saying that the joint is not permanent but not as easily removed?

I purchased my DC07 about 3 years ago and it had the removable joint.  I never incurred a problem with it. 

CarmineD

Reply #42   Jul 1, 2008 7:44 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine,

I think your pink was sabotaged and marked ' for sale to Carmine' .

Are you now saying that the joint is not permanent but not as easily removed?

I purchased my DC07 about 3 years ago and it had the removable joint.  I never incurred a problem with it. 

HS:

Yes, that's what I said based on a little assistance from Motor and Dusty.  It's permanent unless deliberately and intentionally removed with effort and forethought.  No longer does it fall off accidently and unintentially and remain off.

Please read my post about the Consumer Reports review and the DC07 dirt bin.  It's a dyson and CR classic.  I'm sure you never had the same problem as CR either with your dirt bin.  Doesn't mean it didn't exist.  Just means dyson, to its credit, took CR's criticism seriously and corrected the problems.  You may not recall/don't remember.  You were not posting on the vacuum Forums at the time, to my knowledge, as HARDSELL.

You're getting better HS.  Use to be you blamed my carpets: Mohawk wool loop medium pile.  Builder grade you called it.  Which it is not.  I special ordered.   Now you say the dyson vacuum was sabotaged.  If it is the latter, it was a permanent sabotage by dyson during the design, manufacture, and production.  It failed not just me but 2 other users too in their home carpet vacuuming.  You know what happens and the result.  Gawdawful ratcheting noise, brush roll stops turning, no cleaning being done.  Since all 3 of us have household pets, the constant ratcheting noise drove the poor animals wild.  Probably gave them permanent hearing loss and fear of vacuums. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 1, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #43   Jul 1, 2008 9:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Yes, that's what I said based on a little assistance from Motor and Dusty.  It's permanent unless deliberately and intentionally removed with effort and forethought.  No longer does it fall off accidently and unintentially and remain off.

Please read my post about the Consumer Reports review and the DC07 dirt bin.  It's a dyson and CR classic.  I'm sure you never had the same problem as CR either with your dirt bin.  Doesn't mean it didn't exist.  Just means dyson, to its credit, took CR's criticism seriously and corrected the problems.  You may not recall/don't remember.  You were not posting on the vacuum Forums at the time, to my knowledge, as HARDSELL.

You're getting better HS.  Use to be you blamed my carpets: Mohawk wool loop medium pile.  Builder grade you called it.  Which it is not.  I special ordered.   Now you say the dyson vacuum was sabotaged.  If it is the latter, it was a permanent sabotage by dyson during the design, manufacture, and production.  It failed not just me but 2 other users too in their home carpet vacuuming.  You know what happens and the result.  Gawdawful ratcheting noise, brush roll stops turning, no cleaning being done.  Since all 3 of us have household pets, the constant ratcheting noise drove the poor animals wild.  Probably gave them permanent hearing loss and fear of vacuums. 

Carmine D.

So you incorrectly stated more than once that it was permanent.  What else have you told the forum that was a figment of your imagination?

dusty

Reply #44   Jul 1, 2008 10:15 am
CarmineD wrote:

Well let me say this:  The dyson u bend airway joint does NOT come off and stay off as easily as it did with the original launch of the DC07-s. 

Then we also should also say that it is indeed a removable part and that Dyson corrected the problem and it is no longer an issue.

Dusty
dusty

Reply #45   Jul 1, 2008 10:25 am
CarmineD wrote:

A good reason to never buy anything in it's first year of production.  Eureka Bravo motor fans, Dirt Devil electric hoses, Electorolux switch rockers, anything built by Chrysler....they  were all things that were a nightmare in the service department.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #46   Jul 1, 2008 12:49 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
So you incorrectly stated more than once that it was permanent.  What else have you told the forum that was a figment of your imagination?

HS:

It's permanent until you take it off.  Your pants are permanent until you take them off.  Pants don't fall off.  Shouldn't!  That's why there are belts and suspenders [for us old guys].

Let me think on your last question, and get back to you.  I'm sure if there is something, one thing or other I stated in error, someone/everyone here would have corrected me at least a dozen times.  Just so I don't forget!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #47   Jul 1, 2008 12:57 pm
dusty wrote:
Then we also should also say that it is indeed a removable part and that Dyson corrected the problem and it is no longer an issue.

Dusty

Hello Dusty:

You said it for me.  Dyson also corrected the dirt bin problem.  These were givens.  Relatively simple changes and necessary for making.

But the gawdawful ratcheing noise, clutch shut off, puny DC07 brush roll, and self adjusting height adjustment for the brush nozzle head, and no headlight/cord winder are all still problematic.  The reasons dyson is scrubbing the model.  [IMHO].

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #48   Jul 1, 2008 1:03 pm
dusty wrote:
A good reason to never buy anything in it's first year of production. 
Dusty

Hello Dusty:

It's been over 6 years now for the DC07.  And they are $289 vice $439.  I still wouldn't recommend buying it to my worse enemy.  There are too many better,  less expensive makes and models now that compete for the bagless upright vacuum market.  And that's the reason in large part dyson's market share has dropped precipitously in the UK in the last 3 years.  Dropping in the USA too.  The same will happen in Canada.  Economics work the same in all markets, for all products, for all currencies.  Just takes time for the market forces to work their way through the economies. 

Maybe different in Japan.  Japanese like Mr. D.  But they also like $4000 toilets that wash your privates with heated water, play your favorite tunes, and emit your favorite aromas.  Consumers that pay $4000 for a toilet are probably willing to pay the same for a household vacuum.  PT Barnum coined a name for them.  He just forgot to say they would all be born Japanese!

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #49   Jul 1, 2008 4:35 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

It's permanent until you take it off.  Your pants are permanent until you take them off.  Pants don't fall off.  Shouldn't!  That's why there are belts and suspenders [for us old guys].

Let me think on your last question, and get back to you.  I'm sure if there is something, one thing or other I stated in error, someone/everyone here would have corrected me at least a dozen times.  Just so I don't forget!

Carmine D.

Would it be so disgraceful to admit that you are wrong?  You were wrong about the joint being permanent no matter how you twist your words.

HARDSELL

Reply #50   Jul 1, 2008 4:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Dusty:

It's been over 6 years now for the DC07.  And they are $289 vice $439.  I still wouldn't recommend buying it to my worse enemy.  There are too many better,  less expensive makes and models now that compete for the bagless upright vacuum market.  And that's the reason in large part dyson's market share has dropped precipitously in the UK in the last 3 years.  Dropping in the USA too.  The same will happen in Canada.  Economics work the same in all markets, for all products, for all currencies.  Just takes time for the market forces to work their way through the economies. 

Maybe different in Japan.  Japanese like Mr. D.  But they also like $4000 toilets that wash your privates with heated water, play your favorite tunes, and emit your favorite aromas.  Consumers that pay $4000 for a toilet are probably willing to pay the same for a household vacuum.  PT Barnum coined a name for them.  He just forgot to say they would all be born Japanese!

Carmine D.

What happens to liars

http://blog.blazingangles.net/whatsthis/2007/10/the-art-of-lying-2.html

Replies: 41 - 50 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42