Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Original Message   May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

ORECK - The business, the history, the machine, the man and related.

(Below: Oreck 1979 to 2008)

< yr. 1979  < yr. 5/2008

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 173 - 182 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Reply #173   Jun 26, 2008 7:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Sorry.  My heart and head are with ORECK-s.  As well as my money.  4 new ORECKS in one year.  It's an 8 pound cleaning champ for the home.  Both grand daughters have the vacuum gene.  [Another on the way].  They both take turns using the ORECK to help their Mother.  They look forward to it. 

ORECK should do the same as many other vacuum brands and provide a toy vacuum giveaway for Christmas.  Who knows.  May even get a younger target market buying the ORECK lightweight uprights.  In the event ORECK uses that idea and makes a fortune, it can keep it.  I don't want a penny.  My reward is watching my grand daughters use the ORECK to vacuum their home. 

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

I like your toy idea and giving it away.  I like the idea of the little ones having fun behind their moms or grandma’s Oreck too.  I like the idea that your heart and mind is behind Oreck. and for many reasons.  What I do not like is when Oreck takes the lower road at times with said tag phrase (for example).  There is absolutely no good reason for this.  IMO his reputation is king and doing anything that could damage this is reckless.  The thing about good original ideas is that they are free if one believes and looks for it and/or puts themselves in the place to receive it.  Since you are a Believer, you probably believe the idea of... Behind every gift is the Giver of the gift.  I wonder how the Giver feels when his gifts are taken from whom He gives them to?        DIB

HARDSELL

Reply #174   Jun 26, 2008 7:34 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Sorry.  My heart and head are with ORECK-s.  As well as my money.  4 new ORECKS in one year.  It's an 8 pound cleaning champ for the home.  Both grand daughters have the vacuum gene.  [Another on the way].  They both take turns using the ORECK to help their Mother.  They look forward to it. 

ORECK should do the same as many other vacuum brands and provide a toy vacuum giveaway for Christmas.  Who knows.  May even get a younger target market buying the ORECK lightweight uprights.  In the event ORECK uses that idea and makes a fortune, it can keep it.  I don't want a penny.  My reward is watching my grand daughters use the ORECK to vacuum their home. 

Carmine D.

Oreck already makes only toy vacuums.  Just cut the power cord so the kids will not get shocked.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #175   Jun 26, 2008 7:45 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Oreck already makes only toy vacuums.  Just cut the power cord so the kids will not get shocked.

Sorry Carmine, but that was pretty funny!        DIB
This message was modified Jun 26, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #176   Jun 27, 2008 6:57 am
DIB:

Thank you for liking the idea.  Maybe ORECK will use it?  I have some suggestions to pass along to ORECK on the vacuum, maybe I'll include this one too for marketing.

You have faith, and that's a blessing from the Almighty.  We all are given gifts, call them graces.  Some use and some do not.  For those who don't, they will be accountable for what they did with their graces.  [You know well the biblical parable of the coins: To whom much is given, much has to be received].  ORECK used it.

As I've said with similar debates here before, the grace [idea, call it what you like] can be granted and received by more than one.  It's what you do with it that counts.  In hindsight everyone can proclaim he/she had the grace [gift] first.  The question always becomes:  What did he/she do with it?  We know what the HSN guy did with it.  We know what ORECK did.  Choose who acted and who didn't.  For all you know the idea of air movement may have been the grace that started ORECK onto air purifiers?  ORECK used it as a business logo for purifiers.

BTW, HS is a funny guy.  He should have mentioned that before cutting the cord, make sure you pull the plug out of the electrical outlet.  I don't think Mike W agrees.  Didn't I see a lock on a thread yesterday shortly after HS posted:  Dyson: News You Can't Use?   Didn't you start that thread?   Now that's funny! 

Where one stands, depends on where one sits.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 27, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #177   Jun 27, 2008 3:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

BTW, HS is a funny guy.  He should have mentioned that before cutting the cord, make sure you pull the plug out of the electrical outlet. That's funny too.

I don't think Mike W agrees.  Didn't I see a lock on a thread yesterday shortly after HS posted:  Dyson: News You Can't Use?   Didn't you start that thread?   Now that's funny! 

Carmine, Mole had a bit of a melt down as you did some months ago which led to the thread being closed.  It seems his potty mouth got my thread closed.  Take a look, the moderator edited moles post       DIB

Where one stands, depends on where one sits.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 27, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #178   Jun 27, 2008 4:39 pm
Hello DIB:

Wordsmithing to MOLE's post only.  No change in content and/or the poster's name that it was directed toward. 

The earlier ORECK post [started by MOLE] was locked after a post by Motor, not me.  I was way way up the chain and much earlier in the day.  Here's the rule DIB:  The last poster in line that hits, takes the hit [read lock out].  Just like sport events. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 27, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #179   Jul 5, 2008 11:31 am

Oreck goes both ways…

It’s funny to see Mr. O religiously single out and attack the (cyclonic) Dyson in his XL21 infomercial and on his website/s all the while he holds a cyclonic patent and/or uses this patent in his shampooer.  He went way out of his way to not use the word/s cyclonic or cyclone in his patent description and claims too. – Funny.        DIB

Patent number 7,048,783

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7048783.html?query=PN%2F7048783+OR+7048783&stemming=on

This message was modified Jul 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #180   Jul 5, 2008 3:19 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Oreck goes both ways…

Agree with that statement for rug and floor cleaning and back again.  No brush shut off to worry about.  Throw rugs too.  No problems.  No adjustments needed.  Just do it and put away for another day. 

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Jul 5, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #181   Jul 5, 2008 4:35 pm

Maybe I should of said he wants it both ways with messaging - cyclonic is bad and cyclonic is good.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #182   Jul 5, 2008 5:29 pm
Sounds like he's right.  Most good things taken to the extreme are bad.  That's where the saying comes in:  Too much of a good thing is bad!  Too much suction power is bad.  Too aggressive brush rolls are bad.  Balance is good.  The right things in the right measures all working together in harmony for the best outcome.   Which is the ORECK.  8 pounds.  Excellent brush roll.  Full sized bag.  30 parts.  All made in the USA. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 5, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 173 - 182 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42